It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Grid goes down who is surviving?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Spot on.

I made a reply to a comment on YouTube a few years ago. The comment was really dumb, something about people in the country would be screwed but the cities would be fine if the power went down and how the cities didn't need the country.

I couldn't believe the comment and my reply was that the cities need the country a lot more than the country needs the city. I think I got a like 20 something thumbs down. But I laughed at it. As well as the dumb clucks who actually believed the original comment.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
a reply to: JAGStorm

Grid down for what....a month, 6 months, a year? Location plays a big role. As well as timing. Winters in northern areas can be quite devastating. And if you don't have a wood stove AND access to wood, you're screwed. All that food prepping won't mean a whole heck of a lot if it's frozen solid. And if it's dehydrated, you need water to hydrate it if you can't palate it in it's dry form. But you need water to drink. Frozen water is difficult to swallow lol. A wood stove would solve a lot of issues. Even a small rocket stove which are affordable, burn small branches and pieces of wood and give off a ton of heat, are very affordable and easy to craft yourself if one so desires. You can make them in any size, from a soup can to garbage can, so that's pretty cool.

My family was caught in an ice storm for 2 weeks during the middle of winter in Upstate New York, no electricity.
No fireplace, no fire.
We survived, but my dad and I are survivalists.
We filled hot water bottles and milk jugs with water and placed those around us. We all stayed in one room and we all cuddled and conserved energy. Lots and lots of blankets. Food was cooked on small camp stove. People did die but mostly because they went outside.

The worst thing for us was boredom.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just have to say, I admire you very much for your 'can-do' attitude - also your green thumb!!

I live in the suburbs, and though I putter about in my yard, I'm hopeless at 'intentionally' growing things...

My one 'gardening' success, completely useless to survival needs, was when I accidentally took on a hobby which involves caterpillar wrangling and butterfly midwifery...

You might well ask, "How does anyone 'accidentally' start raising Monarch butterflies?"....it's a longish and likely boring story, so I will get back on topic with my instinctive response to the question in the thread title:

"If the Grid goes down"....do I even want to survive? Short answer: probably not

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If I HAVE To , I Will Eat You ALL to Survive , Sorry..........(

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'll hear about it on the news and the only thing it will effect in my life is I will have to start rationing chocolate, cinnamon and pepper.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Those who are prepared for it and have a like minded group that they are a part of will do the best.

I happen to be prepared and happen to have such a group. We have a secluded spot or 5 picked out to meet at when it all goes down. Form our community. Lots of ammo for guns and I mean lots of ammo. A very good understanding for building structures and engineering to apply. The group is well supported with folks who know a lot as a group and can survive.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Ummm...I am...I'm surviving...the rest of yall...not so much...

I've got hundreds of DVD's and multiple players...in case the streaming video sites cease streaming...

I've got hundreds of video games and every generation of game players since pong...

I also have the where with all...to generate electricity...

I might remember where all my boomsticks and peashooters may have fallen into the lake...during that ahhh...unfortunate boating accident...to include all those thousands of rounds...and shells...

I just might also have the materials and where with all to set up an aquaponics extension to my greenhouse...

Tasty...

I also may have...tens of thousands of heirloom variety seeds packed away...maybe might...

I also may have the means to produce medicinal...ahem...ethanol...for medicinal purposes...possibly...maybe...

Sooo...if TSHTF...then Movie night is at YouSir's...bring something to barter...cause...medicinal...

YouSir
edit on 12-12-2023 by YouSir because: Too many the's...spoil the sentence...

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Barter....make sure you have things people want not need....

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I dub thee Duke of area 4

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'll bring butter and popcorn.

I hope you don't shoot first....

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Ummm...damned straight...I'm nursing some medicinal blueberry and maple whiskey as I type...

Cause I want to...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If the grid went down in reality, we would fix it. We built it, we would fix it. I don't think by the "flip of a switch" we would be thrown into the stone ages overnight.

The other thing, if domestic terrorists or foreign terrorists did this, what would they do to survive? They would destroy their access to the grid too.

There's got to be so many "grids" all over the US, probably 10,000+? No way those would go down all at once at the same time.

If one States' grid went down, hopefully the government responds fast! Hard to say when multiple states have experienced massive water contamination and others rolling blackouts, with delayed or zero government response.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...damned straight...I'm nursing some medicinal blueberry and maple whiskey as I type...

Cause I want to...

YouSir

Well I could Make due with some Everclear and some Food Dyes if Need be Before I eat You All to Survive ...*)

link   

The old Russian lady who smokes a cigar with a shot of vodka everyday will outlive the Starbucks.McDonalds Karen that is in the wild today.

If you know, you can live. If you don't, well, you should have learned. Basic things.

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I dub thee Duke of area 4

Ummm...heretofor...let it be known that I have thus been dubbed...

Duke 4 a day...

And so it was recorded in the annuls of Area 4 and the name YouSir...was added to the Jareeba line...

(Sorry Alan)

Frenemy mine...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ummm...never shoot the gift person in the...

Genitals...

Besides...Popcorn...is...brain food...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: nugget1

The best people could hope for is FEMA camps, bread lines and blankets.

Never

Sorry...I forgot *sarc/

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: YouSir

Cause I want to...

YouSir

Well I could Make due with some Everclear and some Food Dyes if Need be Before I eat You All to Survive ...*)

Ummm...I'm thinking you may need to pour that...on the long pork...or maybe just marinate it for a week or three...

before consumption...

Remember...when making junkyard punch...the alcohol lives in the fruit at the bottom of the punch bowl...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The old Russian lady who smokes a cigar with a shot of vodka everyday will outlive the Starbucks.McDonalds Karen that is in the wild today.

If you know, you can live. If you don't, well, you should have learned. Basic things.

Ummm...absolutely...cause when you've just been bitten by the two step viper...You prolly shouldn't be consulting the Mother Jones catalog for a how to...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I have a 5 or 6 year supply of soy sauce, that has to be worth something…give a little flavor to some squirrel 🤣

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join