It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about the Jehovah Witness

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A Catholic told me a long time ago that darkness appeared at the death of Jesus because light can't exist without the three persons of the Trinity. Is this a unique theory to one Catholic or is this a common belief?

This would be very interesting to hear from a scientific point of view in relation to a star's physical operation.

posted on Jun, 19 2024 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

How deep do you want to go? You’re trying to slip around John 1. Address it, it’s in the Bible and you claim to be a Bible student. Is the Bible inspired by God? If so, John is as correct as any other gospel isn’t it?

posted on Jun, 19 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Already answered that, but it went over your head; so I have moved on, however you need to read the whole bible.
John 1:1 doesn't exist in a bubble or vacuum to define theological dogma.
Consider something in the very same Chapter John 1:18

No one ever saw God; the only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he himself has described him.

And just for fun I quoted this one from the Catholic Public Domain Version Bible

In this context, "bosom of the Father" signifies a position of deep affection, intimacy, and unity. It portrays the Son, Jesus Christ, as being in a very close and personal relationship with the Father, conveying the idea of being cherished and held dear. The imagery of the "bosom" reflects a place of love, security, and closeness, much like a child resting in the embrace of a parent. Indicating two separate beings.

posted on Jun, 19 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Colossians 2:9, which you quoted, should be enough corroboration for a reasonable, THINKING individual.

My approach to the bible is that any interpretation of a scripture MUST NOT be at odds with other scripture. The J Dubs interpretation of John 1:1 IS in contradiction with Col 2:9.

Revelation 22:18-19
King James Version

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

edit on 19-6-2024 by LocutusofBorg001 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

How deep do you want to go? You’re trying to slip around John 1. Address it, it’s in the Bible and you claim to be a Bible student. Is the Bible inspired by God? If so, John is as correct as any other gospel isn’t it?

Excellent point Top . . .

This was the book that ALL J Dubs used to argue their points . . their reply to EVERY argument was literally scripted for them by "The Society" (insert Trademark Emblem here ; sarcasm off) ) Back in the time when I was a JW (1950s - 1995 or so) this book, yes actual book, (the WTBTS prints very little any more . . all about the $$$)

Check out the chapter on the Trinity . . their arguments are verbatim. As I said in an earlier post, JWs are forbidden from thinking for themselves.

www.jw.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
... Indicating two separate beings.

You don't understand what The Holy Trinity is at all.

Yes ... Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit are separate ... and yet at the same time they are one God.

Like a three leaf clover. There are three separate leaves, yet they are all part of the same leaf and are made of the same substance.

Scripture is clear. God the Father is God; Jesus the Son is God; the Holy Spirit is God.

Separate, yet of the one God.

posted on Jun, 19 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You haven’t answered anything I have asked you in this whole thread. Nothing “went over my head”, I understand what you’re trying to do. You don’t answer my questions because you either can’t, or you’re not allowed to. Which is it?

Attempting to disprove what the Bible says by using scripture, is a fool’s errand. Some parts of that book you don’t like at all because you keep trying to change the intended meaning. It’s obvious. You deflect as much as possible when you get in a tight spot, why are you so afraid of honest questions? I’ve answered every question that was put to me here, I think that’s pretty easy for even you to see, that I have nothing to hide. How about you?

You mentioned in another post how all the Christian churches consider Arianism to be heretical, but forget to mention, that all the Christian churches consider JW beliefs and teachings to be heretical. You are not seen by anyone as Christian but yourselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Scripture is very clear on this issue. The only ones that seem to have a problem are JW. Christians accept the message of the Bible.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join