It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble at the Cenotaph in London - More than 80 Protesters Arrested

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: quintessentone

So, this French march is a Bad Thing?

I found it quite heartening.

This is why the left did not attend.

Almost simultaneously came a rejoinder from their counterpart on the far left, Jean-Luc Mélenchon, irascible leader of France Unbowed (LFI). His party would not be attending, he tweeted, because the march was a "rendezvous for unconditional supporters of the massacre [of Gazans]"

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Odd.

I thought it was a march against anti semitism?

A Bad Thing?

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

From that BBC source:

"And on the far left there are signs of division around Jean-Luc Mélenchon, whose prickly personality and autocratic methods are driving some colleagues to exasperation. This week one senior lieutenant, Raquel Garrido, was given a four-month suspension as party spokeswoman for challenging the leader's line - not least on Hamas. "

Oh dear. A politician suspended for their opinion?

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Meanwhile, dignified and respectful which we Brits do best.

Lest we forget:

BBC News - Armistice Day silence marked around the UK
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The far Left did not attend because their party leader is an irascible old bigot whose party is overrun by Muslim immigrants.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting; as far as France can be seen as a microcosm of the world; it would seem the left has gone too far showing signs of its bigotry and now the world is pushing back the other way.

Giving cover to terrorists seems to be an odd hill to die on; but I can certainly understand how standing up for the pore palestinians caught in the middle could be a perplexing situation to navigate.
edit on 12-11-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Odd.

I thought it was a march against anti semitism?

A Bad Thing?

Not odd you would think that.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The rumours were correct, Braverman has been sacked.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

A case of the idiotic leading the incompetent this government isnt it?

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Apparently she'd been wanting to be sacked for a while as she's so bat# mental she thinks she's going to be the next PM.

Cameron has been appointed Foreign Sec in the reshuffle which highlights just how desperate the government are and completely out of any ideas.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Apparently she'd been wanting to be sacked for a while as she's so bat# mental she thinks she's going to be the next PM.

Cameron has been appointed Foreign Sec in the reshuffle which highlights just how desperate the government are and completely out of any ideas.

Yeah read plenty on twitter about the right of the tory party getting behind her for leader.
Strangely about Priti too though I found nothing concrete, just her name plastered all over.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I think bringing Cameron in shows just how weak Sunak is and how little talent the Tories have available , also with Cleverly being appointed as Home Sec his need to hold on to his supporters and keep them close.

Personally I don't see Sunday lasting beyond Spring, the guy is unelectable they won't want to take him into the next election.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But, but.......People with disabilities and farm yard animals love him.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Proper lame duck, but the Tories aren't gonna be able to turn this ship around, they are out as far as I can see. It just falls to Labour to see how unelectable they can make themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

As the saying goes:

"You can't polish a turd".

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, too.

Labour will probably screw up their chances as the swivel eyed far Left come out of the woodwork.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

PM for you mate.

Things are looking up - Cameron's back.
Just in time to revel in all the benefit cuts and the demonisation of the poor and needy in our country as a deliberate distraction to the multitude of REAL problems this country faces.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse!

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think they are just getting started buddy.

It's a sh@t show of epic proportions.

And by the looks of things only going to get worse.

Seems to me the Tories, or at least the current administration, never mind subsequent administrations, don't care about the real problems the masses and the nation faces but would rather blame the poor for their ""lifestyle choices"".

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It was pointed out to me some time ago that mythbusters actually did polish a turd!

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Since the Home Secretary resigned can the rest of the cabinet do the same and then go into exile? Preferably somewhere nice of course. Somewhere befitting of their service & stations. Like Ukraine, Gaza or Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Swindon?

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join