It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globull Warming - Heat wave in UK predicted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

yep i live on the coast and go across a bay and coastal waterway bridges everyday and drive by the beach at least once a week.
the shoreline is exactly where it's always been from the time i was a kid, except where man made construction has altered it.
even that is still where it was after the alterations. 10,15,20,30 years ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   
We've had a cold June.
The UK is generaly colder now in the summer than it was 20 years ago.
Not surprising as we are a cool period right now as all the data tells us.

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I spent a long tIme arguing that it's moving stations, location cherry-picking, and outright fudging the sigma variance in data.

My last remaining criticism is our combined scrubbing tech and attacking smog over carbon for the first 30 years is what ACTUALLY accelerated it.

I have tried to find studies on southern/northern albedo, but now several spots in the South are shrinking and falling into the sea.

As a science major we all laughed at global warming on our way to being accredited mud analyzers, but then Al Gore and mounds of even unbias data kinda killed my voice. We are doing a microgreenhouse without the sulfates to increase atmospheric reflectivity.

I also don't think we can really stop it outside painting the unfrozen tundra white, or just seeding the atmosphere with sulfates.

All my interglacial cyclical argument have been destroyed by even studies trying to question it showing data way outside the expected cyclical value. And I can no longer pretend that they backtracked the historical core data to support a lower +/- and build the argument on fallacy. Every time I try to find something to dispute it it gets more plausible.

And I can no longer find the data that confirms the poles are swapping their total ice cover either. I have lost all my skeptical argument and now I'm getting sorta like a flat-earther to deny it.

I'm thinking instead of focusing on saving or killing internal combustion, or wind turbines, people should focus on building an infrastructure of dikes and normal windmills in Miami-Dade county.
edit on 16-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yup I remember in the 1980s working in down town tampa, I lived with my parents in pasco county.

I would get off work and put the top down on my jeep and be drenched in sweat, there was a line leaving the city where it would go from feels like swamp butt, to shivering and flipping the heat on.

I have zero faith that they can actually manage the math to take all that concrete and steel holding heat into account to get an accurate temp reading.

posted on Jun, 16 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

The argument always should have been how do we adjust to the changing climate, the green stuff found frozen in the artic, and the sahara being lush green lands long before we were accused of changing the climate.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I am expecting to find some bearded fella called Noah building a large boat down at my local docks if the sky keeps leaking any more

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I am expecting to find some bearded fella called Noah building a large boat down at my local docks if the sky keeps leaking any more

I was under the impression that it always rained where you are.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
We've had a cold June.
The UK is generaly colder now in the summer than it was 20 years ago.
Not surprising as we are a cool period right now as all the data tells us.

You are silly. Let me give you the new labels
Weather cooler= Climate change= Global cooling
Weather warmer=Climate change= Global heating
Use either one to further your agenda.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Weather cooler= Climate change= Global cooling
Weather warmer=Climate change= Global heating
Use either one to further your agenda.

you forgot one, global warming = global cooling

that way they cover all the bases.

edit on 17-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Latest weather report shows temps in New York area climbing to 98 F (38 C) later this week

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That's gotta be one of the best memes I've seen in a while. 😂 👍

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've always been an outdoors person, hiking is one of my main hobbies.

I, and a few hunters I know who are older than me, have noticed over the years that the ticks have become worse and worse over the years.
This early spring I was hiking along a deer path that ran through some reeds, a bit of a high spot through a marshy bit. All the reeds were of course dead, I had to step on some to get past a muddy spot, and it was like a horror movie, every step I took dozens of ticks scattered away from my foot, I've never seen anything like it and this was in early March.
There's also a lot of talk about invasive species like the Joro spider that typically can't survive winters in Northern parts but seem to be thriving and further migrating north.

I also saw a eastern blue bird in late February! I've never seen that.

Take it as you will, but, just because it's not sweltering hot during the summer months, doesn't mean global temperatures overall aren't getting higher. Insects are also becoming larger in general.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Huh. sounds like summer weather. I never knew summers were not supposed to be hot.

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

"Insects are also becoming larger in general."

Oh no, Starship Troopers here we come...

posted on Jun, 17 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I was under the impression that it always rained where you are.

We get between 6 and 8 foot of rainfall per year , sometimes it feels like that falls per week

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   

This is our first heat wave of the year( Pa) and of course the media is making a big deal out of it. But the last few years we've gone through summers that never hit 100 degrees and that isn't mentioned. Last week we were in the upper 70s to mid 80s, up and down. Pretty much perfect. One park was in the upper 60s in mid state Friday, yesterday it was 90 degrees. You can't cherry pick weather data and claim cooling or warming. The southwest has been hot but the Pacific coast has been quite cool. Australia had a cold snap. Its winter there.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As soon as the weather changes, "global warming"

Because people think of the four seasons, apparently the weather is supposed to follow the seasons.

Spring, plants come to life
Summer, sun tan lotion
Autumn, leaves turn brown and fall off
Winter, its c-c-c-cold.

So if a month still has the climate from the previous season, the weather should change too. Ridiculous.

EDIT: Here in Ireland, we call the weather 'the four seasons'. As in, we can get all the four seasons weather in the same day. Quite often actually.
Hence the saying 'his humour changes like the weather"
edit on 18 6 2024 by SecretKnowledge2 because: Im warm, im cold. No im roasting, no im freezing. Tomorrow's another day

edit on 18 6 2024 by SecretKnowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

It's officially referred to here as 'Bloody Weather "! And always has been.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is the forecast where I live for this week.

It’s hot, we usually don’t get temps this hot until mid July, early August.

87 degrees with 95 degree heat index right now.

forecast.weather.gov...
edit on 18-6-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Omg oppressive heat, under miserable grey clouds...I clicked your link, don't envy you!

Doesn't feel like summer is coming this year, for me lol. We had a hosepipe ban this time last year, reservoir levels low, but this year they're 97% full, interesting graph from my water supplier showing 1995 levels (in a dry year) 2023 levels, and this year so far...
www.southwestwater.co.uk...

British weather changes like the wind...or as the gulf stream passes! Washed out summer events here have always been a gamble, all my half a century alive!
...think Glastonbury music festival, I've had fun at muddy rainy ones, but nothing compared to dry ones, with sunshine, omg unpredictable British weather makes every summer event a gamble!!!🤣

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join