It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas NOT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Average American household doesn't have money for this crap this year.

Traditional Christmas is going to suffer the economy this season, let alone any new fad that teens and twenty somethings like.

Im going to laugh my butt off at Target once again. I really wonder why they are still in business.

I used to shop there all the time, but since the bathroom fiasco of years back, it just irked me so much, I quit going. Ive been there once since, with a friend that needed something, and I left without buying a single pack of gum even.

Only boycott I've ever actually participated in on purpose.

edit on 11/6/2023 by MoreCoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw all of it.
I was thinking this is going to be an austere holiday season and seems weird to have these very
Non traditional, non mainstream designs.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Corporate dumbasses making decisions.

We saw that with the Bud light fiasco.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why don't you do a "hit & run" on some of those black trees with a glitter bomb and some spray snow.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Why don't you do a "hit & run" on some of those black trees with a glitter bomb and some spray snow.

It would be a 10000% improvement.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023
You give marxist racist thinking an inch, they will take the entire mile.

Black Christmas decorations are Marxist and racist?

As an atheist metal head, I think they look really cool!

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

originally posted by: dust2023
You give marxist racist thinking an inch, they will take the entire mile.

Black Christmas decorations are Marxist and racist?

As an atheist metal head, I think they look really cool!

Rock on dude.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

Nothing to be scared of.
I apprenticed at a shop for a while and gave myself several.
If it's pain you worry about, it's all about location.
Just avoid back, inside wrist, stomach, pelvic, neck or face and it shouldn't hurt much.
Tricep, bicep, breast/ pecs (unless on or near the nipple), thigh, and outer forearm are virtually painless.
Outside wrist is pretty low pain too.

For a lot of artists, someone else's drawing is preferable,
because A: It's not one of the boring stock pieces from the flippy book,
and B: They can just get the outlines on transfer paper, then match the coloring by eye.
Takes out the guesswork if they have a decent hand.

Business ratings and reviews on Google are your friend!
edit on 6/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Black Christmnas trees? I guess Goths have Christmas too, right?

ETA beaten to it by miles I see

edit on thpMon, 06 Nov 2023 14:18:08 -060020232023-11-06T14:18:08-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Addendum

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It seems odd to me but only because I was bought up on White Santa Claus and Green Trees with all different colours! Maybe it wouldn't seem odd if black Santa was around when I was growing up... I dunno...

I associate Santa though coming from Greenland and that to me is white Country.... and cold! I doubt you'd find many black people living there, if any at all.

I suppose Santa could live in Africa! In fact, I wonder if they have Black Santa in Africa and have had for years??

On another note though.. I think things are turning dark in the World.... I think certain people are praying to the Anti-Christ and they want to usher in the end times

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Once upon a time, My house was a dream of holiday decorations and inside I was proud of my displace, I had light in all windows, two Christmas tree and trains and villages all over.

Now, I do nothing, is not because I do not want to, but because I just do not have the energy to do so anymore.

I got to my daughter's house and enjoy Christmas with her, she does all the beautiful decorating now, one Christmas tree with a different motive in every room in her house.

I have antique Christmas decorations they are not from china.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Im late 60s. I want a tat. Would have a tat, but scared. I'm working up to it. I can still rock a tank top, so I will get it on my upper arm, when I finally get the courage. A koi that my grandson drew, or a Zia sun icon from the NM flag, with an eclipse to commemorate seeing it.

But not one for a black Christmas. Maybe I'll get one FOR Christmas. (just to be on topic)

The " Black Christmas " Thing is Satanic , it's Sooo Obvious.......

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx
Maybe it wouldn't seem odd if black Santa was around when I was growing up... I dunno...

It would seem odd if you were white, but had a black "FATHER" Christmas around when you were growing up.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

For some reason I haven't noticed any of that in the stores.

Oh yeah, we got all our decorations, including the artificial tree years and years ago. We just keep re-using.

Very family tradition. Very money saving.

But what the heck! If Black Friday kicks off Christmas shopping, make it Black

Back in the old days Christmas was banned in Boston by Christians.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don’t think there should be Christmas decorations up in November at all.

The black tree is pretty cool though.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My favorite Christmas version is Japan's.

It's celebrated like Valentines Day on Christmas Eve and you eat KFC. Totally commercial.

Just saying there's plenty of room for variation with the celebration of Saturnalia Yule Christmas, and there's still plenty of traditions to reinvent. But things like a seasonal winter theme, a feast, and a Christmas bonus from your master, go back to Rome and probably won't go anywhere. At least in the West.

Japan just sorta does Japan things with everything, and that's why everything they do since 1946 is hilarious.
edit on 6-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
IMO, Christmas season starts on December 1 so it should not look a lot like Christmas right now! I have no idea what's in stores because I already have my ornaments. I don't buy more and more every year. I always get a real tree. I know that artificial trees are getting better but they do cost a lot. With inflation, EVERYTHING costs so much more than you'd expect these days. It always makes my eyes pop.

When you described it before I saw the images I thought it was going to be Nightmare Before Christmas style because that movie is very popular, but they aren't really that. The solid black decorations seem to me like minimalism is still going strong, but I think it is phasing out. I too prefer a maximalist traditional Christmas look with red, green, white and gold and even a little cheesy looking sometimes. For me Christmas is supposed to be warm and cozy not cold and hard. I would not like solid beige or gray Christmas decorations either.

Incandescent lights always look better than LED but LED is at least energy efficient with no fire hazard. I know they are working on trying to reduce the glare but you're right it's still pretty bad. Too harsh.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ForensicFrog

I have a christmas tree with LED lights and they are actually soft looking and nothing like what I’ve seen in the store. That bright almost neon sign looking lights.

Also, the color combo of purple and pink, just doesn’t scream Christmas to me.
Maybe deep down inside I’m a little bit of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I make the grinch look like a amateur as I totally hate the time of year and have done since I was 5 or 6 years old , I hated how bare the place looked when the decorations came down and all the fuss and mess that went with it .

I have avoided a Christmas meal since I was 21 , I am 57 so it has been a while but stores on this side of the pond start stocking their shelves in September and playing that annoying music late October in the stores .

I get it is a big earner for stores and is a time when they make most of their profits for the year
But less is more and they make nothing from me or at new year celebrations.

Black is the new white

Up is down .

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   
For those of you not hating on Christmas, there is an ace all year round shop in Bourton-on-the-water, Gloucestershire.

linky
edit on thpTue, 07 Nov 2023 02:38:27 -060020232023-11-07T02:38:27-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: typing

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join