It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France’s Macron Dissolves National Assembly After Le Pen Victory in European Vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wall Street journal

Marine Le Pen’s far-right party handily beat Emmanuel Macron’s party in European Parliament elections

PARIS—French President Emmanuel Macron said he was dissolving France’s National Assembly in a surprise move that scrambled the country’s political firmament Sunday after Marine Le Pen’s far-right party trounced his forces in European elections.

Macron said the country will hold new elections for the lower house of the French parliament on June 30 and July 7, a high-stakes maneuver that stunned a nation already reeling from projections based on early ballot counts for Sunday’s elections for the European Parliament. The projections showed National Rally garnering around 31% of the vote, the highest score ever for the far-right party in European elections, and twice the support for Macron’s Renaissance Party.

Best of luck to those in France.

Personally I’d like to see the globalists out of power but they keep winning elections somehow.

Edit to add some more links:
CNN
Politico
CBS news
New York Times

edit on 9-6-2024 by pianopraze because: Added links

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Perfectly normal.

I always kick over a sand castle when it’s voted way better than mine.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Wee . Moan A Me..........

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing. Was starting to think France would never wake up.

Good job France!

Now if we could just do the same in America, when election time comes around. Then keep it that way for a long time.

I would rather deal with a right leaning government, than a left. At least we know the right has standards, unlike the lefts penchant for double standards as their only standards.

Remember we got President Trump because of the swamp.
Don't loose sight of the big picture.

Democrats under o'buma and o'biden regimes, are evil.
Plain and simple, you're either on God's side, or not.

No other way.

Choose the narrow road.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There's been a massive upsurge for these right-leaning populist parties across Europe.

Change is in the air it seems.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Best of luck to those in France.

Thanks.

I've been expecting big changes for a while now, and this move will hopefully wake up even more "Muton" to make the changes needed.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
There's been a massive upsurge for these right-leaning populist parties across Europe.

Ummm...thank GOD...the mentally deficient subhumans in charge currently are trying to sell us a trip down the primrose path...

Unfortunately for the greater unwashed...they can no longer afford sandals...and thorns hurt...

Still...the left of the herd does so love it's self flagellation...you just know they'd walk barefoot through a mile of thorns to please Massa Daddy.gov...

They're so cunnin...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Well , I Hope it is in the baguette .............

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Funny Guy

Macron makes enemies defending rape-accused star

.... ;;;

lifes a bitch than you matry one?

outie versus Innie
Defend Him ... Go ahead

edit on 9-6-2024 by MetalThunder because: WTF

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Wee . Moan A Me..........

Ummm...a good sign...hopefully soon we get to witness the tail lights of the Citroen as Macron and his elderly husband leave the Élysée Palace...for the last time...as they drive off into the night...

Oui..?

Bonjour...

YouSir
edit on 9-6-2024 by YouSir because: I messed up...

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Macron was certainly a lefty but I don’t know if he’d fit the mold of a globalist.

He’s an interesting leader IMO. Not to say I agree with him or that I’d want to live under his rule.

But he has been positioning France’s military to be one of the premier militaries in Europe, and he’s also tried to get the EU to become more self reliant as the US and UK have been finding themselves disagreeing about what interests align.

I will say he’s a dangerous wild card by implying French troops may enter Ukraine seeing that they’re a NATO ally, and in that respect I could understand allegations he’s feeding into a globalist agenda.

But I think there is more nuance to him than most NPC politicians.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Maybe my comprehension is off today, but the way I read that makes it sound like he didn't like the outcome of the election so he scrapped the results and is holding a new one?

Is that foreshadowing our November election?

Something like there were so many from the right who cheated to get Trump back in office, so we void that vote and do it again?

You know, Biden taking yet another one of Trumps moves? (We all saw the absolute chaos the day Biden was sworn in. It took 7 secret service agents to get Trumps hand off the oval office door knob)

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Ummm...how dare you out me...for voting only once...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Very sorry, Sir.

When the Orange Shirts come to fine you for not doing your part, tell them I will pay it.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I read it as her party won the EU elections. Maybe the election of what French parties will represent them in the EU.

Macron, shocked by the results dissolved the National Assembly and called an election for their internal French government.

I’m American and don’t fully know how parliaments, much less those inside the EU work.

Any European members care to explain?

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: YouSir

Very sorry, Sir.

When the Orange Shirts come to fine you for not doing your part, tell them I will pay it.

Better hope their not after an arm and a leg…

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Macron Meets with and caters to The Bidens and then this happens !! 😃

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Maybe my comprehension is off today, but the way I read that makes it sound like he didn't like the outcome of the election so he scrapped the results and is holding a new one?

Is that foreshadowing our November election?

Something like there were so many from the right who cheated to get Trump back in office, so we void that vote and do it again?

You know, Biden taking yet another one of Trumps moves? (We all saw the absolute chaos the day Biden was sworn in. It took 7 secret service agents to get Trumps hand off the oval office door knob)

He’s making them do a new election as he didn’t like the results.

It’s legal.

Papers are saying it will likely hurt his party in the long run.

As an American it sounds like a system I would not like, but it is their system and my likes don’t apply.

I am very much for countries having whatever government they decide is best.

I am against globalist trying to force countries to do what the globalists want.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I’m pretty sure the EU had their parliamentary elections today, and France didn’t have a national election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join