It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the 81 million voters today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut
Doesn’t change what I’m telling you, keep your head in the sand and your deflectors up, don’t really care to beat your dead horse anymore.

Yes, I'll keep just looking at things there in the US from my safe distance in another country (you do realize that I have no association with, and will never vote for, every single US politician or party). I'm just an outside observer.

And you do you. You have a disability, and Trump cut funding for the disabled as part of his 'economic miracle', and now the economy has gotten harder and you are now struggling because there's no way for you to meet current prices, because your income is frozen to levels set back during the early Trump administration. And you are going to vote for him again.

Beating yourself to death would be such a relief.

For someone that can’t vote here and says they’re just watching, Trump sure owns you, you just can’t hardly get through a post without Trump this Trump that.

….and AGAIN you’re lying and spreading misinformation. Trump didn’t cut mine or anyone else’s disability, just asked my roommate if Trump cut his disability he said…nope. The cut was proposed for eligibility of disability requirements because a lot of people are scamming or trying to scam the system, that never went through. So, NO what you’re saying is 100% BS.

Trump cut funding for the disabled as part of his 'economic miracle', and now the economy has gotten harder and you are now struggling because there's no way for you to meet current prices, because your income is frozen to levels set back during the early Trump administration. And you are going to vote for him again.

And this is another lie from you. Things got harder because # for brains (the guy you keep defending) caused inflation the second he was in office.

How could Biden possibly do that?

The economy takes ages to churn and the President has no real power over the final budget, anyway, that's Congress who approve and determine spending.

When the current President was inaugurated, the proposed budget before Congress was Trump's, who was still trying in 2020 to push through cuts that would have affected the disabled.

Trump said he wouldn’t cut Medicaid, Social Security, and Medicare. His 2020 budget cuts all 3..

All this 'instant' stuff is infeasible BS.

It wasn’t because of Trump that’s just more made up crap from you. My disability rate isn’t frozen either, I’ve received a “cost of living adjustment” COLA for the last two years, it’s not much but not frozen as your trying to claim.

If the COLA reflected cost of living, what are you complaining about?

Jesus H Christ, literally everything you said in your post was a straight up lie and poppycock, everything. Are you just making # up until you start believing your own lies and start thinking it’s true??? I realize US politics are tough for some but…my gosh, you’re really embarrassing yourself at this point.

And you are going to vote for him again.

I never have voted for Trump nor did I vote for Biden, not even a registered Republican but nice assumption AGAIN🙄

So, why are you defending Trump, and blaming Biden for stuff the was well underway before he assumed office?

Also, why have all other countries experienced the same recession? Is Biden their President, too?

And, with Trump's cuts to disabilities budgets, how exactly would he have determined who was rorting the system?

I mean, everything is all currently means tested, and medically documented, anyway. Are there going to be different staff from different government departments doing different things in regard to weeding out the cheats?

You see, Trump and the administration is incapable of identifying these cheats (if they exist). But what he does have is a plan for budgetary cuts - definite figure targets. In August 2020, that figure was $2.6 billion, which was cut, leaving the Social Security Administration to figure out who's payments to cut.

It starts with a letter about a “continuing disability review” and then there is an audit. Remember that in the decision about the outcome of that audit, that there is already a fixed pre-determined budgetary shortfall dollar amount to cover. This isn't about the beneficiaries. Also, due to a 2017 ruling (another Trump legacy) the Social Security Administration can ignore proof of disability submitted by your doctor in coming to their decision.

If they decide you no longer 'fit the criteria', your benefit is cut - cold - no reduction, no tapered off payments, no grace period, and no real chance of appeal.

If the person does not respond to the “continuing disability review” letter, their benefit is cut by default.

As of December 19, 2019, there had been 2.9 million of these review letters sent out. Very very few of the recipients of the letters had legal counsel representing them through the process. Also. there hasn't been any notice of budgetary overspend, so I'd assume that the SSA met their $2.6 billion target.

Additionally, since November 2019, the SSI has been capped at 74% of the Federal level of poverty. Yes, it is indexed (via COLA), but it was at the outset frozen to below an acceptably sustainable level.

edit on 2024-02-07T20:43:13-06:0008Wed, 07 Feb 2024 20:43:13 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Because it didn’t increase anywhere near the rate of inflation, the COLA increase is a joke. Disability is peanuts, you’re pretty much destitute. I’d be homeless in a lot of Cities.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Because it didn’t increase anywhere near the rate of inflation, the COLA increase is a joke. Disability is peanuts, you’re pretty much destitute. I’d be homeless in a lot of Cities.

Well, it couldn't, because in December 19, 2019, the SSI for the following year (2020) was capped at 74% of the 2019 Federal poverty threshold.

In 2021-22, cost of living was rising significantly and they adjusted an inadequate and already one year out of date threshold, but as its starting point was already inadequate, and it was always indexed to the previous years values, and costs in general never retrograde, it could never become adequate, and will also become a little worse every year it runs based upon those set parameters.

And who was in government in 2019, when these factors were set and when they also cut that $2.6 billion from the Social Security budget?

edit on 2024-02-08T03:41:28-06:0003Thu, 08 Feb 2024 03:41:28 -060002am00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Well, it couldn't, because in December 19, 2019, the SSI for the following year (2020) was capped at 74% of the 2019 Federal poverty threshold.

In 2021-22, cost of living was rising significantly and they adjusted an inadequate and already one year out of date threshold, but as its starting point was already inadequate, and it was always indexed to the previous years values, and costs in general never retrograde, it could never become adequate, and will also become a little worse every year it runs based upon those set parameters.

And who was in government in 2019, when these factors were set and when they also cut that $2.6 billion from the Social Security budget?

Chro, you have zero clue you’re talking about. SSI is not the same as SSDI or SS, SSI is a entitlement program disability is not. Do yourself a favor, maybe stop with the google, copy and paste bs and trying to twist it into some self interpretation of what you think it is and how it affects my personal situation. You’re conflating different programs together that are NOT the same with situations that are not the same. I have nothing to do with SSI. I’m also certain that mixing in your own words with text from other sources to present them as your own is against T&C. Not to mention you’re confusing yourself and getting it all wrong.

We all get it, you hate trump and will say anything to try and paint him on a bad light but you think Biden is the cats meow, newsflash kiwi, he’s not, his policies are destroying this country in rapid time. Who do you think is paying for all the illegals housing, food, clothing, medical and education? It’s not them, that haven’t contributed one red frigg’n cent to this country, yet potato head is allowing them to bankrupt cities and bleed them of all their social benefits and welfare programs all on citizens dime. It’s pathetic, but anyways……

I’m going say this one last time slowly. Biden and his policies is what has affected me and everyone else in this country in a extremely negative way, every citizen in this country had more money in their wallets and was doing better under Trump, EVERYONE, period, full stop. Stop trying to make that into something it’s not with your verbal gymnastics that show you have NO real knowledge on the subject. Stick to your kiwi politics.
edit on 8-2-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join