It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern war crimes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   
In just recent days the news has broken that Palestinian prisoners are being anally sodomized by Israeli forces using electric torture devices, and that the Israelis, to extract their own prisoners, committed a perfidious massacre in a refugee camp of a starving population while disguised in humanitarian trucks, and using the U.S.-built "humanitarian pier." The zionist state and its U.S. patron are pioneering new types of war crimes before our eyes. One part of the world looks on in horror. Another part doesn't look. A third part—increasingly small, desperate, but still powerful and unhinged—looks on triumphantly, even boastfully, while milking sympathy with victims' tears.

What's incredible to me is to compare today's bloodbath with the 1982 massacre of Sabra and Shatila. Even before that infamous massacre, no less than U.S. president Ronald Reagan himself had criticized the Israeli offensive on Beirut as a "holocaust." As far as we know, the massacre itself wasn't perpetrated directly, but only indirectly, by the Israeli forces (their Christian fascist allies in Lebanon did the dirty work for them). At the time, the Palestinian cause was even more closely identified with "terrorism" (there was no mainstream support or recognition, at least not in the west). The number of fatal casualties, using the high end of estimates (3,500), was only a fraction of the present war's lower-estimated figures (35,000). Still, Sabra and Shatila was an international scandal. It led to the (partial) resignation of defense minister Ariel Sharon. It's a moral blight that the Israeli intellectual and artistic class still grappled with, decades after the fact. But there is no such reckoning now. If anything, the real lesson of Sabra and Shatila that seems to have taken hold is to do it again, and better, and more openly, and get away with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigRedChew

The old saying, "You Reap What You Sow" oftentimes holds true. No LinkiDinkies, no believe. Just propaganda.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If being a terrorist holding Israeli hostages, is not the most suckiest job on this planet, than it should be at the top lol.
When you consider the fact that they actually hold all those involved responsible - the events after the Olympic massacre, to the raid on entebbe, you would think people would get the message, don't **** with Israel. But No lol! 🤣🤣🤣

edit on 8-6-2024 by vance2 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The pier was damaged beyond use last week, shortly after its completion, with few aid trucks having used it. As of today it still hasn't been repaired.

Want to edit your story, sport?

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It actually has been repaired. The repair cost $22 million and they finished repairing it just two days ago. Do your research, buddy.

Also, the port was damaged about three weeks ago. Not last week.
edit on 8-6-2024 by BigRedChew because: (no reason given)

Port repaired

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   

oh look another isreal sucks thread. that make about the 10,000th one.

If anything, the real lesson

and the real lesson is don't blank a round and you won't lose a round.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I get it, Jews r bad.

Enjoy your opinion.

And while you do, the IDF will continue to send Hamas to hell

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

The real lesson will be for all you philistines when you find out you are on the wrong side of history.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Except they are killing innocent women and children in refugee camps. Not “Hamas”

It’s all good though. Glad to see Hamas sending back so many IDF punks home with no legs or arms.

When you walk around Israel and you see someone who has their arms or legs amputated just remember there were innocent children involved.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Because no war, ever, involves civilians.

How’s the saying go?

Do your research buddy?

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Lol when over 35,000 innocent people have been killed I think that is called a genocide buddy not a war.

The ICC seems to think so also.

Now how does the saying go again?

Do your research buddy.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The fact that so many of you are openly and willingly supporting a genocide is absolutely mind-boggling. You all would have done very well during the nazi regime justifying your actions.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No.

Wow! Instant stars!

ALL wars claim civilian lives.

This war has a civilian to combatant fatality ratio no different to most others and better than many.

Especially when the population density and the fact that Hamas uses civilians as body armour is taken into account.

There is only one thing different about this one.

WW1 10 million
WW2 50 million
Korea 3 million
Vietnam 2 million
Post 911 US wars 400 thousand

Research ☝️

edit on 8-6-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigRedChew
The fact that so many of you are openly and willingly supporting a genocide is absolutely mind-boggling. You all would have done very well during the nazi regime justifying your actions.

Would I be supporting genocide if I hope both sides eliminate each other?
Im tired of all of these religious/idealistic peoples 100s of years of endless wars and their justifications.
Countless dead fighting over what side of the toast gets buttered, top or bottom….

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   

"The US Central Command announced on Friday, June 7, 2024, that the pier has been reattached to the beach in Gaza, and aid delivery operations are expected to resume in the coming days."

You never mention the torture Hamas has been perpetrating on the hostages they took that started this war, which are the same thing you now accuse the IDF of doing.

Funny that.....
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I think the toll in Ukraine is up to around 1.3 million now. There have been crimes against humanity since the dawn of humanity and crimes against humanity will continue long into the future. I have come to believe humanity is a crime against humanity. It is nothing new under the sun.

As far as Ukraine is concerned, I believe our government is the guilty party there. The ICC has charged and indicted the wrong parties there.
edit on 8-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

I'll catch hell for saying this but I think there is not a more savage and brutal killer on the planet than a radicalized Muslim. Barbarians!
edit on 8-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   

So roughly 0.75% of the population, yeah, that's a genocide if I've ever seen one. Wonder what Israel is going to do about the other 5 million or so; at the rate they're going, it's going to be the slowest genocide in history.

Edit: quick back of the napkin calculation, it's going to take roughly 95 years to fully genocide the population, that's of course not taking into account any births, deaths, or asylum claims. Give me a frickin' break.
edit on 6/8/2024 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Wow! Instant stars!

makes one wonder how many socks one can wear.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Wow! Instant stars!

Watch out it’s the sock brigade, I heard they multiply if you get them wet.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

It’s actually kind of interesting.

It reflects what’s going on with the propaganda on a larger scale.

The Hamas and their supporters spin everything to make it appear that they have overwhelming support when that just isn’t the case.

They broke up a university protest encampment here a while back.

Three of the protesters were students at the university. The rest were all members of the River To The Sea Traveling Road Show.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join