It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Declares The Great Wakening From Woke Has Happened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: FlyersFan

WOKE has evolved IMO -- from its original meaning.

Today -- I think each person defines for themselves what Woke means.

I personally consider it an evolution of accepting people who aren't stuck in past restrictive socially acceptable "norms".

"I'd rather be Woke than stuck"

I actually find Elon interesting -- but he seems neurodivergent to me.

Best part is the Golems turning upon their masters.

You got LGBTBBQ+ supporting Hamas. Lulz.

Hilarious times.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

well the thing is even the smartest person can lose touch with reality. Actually easier than those with less computing capacities.

True, but in his case has he actually lost touch, or is he engaged with reality on a much deeper level than most? I think he is extremely engaged in anything he does or thinks about, so I find the term he is out of touch, not something he could do.

edit on x31Tue, 31 Oct 2023 19:22:18 -05002023303America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2023 19:22:18 -05002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Hilarious times.

Ain't that the sh!t....

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

WOKE has evolved IMO -- from its original meaning.

Today -- I think each person defines for themselves what Woke means.

I personally consider it an evolution of accepting people who aren't stuck in past restrictive socially acceptable "norms".

"I'd rather be Woke than stuck"

I actually find Elon interesting -- but he seems neurodivergent to me.

Best part is the Golems turning upon their masters.

Hilarious times.

I'm only speaking personally that I believe Woke has evolved beyond its original narrow meaning. IMO

As far as the Middle East -- when have they not been in conflict? If I traveled back through history I'd probably get dizzy as the pendulum swings back and forth.

As I say "I live on the head of a pin" -- meaning my everyday living experience is in a very small radius and its impossible for me to fully understand beyond that.

Also, I refuse to be influenced by others.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

no he is by default detached from reality exactly because he is smart. His own world of thoughts that's what he's good at. Reality is a completely different story though.

And just as your argument: he is an obsessive individual; which is true, we all heard the stories how involved he gets when he starts something new, his demanding management style etc is per se 'out of touch' becasue he goes above and beyond and not calm step by step.
edit on 31-10-2023 by FurPerson because: from

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

no he is by default detached from reality exactly because he is smart. His own world of thoughts that's what he's good at. Reality is a completely different story though.

So says you...

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Can someone explain to mw qhat woke acrually means, cos I looked it up on wiki and it was about the 1850 Presiential elecyion...

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess2
Can someone explain to mw qhat woke acrually means, cos I looked it up on wiki and it was about the 1850 Presiential elecyion...

"alert to racial prejudice and discrimination". Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial justice, sexism and LGBT rights.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess2

politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Of course he wants people to not question authority and be completely obedient to the current system. Big shocker here lol.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Woke is identity politics, and identity politics are what have crumbled every nation we have record of.
I understand why he sees them as adversarial.
In many instances these "mistreated" people have a tendency to be very full of hatred themselves.
Adversarial nature of humanity.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess2

Woke is a meme. The definition provided works. When Elon Musk calls it a mind virus, he is ultimately correct, but misleading. Memes, according to Dawkins encompass well beyond simple woke ideology. Any broadly applied social decorum ideology. Q-Anon/great awakening is the counter meme, hippies were nothing but memes, 70's feminism, nuclear family America, suffrage, temperance, abolition, and The Revolution, and of course religion.

All movements based on specific ideologies that spread organically. Bottom up..

Society has to become two prevailing ones which are on their own innocuous, but combine like bleech and ammonia.

Right now, Israel, being sided with by mostly the right has, like said, turned former pro-israel ponies against their trainers and refuse to run anymore. It wasn't actual support for Israel, but what they thought was most liberal to support. That's why the most deserving of sympathy causes a flip-flop.

All the various cards to garner sympathy are analylized and a stance which sides with the most culturally recognized underdog is sided with. All of a sudden it's not antisemitic to condemn Israel, it's condemning war criminals, as the Muslim side has the bigger demonstrations.

The hard thing is supporting both LGBT/equality normalization through inclusive whatnot, and Israel simultaneously.
edit on 31-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme

IF you're looking for the Right Wing Extreme version.

edit on pm1010America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Way to embody the definition.....

Oh, and that the definition I supplied is from Merriam Webster.

Thanks again for providing your valuable services.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Way to embody the definition.....

Oh, and that the definition I supplied is from Merriam Webster.

Thanks again for providing your valuable services.

Merriam Webster:
1a : aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

Scroll down the page to 2a-- DISAPROVING : politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme

Yeah -- you're just so innocent.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So it's on Webster then...yea?

IDGAF about what they or you think is disapproving.

You may sit down now.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Surprised but sadly not surprised it hasn't been pointed out it's at least a 100 year old (probably older) word in the black community. The word became mainstream because other people started saying it.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sendhelp
Surprised but sadly not surprised it hasn't been pointed out it's at least a 100 year old (probably older) word in the black community. The word became mainstream because other people started saying it.

Yes -- it evolved.

I think that's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sendhelp

They hijacked a good word and perverted it to mean something totally different. What’s crazy is if you go by the original meaning of woke, most of the people on this site are actually woke themselves. I call them awoken.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Woke is chaos and confusion and relies on feelings and emotions rather than critical thinking and logic, facts and actual science. It seeks to change the meaning of words and definitions to create an alternate reality to coddle the mental illness of those who have been gaslighted by people in powerful positions doing experiments on humans via various psychological instruments.
It creates and continues victim mentality while maintaining an enslaved mentally in a population of susceptible people.

Woke is anti-human. Anti-intelligence. Anti-progress. It is the very destruction of society as we have known it in our lifetime. And it is a tool of the the very people who created and continue projects like MKULTRA. Amazing how this all escalated and exploded during the 2020 scamdemic lockdown. It was a slow frog in the pot boil for sure. But the scamdemic ushered it in, in a magnificent fashion.

Elon is right on so many things, but he still has nasty, evil, little gaslighting whispers in his ears, by the very woke people he feels he is fighting against. Such as Linda Yaccarino.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join