It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble at the Cenotaph in London - More than 80 Protesters Arrested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Without a doubt.
Austerity II.

They'll take us back to The Victorian times with all its inequalities and injustices one way or another.

Wonder what odds we'll get on Gideon getting the call next?

edit on 13/11/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

They'll take us back to The Victorian times with all its inequalities and injustices one way or another.

I really hope not, I'm out on my arse come April because the landlord is selling up.

Apparently, his mortgages have tripled and he's selling all his properties and moving on.

Canny even afford to get another private let with rents soaring to £850/950pcm in the area.

So 2024 should be an interesting year for our wee family. LoL

Wonder what odds we'll get on Gideon get the call next?

Who even knows anymore?

Its just completely unpalatable and leaves a bitter taste in the mouth to be honest.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

That's a somewhat myopic and insular viewpoint.....I was thinking of somewhere like Hartlepool or even Smogsville.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh..Andy?

My heart goes out to you.

Don't know about Scottish law.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Have you been to Swindon?

It's all string vests, stubble, tattoos and beer guts.

And that's just the women....

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Its #ing criminal mate, I know its something of an empty gesture but I feel so sorry for you.
And I really can't see things looking up any time soon.

We've been well and truly done over.
I wonder how all those Red Wall voters who bought the Levelling Up lie feel now.

There's a much lauded new estate right next to where I live.
It was built allegedly to meet the towns urgent housing requirements.
A top of my head guestimate would be that close to 20% are now up for sale because the people who bought them can't afford the mortgages.
Where are they going to move to?
There's no council houses anymore and as you say, private letting has gone through the roof. Possibly more so than mortgages.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Have you been to Smogsville?
That's designer clobber you're describing there compared to what's in vogue on Teesside.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I would prefer S#horpe personally If it has to be domestic.

Edit: lmao the old S#horpe censorship strikes again! Poor place. Not so bad really.
edit on 13112023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Where is Smogsville?

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Middlesbrough/Teesside.

You never heard the term 'Smoggy'?

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Two weans and a Mrs in tow as well buddy, ill come up with something, bloody have to.

Scratching my head as to how to do it all the same, and at 48 it's just beginning to get to me.

Might need to try the housing associations as the rent for a private let as i have said is just simply untenable.

Who the feck can afford to pay £950pcm???!!!

Those are bloody London or New York prices.

I'm hard-pushed to understand what to do next, to be honest, or how im going to pull a miracle out my arse this time around.

Anyhoo 5 months to come up with a plan.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

My understanding is a Section 33 notice gets you one month's notice if that's how the landlord wishes to play it Oldcarpy2 under Scottish law and we do not have any squatter's rights.

Luckily my one is not a complete and utter bastard so like I said 5 months.

Ile come up with something.
edit on 13-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Two friends of mine have a fairly dire two-bedroom flat above a communal laundry somewhere on the outskirts of London. Can't remember where exactly but it wasn't a great area.

They pay £1400 pcm. Each.

Rents are outrageous all over.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Each???!!!

All i can say to that is gulp.

I mean that's more than outrageous, it's bloody criminal if you think about it.

First, it was people canny afford to eat properly, and now they can't even afford to put a roof above their heads.

Where do we get food banks that do houses, would seem to be the sixty-four million dollar question???

edit on 13-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   

If you'd like to stay local it'll be worth applying for local housing, depending where you live you'll be given priority banding or points which will move you up the register and give you more bidding options.

It's a # show everywhere tbh and I'm sorry this is happening to you. On the bright side you've got time and potentially options, best of luck Andy.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Just got back from London.

What a crock of #e people are saying and as for the blatantly agenda driven MSM.....SHAMEFUL.

Would you please enlighten us on what you saw. Surely you can find something online that you can use to back your story up if you look hard enough.

I'm quite certain I'm not the only one who would like to know any details about the complete media wash out on that demonstration.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: VermiIion
a reply to: Encia22

“Well, the more the merrier... up to 92 arrests announced a minute ago.”

I wonder what the under/over is for todays virtue signalfest. Anybody know the odds?

Those arrested at the monument are obviously agent provocateurs. Why would an otherwise peaceful demonstration have a tiny splinter break off route and attack a monument?

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

Here's an example , police are asking for help identifying protesters holding 'hate crime' placards , I particularly find the one that show Sunak and Braverman as coconuts fallen from the tree funny and deep in equal measure.
news.sky.com...

It's not like there's a knife crime epidemic going on in London so I'm sure these criminals must be brought to justice.

Wait. I'm trying to wrap my brain around this.

The poilce want to arrest people for holding a sign with a swaztica, and it's not in Germany?
edit on 15-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: ing

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Would you please enlighten us on what you saw.

No.
I really don't feel the need to enlighten anyone especially those who have consistently shown they have no interest in first hand testament that runs contrary to their pre-conceived opinions.

Surely you can find something online that you can use to back your story up if you look hard enough.

I don't need anything to 'back my story up', I was there and saw what I saw, end of.

My credibility here on ATS, such as it may be, has been built up over 16 years of active membership. I don't need to pander to anyone or attempt to vindicate or validate myself.

I'm quite certain I'm not the only one who would like to know any details about the complete media wash out on that demonstration.

MSM reporting was incredibly biased and one-sided playing up the narrative they want to project.
Their stereotyping and demonising was predictable and inaccurate.

That's my only comment, for various reasons.

Not enough for you or you don't believe me?
I don't care; what you think is completely irrelevant to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Would you please enlighten us on what you saw.

No.
I really don't feel the need to enlighten anyone especially those who have consistently shown they have no interest in first hand testament that runs contrary to their pre-conceived opinions.

Surely you can find something online that you can use to back your story up if you look hard enough.

I don't need anything to 'back my story up', I was there and saw what I saw, end of.

My credibility here on ATS, such as it may be, has been built up over 16 years of active membership. I don't need to pander to anyone or attempt to vindicate or validate myself.

MSM reporting was incredibly biased and one-sided playing up the narrative they want to project.
Their stereotyping and demonising was predictable and inaccurate.

That's my only comment, for various reasons.

Not enough for you or you don't believe me?
I don't care; what you think is completely irrelevant to me.

After that entire post, I still have no inkling to what nature "Their stereotyping and demonising was predictable and inaccurate."

Would you at least describe to whom the stereo-typing and demonizing by the media was directed?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join