It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble at the Cenotaph in London - More than 80 Protesters Arrested

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I need to stay local Ray I've got my boy going to high school next year with his pals and my girl is at college.

I don't have the option to shift cities or from one side to the other, plus I'm getting too old for it at this age, constantly moving every half decade when the housing market decides to go daft.

I'm shifting buddy, and have applied to 3 different housing associations in the area, and surrounding areas yesterday.

Pretty much resigned to the fact that it will have to be social housing down to the increase in rent.

But who the hell can afford to pay nearly £1000 a month for a house???!!!

The fact is, it's a # indeed and there are literally 100,000s of people in the same boat.

Here is the real kicker, the exact same thing is happening to my mother who will also be served a section 33 notice come January.

The poor woman is nearly 70 and only lost my dad last year.

You're correct all the same, i do have a modicum of time which will hopefully be fruitful and produce some options before April comes.

Cheers for the support through, ile come up will something, don't have any other option.
edit on 15-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So I see Carpy's favpourite Labour Party Lady, Dianne Abbot was tweeting a pic of a guy with a swastika on his arm in an attempt to tar all those at the cenotaph this weekend as Nazis....True to form it was a pic from 2016.
From the Express

I absolutely cannot vote tory in the next election, but I am not able to be the turkey voting for Christmas and give my vote to a party that hates me, based on my heritage and skin colour.

So a spoiled ballot or an independent it will be then.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

There's only one option:
None of the Above.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah sad to say thats gotta be it

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'd be willing to hold my nose and give Starmer a chance but I suspect the old far Left are waiting in the wings.

Independent for me if there is one or it's a spoiled ballot.

Guess what I will be drawing a crude picture of?

Dianne ...Quick Nurse! The screens!

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Just to get rid of the Tories i will vote Labour.

I understand they are all a shower a fidlam bens on both sides of the political aisle and that politics is as bent as a £3 note in the UK.

The way I'm looking at through, it is voting Labour is simply the lesser of two evils.

I don't imagine Labour will be able to fix the mess the nation is in much or realistically be able to halt or reverse the current situation in the immediate future.

But i do understand that the Tories have to go, and that another turn under the Tory wheel will sink this nation even further into austerity and oblivion while their kind gets richer at the expense of everyone else.

Just my two cents all the same, and not that it will change much.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2 I am not even sure they are far left anymore, the blody Blairites are monsters about all this kinda stuff.

a reply to: andy06shake I'd vvote for the devil if he would promise not another tory government at this stage.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Corbyn, McDonnell and......her....are still lurking in the wings.

As are others.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Oh, dear.....

BBC News - Keir Starmer suffers major Labour rebellion over Gaza ceasefire vote
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I will be thinking of you.

Very best wishes.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear about your mother too, that sucks

Try and get yourself priority banding if you haven't already. In England that'll be done via the council who usually have access to private landlords too who adhere to social rent guidelines. From what I gather after a brief look is you'd qualify for band C and probably G which would be the council nominating on your behalf with the likes of private landlords.

Best if luck, pm me if there's anything I can help with although I reckon you'll manage

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I'm sorry to hear about your mother too, that sucks

Cheers RAY1990.

Talk about sods law as well.

She has been made high priority with the housing same as my own little brood.

They are stressing however, down to the number of applications(1000s alone with just the association in the last mouth) and private tenancies, where the landlords have chosen to sell up because of the current housing predicament and mortgage rates, that they cannot guarantee me a house or flat before or come April.

And still no luck in the private sector where the average cost for accommodation in the area in £950pcm and believe it or not expected to rise.

Nothing can be done really but sit and wait and hope the First Minister chooses to extend the eviction ban past 31 March 2024 down to the current housing crisis, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath.
edit on 21-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I agreea reply to: gortex

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Private renters will see a 30% increase next year apparently, I think timing wise that'll line up with the end of your deadline. I'm in the process of looking to move and in my area it's 500 applications on average I'd say.

Because of your housing needs they'd have to put you up somewhere if that date passes and they haven't found anywhere, I've known a couple of people who had to be put up in hotels, usually the high priority banding is time sensitive and if it passes they're obligated to assist you more intensively. Fingers crossed it doesn't get that far!

The majority applying won't be high priority, realistically you're probably only competing with 10-20% of applicants. Still a high number though...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join