It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Storms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
My dad has lived there since the mid 60's right in the middle of the state, he laughs at every frantic worst season ever. Then points to years in his life time that either had higher frequency or worse storm.

Of course, global warming has been ocurring since long before the 1960s, so the storms that your Dad has experienced are likely a part of that changing cycle of weather patterns. And as recording goes on we can get a better idea of how those cycles are changing. I suppose the real question is, is how you live under those odds? Whether you can leave or if you have no choice but to stay. But, how many times do you rebuild before you realise that you're living the definition of madness?
edit on 27-5-2024 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

My dad since building his house has never had more than some minor damage to the shingles.

I like his odds.

you need to run the update on your talking points.

Global warminig is no longer acceptable its global climate change... and yes as long as this rock has circled the sun the climate has been changing and long after we are done it will continue right up to the point the sun goes nova and swallows the earth.

We cant stop the climate from changing thats laughable not without killing a lot of people, what we should be doing is adapting to the changes, but I guess thats not a big enough money maker.

posted on May, 28 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just can't catch a break....

posted on May, 28 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Global warming and climate change, terminologically speaking, are not mutually exclusive. They can be used interchangeably, but hold onto your seat, they can also be used in the same sentence. Shocking. I know.

Anyhow, semantic aside, I am really glad that your Dad does not fall into the demographic of those that I was refering to who have had their lives, literally torn up by a storm, and are probably wondering "should I stay or should I go". I also, like your Dad, have no concerns about my home being destroyed by a storm but that doesn't prevent me from observing that some people are quite legitimately concerned about such an eventuality and have indeed, repeatedly, experienced such an eventuality already.

It is going to be another very hot summer. People will die because of the heat. Just as people are dying because of flash floods and mud slides. At the other end of the spectrum Zambia, due to a lack of rainfall, is teetering towards famine. Adapting is exactly what we need to be doing and part of that adaptation means correcting a mistake we made a few hundred years ago when we started extracting and burning fossil fuels. If we don't do that, and we don't slow down the global warming, adaptation is no longer an option because the resources we need to sustain us won't be here because they are much less able to adapt and in places are already showing signs of collapse.

The Earth will though, as you point out, continue to turn without us, so there's that

posted on May, 29 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Once upon a time in Texas....

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Texas...again!

posted on May, 30 2024 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This guy always appears before floods and tornadoes...

SOAR LLC is a private company that provides cloud seeding services for the government.
www.just-clouds.com...

edit on 38053831pm312024Thu, 30 May 2024 23:38:04 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
More severe weather apparently....

posted on Jun, 4 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could get ugly...

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Stay safe!!

posted on Jun, 20 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As if the tornados and large hail wasn't enough in Texas....hurricane season looms.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've never even heard of a a "heat dome"...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join