It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supreme Court of Russia declared the LGBT movement extremist and banned it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: FlyersFan

Muslims make up 20% of Russia's population. Islam is one of the traditional religions in Russia. We have been living together for centuries and have not made any distinctions for a long time. Any Russian Muslim in the trenches considers himself Russian. This phenomenon is now possible only in Russia.

No surprise.

Religion is about control.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

"Vox pópuli vox Déi" - isn't this the principle in the USA? Although I strongly disagree with this.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Control is a bandit with a Colt to your head when you don't have a Colt.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"Vox pópuli vox Déi" - isn't this the principle in the USA? Although I strongly disagree with this.

Having a voice and casting it into dictation are two separate things.

People could have a majority opinion, but it would be incredibly hard to have that supersede the core rights of the constitution.

51% majority here can’t change core tenets. And that’s a good thing as our mass is fickle and often chases fads.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adlow75yo
a reply to: RussianTroll

Good job for them. To bad we didnt do that over here in the states.

They didn't ban the "Q".

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How is your blind faith in the Constitution (the creation of men) better than my faith in God?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

How is your blind faith in the Constitution (the creation of men) better than my faith in God?

Because you and I may disagree on who or what is God, and my constitution gives me the right to not only disagree with you, but also live my life differently if I wish.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Believe me, God doesn't care what you think about him. He is God))))

And this is HIM, not she, not it and not (I don’t know what else you can come up with)
edit on 30-11-2023 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

As an old history buff, you surely know how the Nazis treated transvestites, homosexuals, etc.? These people in Russia can at least be happy that they are not sent to concentration camps, they are just cancelled. You can be proud of the fact that you have so much in common with the Nazis. What about the Nazis in Ukraine? Is it still the reason for the attack or was it because the west is moraly rotten?

Speaking of interference in private life, this law has already come into force: The law will prohibit queer people in Russia from changing their gender entry in official documents in future. Trans people will no longer have access to hormone treatment or gender reassignment surgery. Exceptions are only made for intersex people, which according to Russia is a "congenital anomaly".

Who is rotten here by the way? And who is actually behaving like the Nazis here?

Tarkowski also had to struggle with censorship, I wonder what he would say about this decision?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Believe me, God doesn't care what you think about him. He is God))))

And this is HIM, not she, not it and not (I don’t know what else you can come up with)

Your conviction to God would be protected over here, Russia hasn’t always had the same promise.

Also, while I defend the rights of people and their belief in god, they haven’t always reciprocated the same charity.

How many times have people killed in the name of God? How often is that happening now?

The constitution is a fail safe, it says you have the right to believe in whatever iteration you want so long as you don’t infringe on others to do so.

And if someone gets it wrong with the god they choose, I suppose that’s between them and “the real God”, not us mortals. The Christian God allows for free will, so I don’t see why men should be any different.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: malte86

Nazism is forcing young children to surgically change their gender, against the wishes of their parents, and forcing parents at gunpoint (the law) to think that this is happy for their children.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Nazism is forcing young children to surgically change their gender, against the wishes of their parents, and forcing parents at gunpoint (the law) to think that this is happy for their children.

how many people do you think identify as trans? in the usa it's 0.5 per cent, i think that's in line with european countries. a minority that's quite loud, that's true, but certainly not a threat to world peace or the continuity of humanity - unlike terrorist states or half-dictatorships like russia.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

There is a huge difference between sincerely believing in God and thinking because of your own pride that you are acting on behalf of God.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There is a huge difference between sincerely believing in God and thinking because of your own pride that you are acting on behalf of God.

And humans being human often can’t tell the difference and act under the conviction of their dogma anyways… hence failsafes.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If, in your opinion, 0.5% of the population absolutely dictate their will to 99.05% of the rest of the population, then what kind of US Constitution can we talk about?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

In Russia there is a proverb about this: “Either take off the cross from your neck, or put on your panties.”

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

In Russia there is a proverb about this: “Either take off the cross from your neck, or put on your panties.”

Must be new,

Pre 90’s I believe it was:

“Take off the cross from your neck, and put on the hammer sickle”

That’s what freedom of religion is so important. If you begin to pick and choose, the masses can decide for all.

It’s all or nothing man, either everyone gets to pick whatever they wish or it gets decided for us.

I’m not worried about others’ salvation. That’s for them.

Also, a lot of sin is judged the same in the eyes of the Christian God. I wonder if he sees someone who chooses to be gay throughout their life and someone who chooses to constantly judge other people the same… both are sins.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Alas, in the discussion you are beginning to slide into primitive propaganda from the Cold Wave era. The world has changed a long time ago, my friend)))))

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Alas, in the discussion you are beginning to slide into primitive propaganda from the Cold Wave era. The world has changed a long time ago, my friend)))))

That it has, and it can again. But is it not relevant? My point was if you don’t make it a core tenant to protect the right to religion you can lose it, and it can’t just be for one, or the masses will prevail.

And if you want to govern based on religion, shouldn’t there be as much focus on charging interest as people’s sexuality? One affects everyone and the other is an incredibly small percentage. If you govern off religion you can’t pick and choose.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yes, the world has accepted that people are born different -- including sexual orientation.

You're going backwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join