It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the American media silent?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I've been waiting for more than a day for this news to appear on the forum. But she's still not there. Well then I'll tell you.

The Yemeni Houthi rebel movement Ansar Allah attacked the American aircraft carrier Dwight Eisenhower in the Red Sea. This was reported on May 31 by the Houthi-owned Al Masirah TV channel.

The military representative of the movement, Yahya Saria, noted that this was done in response to attacks by Great Britain and the United States on the targets of the radical organization in Yemen.

“As part of the response to the American-British aggression, Yemen’s missile and naval forces conducted a joint operation, attacking the American aircraft carrier Eisenhower in the Red Sea,” his Telegram channel states.

Saria added that the hit was right on target. Several cruise and ballistic missiles were used during the strike, he said.

All Russian media reported this yesterday.

Thank you.
edit on 1-6-2024 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Here's another great news, make a topic

x.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It's being reported here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As in, it's just a claim and it didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I saw that on zerohedge actually. It has been difficult to find anything else of substance. I cannot find any videos or images soooo yea..
not saying it did not happen, just that all we know is they attacked it. ADS may have successfully intercepted everything and the Yemeni side is just hyping up the fact they were bold enough to attack the vessel.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It's being reported here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As in, it's just a claim and it didn't happen.
It didn't happened is just your claim.
Daily Mail, the bastion of truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It seems the Houthis provide no actual evidence and US defense officials say it was a false report.

checkyourfact.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
IF it did happen .... and I don't know if it really did ... then the reason it's not on the news yesterday or today is because all the media are talking about is Donald Trump and his guilty verdict. The MSM is left wing and they are basking in it and droning on and on about it ... and the few right wing outlets are pounding the war drum for November over it calling Trump a 'political prisoner' and a victim of 'lawfare' ... both of which I agree with even though I can't stand Trump.

Edited to add .... the information coming in now that I'm looking around for it says that it's a false story. So that's also why it's not in the news.
edit on 6/1/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It would be impossible to hide a "successful" missile attack on a US aircraft carrier.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

No, but preferable to a claim by Houtthi rebels. Other sources are available.

Where's yours?

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Or the response?

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Regarding the controversy surrounding the Houthi strikes on the USS Dwight Eisenhower aircraft carrier.

1. There is an official statement from the Houthis about shelling and hits/hits.
2. There are statements from the United States that nothing landed on the aircraft carrier.
3. There are no photos/videos of the impact or the consequences of the arrival.
4. The footage distributed online has nothing to do with the aircraft carrier Dwight Eisenhower.
5. The Houthis are of course interested in promoting the topic of this attack, even if there was no arrival.
6. The United States, on the contrary, is interested in hiding the consequences of the arrival, even if it happened.
7. According to the current invoice, the question of whether it arrived or not is rather a question of faith in the statements of the Houthis and the United States.

We are waiting for the invoice.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

RT...what is the official Russian take on the validity of the 'successful Houthi missile attack' claim?

EDT...just noticed your post directly above.
edit on 1-6-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Or the response?

Yes....the response would've been massive.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The media is not silent:

duckduckgo.com... -on-us-aircraft-carrier-what-we-know%2Far-BB1nojqL&pn=1

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

RT...what is the official Russian take on the validity of the 'successful Houthi missile attack' claim?

EDT...just noticed your post directly above.

There is no official reaction from Russia yet. And it cannot happen until objective data about the defeat or its absence is received.
But the Russians have a proverb: “There is no smoke without fire.”

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

More to the point is, where is the evidence that it did happen?

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Maybe, but then some like to spread lies and propaganda?

I'll wait for some evidence of this claim.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Earlier on May 31, the Al Mayadeen TV channel, citing the Yemeni Ministry of Health, reported that at least 16 people were killed as a result of an airstrike by the United States and Great Britain on a radio station building in the Yemeni city of Hodeidah, controlled by Ansar Allah. In addition, another 30 people were injured. According to media reports, American and British troops carried out four raids on the Al-Khok area the night before and struck buildings at the Al-Salif radio station and port in the west of the country. The Yemeni Ministry of Health called these actions a war crime.

Prior to this, on May 29, Houthis from Ansar Allah attacked six commercial ships in the Red, Arabian and Mediterranean seas. Saria noted that three operations in the Red Sea were carried out using drones, anti-ship and ballistic missiles. In particular, the ship Laax was attacked and received significant damage. The ships Morea and Sealady were also attacked.

Earlier, on May 27, the Ansar Allah movement attacked two US Navy destroyers, as well as two commercial ships - Larego Desert and MSC Mechela - in the Indian Ocean. Another ship, the Minerva Lisa, was attacked in the Red Sea.

Even earlier, the Houthis announced the downing of 6 American MQ-9 Reaper drones. The downing of 4 Reapers was documented. At the same time, one was shot down by friendly fire from a German frigate, which then urgently left the Red Sea, and one Reaper was forcibly planted by the Houthis in the desert (photo).

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

"Photo"?

Source?

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Yemeni armed forces are usually pretty open with videos and images as they are proud to be fighting the great Satan. They have shown video of a shot down F-15, plentiful downed reaper drones, massive operations against the KSA and their armored stuff, when they landed and hijacked ships. One would think they would be proud to release and would have recorded a video of this symbolic attack.

My hypothesis is both sides are telling half truths. Yaya says they targeted the carrier, and then said accurate hits. DOD says false story no hit, but did not add that an attack was not launched, only that they were not hit. Therefore, my current conclusion is the carrier may in fact have been targeted and shot at, but these floating cities have very capable defense systems and I am thinking any incoming missiles were all intercepted not just by the carrier but probably initially by support vessels as well.

Yaya hypes up the operation as a success for domestic consumption, DOD plays it down, both sides save face and nobody got hurt. But at least weapons manufacturers on both sides made money that day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join