It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France’s Macron Dissolves National Assembly After Le Pen Victory in European Vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx
a reply to: pianopraze

I think we all know why people are voting more towards the right...

Even beginning to happen in England... it's predicted Reform UK will overtake Conservatives in the upcoming Election but unfortunately it means Labour will win and we'll have to put up with them for at least 4 years!

The only reason Reform UK will get a vote, is because people are fed up voting for a conservative party that are full of privilaged idiot career politicians like Boris who have gotten complacent. Farage is a populist moron and is only one step away from bumbling Boris and looks like a dodgy second-hand cars sales man.
The only thing he got right was the muddling E.U. bureaucracy which is why I think Le Pen got the vote too.
edit on 10-6-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

You defo wont be voting Ed Davey and the Libs then

They have just published their manifesto saying they will hold another referendum to rejoin EU.
Just for interest, here is the list of all elections taking place all over the world in 2024. Obviously some have already happened, but the list includes local/mayoral/EU and country elections.
Wiki link
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

That’s fair, I definitely appreciate the perspective of someone who is closer and getting exposed to more of what’s going on.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

I noted that there are fair arguments to be made that some of his agendas are globalist like putting French troops in Ukraine and the immigration policy.

But I think that their moves towards making the French military self sufficient is more nationalist than globalist. They’re also trying to make the EU able to react without NATO assistance. That’s far more of a regional alliance.

I just think defaulting to terms like globalist end any productive discourse by eliminating all nuance.

Not to mention, ultimately I’ve yet to see anyone offer someone who really counters globalism in the world.

Some would argue Putin might be fighting against globalism, but in reality he’s just fighting for a version where either Russia/China is at the top of the food chain, or a bipolar version where you have an authoritarian form which we’ve seen in the past and is no better.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It looks like the UK might be heading for a Reform UK-Conservative coalition, as Reform UK are now being led by the excellent Nigel Farage, architect of the Brexit pheonomenon. Without Farage, Reform UK might not have made that big of a splash; however, now he's officially in charge, personally that made up my mind for me, Reform UK all the way. Otherwise I would have voted for the Heritage Party, which ideologically is nearer to my ideals. They're a tiny party at the moment though, so it's doubtful they'll make any headway.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

He’s making them do a new election as he didn’t like the results.

You're confusing two types of elections. These were the elections for the European Parliament, which Le Pen won. Now the French will be voting for their representatives in the French parliament. I don't know the motivation behind Macron's decision but certainly the results in the EU elections was a red card for him.

The reason for his unpopularity is above all the infamous pension bill, which was pushed in spite of the social protests and bypassing the parliament. I remember when our Polish government raised the pension age years ago, the party that held the power at that time failed the elections miserably and couldn't get back into power for a decade.

Anyway, Macron has yet three years of rule ahead of him and more power than presidents in other countries. The National Rally is a virgin party that hasn't yet made their hands dirty. If he has hopes of being reelected, he might want the National Rally to compromise itself by being forced to make unpopular or ineffective decisions hence losing the social support. That would weaken Le Pen's position in the coming presidential election.

The nationalists achieved a lot of success in the elections to the EU parliament because a considerable number of voters were tired with the EU insane and self-destructive green agenda. Still, it's not a revolution. The dominant EPP and S&D remain the majority and Ursula von der Leyen has a big chance of being reelected as a president of the European Commission. So nothing will change except for the periodical cabaret-like speeches of nationalist populists. That will pass too once they figure out the EU Parliament salaries are too good.
edit on 10-6-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not to mention, ultimately I’ve yet to see anyone offer someone who really counters globalism in the world.

Some would argue Putin might be fighting against globalism, but in reality he’s just fighting for a version where either Russia/China is at the top of the food chain, or a bipolar version where you have an authoritarian form which we’ve seen in the past and is no better.

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️ I agree massively with you!
UK politicians may well be totally corrupted behind the scenes with/by the WEF, corporate business and whoever else, but I completely distrust the European union with it's mission for sovereignty over it's nation states.

The UK still isn't completely 'free' because we're still signed up to the European court of human rights, and that court is trying to stop us kicking out fighting age male illegal immigrants, to a 3rd party country for processing asylum applications.

If we do manage to do that, then these illegal immigrants will start fleeing the UK via Northern Ireland, to the Republic of Ireland, back to the safety of the EU.
It's already begun to happen in small numbers, and the Irish government is pissed off with the UK because they're completely besotted with the EU 'dream' and don't want us to have a get out of jail card with the immigrants.

I firmly believe that the French are now waking up to the border free multicultural bull# now, and it's exactly why they've voted for Le Pen's right wing in the EU elections now!

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I firmly believe that the French are now waking up to the border free multicultural bull# now, and it's exactly why they've voted for Le Pen's right wing in the EU elections now!

Which is why I am trying to be fair with them and refrain from the knee jerk dunking on them.

I try not to forget my countries past, and ultimately we have them to thank for being the only nation to help us in our quest for independence.

And while the UK was ultimately who we had to seek independence from, we still used a lot of British structure (like in courts), and share language/cultural similarities. The UK has been a ride and die ally in modern history.

It’s important to remember France and the UK have their own challenges and paths to navigate. I can’t simply apply my country’s interests to how they need to look towards the future.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hey I've got a lot of time for the French, we share a superiority complex for a start, and to be fair, modern Britain was formalised and 'civilised' nearly a thousand years ago when William the conqueror kicked our asses...you'd be amazed how many rich landowners today, have family names which were 'anglicised' to disguise the French lords who originally stole it!😂

Yep, we've been at each other like cats n dogs for millennia, but we 'the people' would still bail each other out if push came to shove, I believe.

This Brit (me) certainly supports the French in their fight to assert some sovereignty over the EU behemoth though...absolutely, and sincerely... they're like an ex girlfriend who you hate but can't stop loving them!🤣😂🤣

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

architect of the Brexit pheonomenon.

What world do you live in?

David Cameron promises a referendum if the Conservatives win the election.

It looks like the UK might be heading for a Reform UK-Conservative coalition

I can't see that happening.....

Reform UK, led by Richard Tice, has ruled out electoral deals with the Conservatives, which could potentially lead to a fractured right-wing vote

edit on 10-6-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Like many complicated relationships, I imagine the rivalry during peace creates healthy competition between the two. But when push comes to shove in recent history, you both seem to have each others backs.

Hopefully we can get to a place soon in the world where the UK and France can go back to the heavy banter and pissing contests (while both are in a good place of prosperity) lol.
edit on 10-6-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Like many complicated relationships, I imagine the rivalry during peace creates healthy competition between the two. But when push comes to shove in recent history, you both seem to have each others backs

I'd begrudgingly have to mostly agree with you. (damn frogs!!)

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

It looks like the UK might be heading for a Reform UK-Conservative coalition,

I certainly hope not. The Conservatives are responsible for how monumentally horsesh!te the country is today after 14 years of misrule, and Reform UK are nothing but grifters.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

At least Reform will sort out the Illegal Immigration issue and I think thsat's the most important thing for many Brits today.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

I think we all know why people are voting more towards the right...

Even beginning to happen in England... it's predicted Reform UK will overtake Conservatives in the upcoming Election but unfortunately it means Labour will win and we'll have to put up with them for at least 4 years!

The only reason Reform UK will get a vote, is because people are fed up voting for a conservative party that are full of privilaged idiot career politicians like Boris who have gotten complacent. Farage is a populist moron and is only one step away from bumbling Boris and looks like a dodgy second-hand cars sales man.
The only thing he got right was the muddling E.U. bureaucracy which is why I think Le Pen got the vote too.

And you think sold out WEF Labour will be any better? Get a grip. They’re all sides of the same corrupt coin. What’s the definition of madness again? Do remind me.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The people melting down that the "far right" is rising through Europe and the USA is hilarious in how insulated and short sighted they are.

1. You've flooded millions of third world immigrants into first world countries trying to erase White people.

2. You've canonized the worst dregs of society and favor special privileges for all of those destroying our nations.

3. You've tried to indoctrinate our kids in an effort to turn them into gay/trans/communists.

4. You've forced us to fund endless wars.

5. You ruined the lives of millions of people by forcing them to choose between their careers or taking an experimental vaccine.

6. You've destroyed our economies.

Their concern is valid, nationally and globally, it's inevitable.

When you keep pushing reasonable men, eventually you're going to force them to retaliate.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Swop '"YOU" accusations for "THEY" accusations and you won't sound so hostile to those you are addressing here who are probably not the culprits of the things you mention.

I agree with most of what you say above, but I am in no way part of any of those problems.

"THEY" are.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here they come!

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I didn't watch the vid, and instead I immediately searched "Paris protests" on seeing your post, but I already KNEW in my gut instinct that it would be the leftists who lost the vote!!!
FFS you couldn't make it up, they supposedly have their 'all holy and fair' Euro system of voting, but the left NEVER fail to kick off protesting the result if it doesn't go their way!

I'd bet all my money that dark forces of EU government intelligence services are massively supporting them...Marine Le Pen has got her work cut out fighting that commy superstate, I'm sooo #ing glad we left when we did!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
The people melting down that the "far right" is rising through Europe and the USA is hilarious in how insulated and short sighted they are.

1. You've flooded millions of third world immigrants into first world countries trying to erase White people.

2. You've canonized the worst dregs of society and favor special privileges for all of those destroying our nations.

3. You've tried to indoctrinate our kids in an effort to turn them into gay/trans/communists.

4. You've forced us to fund endless wars.

5. You ruined the lives of millions of people by forcing them to choose between their careers or taking an experimental vaccine.

6. You've destroyed our economies.

Their concern is valid, nationally and globally, it's inevitable.

When you keep pushing reasonable men, eventually you're going to force them to retaliate.

Do you think THEY are not aware of everything you say? Perhaps not their implementing, idealist foot soldiers who believed in their left wing globalist mission, but those behind them. It’s all too neat and tidy. You can see who will be entering the camps a mile off. They’ve all been marked and signposted beautifully. The anger and justification have all been managed so well and yet, if we don’t follow through our demise is assured. It’s so clever it’s almost painful. We must become monsters again or else whimper out of existence. Checkmate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join