It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Jesus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree the Ark Story would have been an impossibility given the variety and numbers of different species.

Unless you know, it was a Mothership with DNA samples.

edit on 4/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: ugh, I type too fast and spelling corrections as usual

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well, its construction is rather specific.

I'm going to go with computer says "No" where wooden motherships that incorporate transdimensional engineering are concerned.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Sorry, it was a tongue in cheek joke about those who think Jesus was an alien.

Raelism.
edit on 4/2/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

That begs the question where is Heaven located?

Because is sure as sh@t not down here on Earth by any sane person's guess.

I was lead to believe it's up the way, hence..........
edit on 2-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Sorry, it was a tongue in cheek joke about those who think Jesus was an alien.

Raelism.

Interesting about the alien subject matter being brought up, though perhaps not the aliens we talk about here on ATS (?):

Jesus tells James that he will undergo suffering but encourages him to not be afraid. Jesus reveals to James that he (James) will be seized and face three toll collectors who take away souls by theft. Jesus instructs James to respond to their questioning by declaring himself a son of the Pre-existent Father and from the Pre-existent One. James should also acknowledge that the alien things they ask about are not entirely alien but are from Achamoth, who is the female and mistress of those things. Jesus explains that Sophia is the mother of Achamoth and the source of the imperishable knowledge that will redeem James. Jesus identifies himself and all the sons of the Pre-existent One as known by the disciples and hidden within them. Jesus instructs James to hide these things within himself and to reveal them to Addai, who will write them down and eventually pass them to Levi and his two sons.

en.wikipedia.org...

One could be led down an alien conspiracy rabbit hole where believing Jesus to have knowledge of aliens vs. soul collectors (?) or just fall back on the existing biblical scripture where it states Jesus was born with the self-knowledge of the divine.
edit on q00000020430America/Chicago3131America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

This testamony you are sharing about Jesus speaking to James are starting to freak me out a little, as it's starting to have some parellels to some of my schizophrenic experiences as of late....but I'm trying not to dwell on them too much. Maybe there's something there, maybe not, I don't know.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Check your PM's.

Very interesting info in this thread so far, for someone not raised with organized religion.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

This testamony you are sharing about Jesus speaking to James are starting to freak me out a little, as it's starting to have some parellels to some of my schizophrenic experiences as of late....but I'm trying not to dwell on them too much. Maybe there's something there, maybe not, I don't know.

I mean really, don't freak out, who knows if Jesus did or didn't have schizophrenia or rather paranoia? It's all speculation without evidence.

The question of whether the historical Jesus was in good mental health has been explored by multiple psychologists, philosophers, historians, and writers. The first person, after several other attempts at tackling the subject, who broadly and thoroughly questioned the mental health of Jesus was French psychologist Charles Binet-Sanglé, the chief physician of Paris and author of a four-volume work La Folie de Jésus (The Madness of Jesus).[1][2] This view finds both supporters and opponents.

FOR:

And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for people were saying, "He is beside himself". And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Be-el′zebul, and by the prince of demons he casts out the demons".
— Mark 3:21–22, RSV

There was again a division among the Jews because of these words. Many of them said, "He has a demon, and he is mad; why listen to him?"
— John 10:19–20, RSV

Binet-Sanglé diagnosed Jesus as suffering from religious paranoia:[7][23]

In short, the nature of the hallucinations of Jesus, as they are described in the orthodox Gospels, permits us to conclude that the founder of Christian religion was afflicted with religious paranoia.
— (vol. 2, p. 393)

AGAINST:

A pathography of Jesus is possible only upon the basis of a lack of acquaintance with the course and conclusions of New Testament criticism and an amateur application of the principles of the science of psychiatry.
— (p. 268)

C. S. Lewis famously considered Jesus' mental health in what is known as Lewis's trilemma (the formulation quoted here is by John Duncan):

Christ either deceived mankind by conscious fraud, or He was Himself deluded and self-deceived, or He was Divine. There is no getting out of this trilemma. It is inexorable.

The agnostic atheist New Testament scholar Bart Ehrman wrote on his own blog:

And he may well have thought (I think he did think) that he would be made the messiah in the future kingdom. That may have been a rather exalted view of himself, but I don't think it makes Jesus crazy. It makes him an unusually confident apocalyptic prophet. There were others with visions of grandeur at the time. I don't think that makes him mentally ill. It makes him a first-century apocalyptic Jew.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on q00000034430America/Chicago3939America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Can't they coincide?

Example: You reincarnate, because you have a specific lesson you need to learn, for your souls growth.
You have free will, for your whole life as a human, as to how you learn that lesson? And maybe, for some reason as a wrong choice, you don't learn that lesson in your lifetime, and have to do it again?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Fact the Bible does not promote the ideology of reincarnation.

And the idea of such kind of diametrically opposed where the notion of salvation and heaven from a Christian perspective is concerned.

So with respect to the text in question(the Bible) I'm apt to conclude, no they cannot coincide.

Now where free will is concerned, the question of whether humans possess free will is one of the most debated topics in philosophy, psychology, and neuroscience, never mind various other fields.

Further study is required on that score methinks.

And the debate is an ongoing process that remains unresolved to this date.

This short video raises some interesting questions regarding free will if you have a spare 6.5 mins.
edit on 2-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I've had voices call me a "Christian Clarivoyant", which is false, I have no knowledge of future events and others who tried to claim I was a Saint, to which I begged them not to refer to me that way, as trust me, I am far from Holy.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I've had voices call me a "Christian Clarivoyant", which is false, I have no knowledge of future events and others who tried to claim I was a Saint, to which I begged them not to refer to me that way, as trust me, I am far from Holy.

Are you clairvoyant as that is not a symptom? Clairvoyance (to see clearly) does not necessarily mean you can see the future in the mind's eye, rather you can just rationalize future events clearly from input received.
edit on q00000007430America/Chicago0303America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

what I said was that Mary M. was a female leader

In what way was she a leader? Whom did she lead?

I hope you understand that these are reasonable questions.

As I understand it, the Magdalen, in the Gnostic conception, was a very close (close enough to snog) disciple of Jesus. But not, I think, any kind of apostle, even in the NH codexes. So, not a leader but a follower. Or perhaps an aspect of divinity herself, which would be another thing altogether.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

She could have been his wife.

After all a 30-year-old man not married back then would be questionable at the very least.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Ok, the rhyming is very annoying.
But I still believe in free will. Just because my subconscious makes most decisions instantaneously, I still have the option to think on a job offer for a day or two. (could go really deep on that, but won't)

The former is built in, I would think as a protective instinct, that we still have from thousands of years ago.

As for the bible, having not been raised in any church, I have been free to study and come to my own conclusions, which in turn lets me see some aspects of the religious teaches, as possibly misinterpreted.

Look at Heaven. Maybe reincarnation is the way in. Learning lessons to become a higher spiritual being, to get to heaven, AKA, not have to reincarnate again?
Just thinking out loud here.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Oh, absolutely. In fact there was a big scandal in the world of Biblical scholarship a few years ago when somebody claimed they'd found evidence in an ancient payrus (a mummy wrapping, no less) that proved Jesus had a wife.

All a con, of course...

The 'Jesus' wife' forgery & the scandal that engulfed Harvard

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

what I said was that Mary M. was a female leader

In what way was she a leader? Whom did she lead?

I hope you understand that these are reasonable questions.

As I understand it, the Magdalen, in the Gnostic conception, was a very close (close enough to snog) disciple of Jesus. But not, I think, any kind of apostle, even in the NH codexes. So, not a leader but a follower. Or perhaps an aspect of divinity herself, which would be another thing altogether.

This video explains Mary's importance quite well.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I would suppose rational discernment of predictive analysis might be synonyms for Clarivoyance then.

I mean, it's not hard to see where a lot of things might be heading, as trends and patterns in the rise and fall of empires are concerned.

But nothing is really written in stone.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I would suppose rational discernment of predictive analysis might be synonyms for Clarivoyance then.

I mean, it's not hard to see where a lot of things might be heading, as trends and patterns in the rise and fall of empires are concerned.

But nothing is really written in stone.

Absolutely, and doesn't it feel as if we (humanity) are still headed towards an apocalypse?
edit on q00000053430America/Chicago4444America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I've been focusing most of my attentions to the Homefront but I understand things are getting heated in Europe and the Middle East again....Jihad, Holy Wars, the threat of Russia using nukes.

It does say that that the world will be consumed by fire in the End Times.

I always though that meant when the sun becvame a Red Giant and swallowed the Earth, but Nuclear Annihilation isn't off the table.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join