It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble at the Cenotaph in London - More than 80 Protesters Arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Today there's a mass protest happening in London in support of the Palestinian People suffering in Gaza and the West Bank , our Failing Home Secretary Suella Braverman called the march a "Hate March" and subsequently had a falling out with the Met police who had allowed it to take place because of "Free Speech" and the "Right to Protest"... concepts that see alien to this authoritarian government.

As it's Armistice Day the Pro Palestine protesters had no intention of going to the Cenotaph , it's currently proceeding peacefully elsewhere but Tommy Robinson and his football hooligan mates decided they would go to the Cenotaph , on Armistice Day , to show how British they are and give their solidarity and respect to the fallen war veterans by fighting with the police who were there to protect the monument from the people who weren't going there.

So far over 80 of Britain's finest Muppets have been arrested after they respectfully fought with police before commemorations took place and the 2 minute silence was observed at 11am , how very respectful , meanwhile in a different part of town over 300,000 peaceful protesters marched without hate to make their point the right way

Warning , this video contains Idiots.

Makes you proud to be British.

Sunak and Braverman are a disgrace to this country.
edit on 11-11-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

lol that's fun.

Don't worry it is not a 'British' thing it is humans in general: Guano Sapiens, Bat# crazy 'wisemen'

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

I guess that's why they were there , a pint , a pie and a fight .... it's a British pastime.

Kinda disrespectful on Armistice day though,

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well, the more the merrier... up to 92 arrests announced a minute ago.

I wouldn't even define them animals, as animals command much more respect and served better than those cretins.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Tommy Robinson (not his real name) and his neo Nazis are a British disease.

The march itself was peaceful and respectful.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

“Well, the more the merrier... up to 92 arrests announced a minute ago.”

I wonder what the under/over is for todays virtue signalfest. Anybody know the odds?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Credit due to the Pro-Palestine/Pro-Ceasefire march for a respectful, peaceful protest and to police containing the counter-protestors effectively.

As usual EDL and far-right groups have made complete tits of themselves by thinking getting coked up, throwing bottles near the cenotaph just before the silence and attempting to attack peaceful protests is how to respect Armistice Day.

Braverman is rightfully facing the sack and both barrels from politicians, police and armed forces for her rhetoric and blatant attempt to try and undermine the impartiality of police and democratic rights/freedom to protest.
edit on 11-11-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Agreed. It's what TR and his fellow morons do.

Just neo Nazi football hooligans and racist troublemakers.

Hope they get prison.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Well there's a batch of bad optics for the hoolies.
Good thread anyway, tex. What a time to be alive,
we never know when the other pops in now.
[/r]
I've luckily practiced soldiering over here since old
enough to wrangle a polyethylene Sten. How old
are we NOW? Just the same I'm grieving the loss of
so much young innocence with this evil; and the
results have painfully shown for generations. [r/]
I wax poetic with the elan of a Kimodo Dragon w/Shingles.
Enough

Everyone should be sure by now which side Rishi's
muffin is buttered on. Problem Is, he's landed that
side down since he walked into the parlor. Accident?

edit on 11/11/2023 by derfreebie because: Just slide a thread that deserves it, Dave. Sick puppy.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Braverman is a nasty piece of work.

If Sunak had a spine he'd sack her.

He hasn't.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I watched it on a live stream whole lot of people I woldnt hang out down the pub with thats for sure.

Trouble is, the haters are all gonna run with this now, therre were plenty of vets turned up incase anyone went after the cenotaph but all we see in the news is about mr "Not his real name" and his mates.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here's a bird's eye view of the scale of today's demonstration , estimated at 750,000 people.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Totally hah ... ironic.

That is indeed very 'un-Armistice-ful' type behavior.

But yeah, don't let that get you or anyone down.

The whole world is wtf-ville currently ....
edit on 11-11-2023 by Fowlerstoad because: tiny edit for clarity

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just got back from London.

What a crock of #e people are saying and as for the blatantly agenda driven MSM.....SHAMEFUL.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Just got back from London.

What a crock of #e people are saying and as for the blatantly agenda driven MSM.....SHAMEFUL.

Glad you got back ok man

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Makes you proud to be British.

Sunak and Braverman are a disgrace to this country.

I'm proud of the British people. So many people gathering for a demonstration of peace when so many propagandists demonstrating for violence.

There are so many more people in the world who just want peace and are willing to allow it, than those who would do violence.

Good show! Cheers!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Predictable, this was highly predictable.

Yet our home secretary couldn't see it with her infinite impartial wisdom. Honestly? I hope she's held accountable instead of a mere dismissal. I'd imagine the English Dunce League was going to show up anyways but couldn't it be construed that Braverman's comments emboldened their tiny little minds.

I bet they figured they were doing something heroic...

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Shoulder to shoulder with Corbyn and McDonnell, were you?!🤔😉😜

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I was looking for your lass but I didn't see her!

So much I could say, but can't be arsed with the predictable and relentless denial from certain quarters.
I know what I saw and witnessed, I know the conversations I had with people but that will count for nothing with far too many who just want to believe what they believe regardless of first hand testament.

My only comment is that MSM reporting is a massive distortion.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I was watching British SkyNews and is it true the right wing group started congregating outside (from inside to outside?) of a pub near Whitehall? If so then they were alcohol-fuelled to begin with and another right winger was arrested for carrying a controlled substance, ?, was he handing it out for an little extra drug-fueled courage?
edit on q000000271130America/Chicago2222America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join