It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Declares The Great Wakening From Woke Has Happened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Elon Musk, owner of X (Twitter), declared - "The great wakening from woke has happened. This is good for civilization." He feels the tide has turned and people are waking up to the fact that 'woke' is a mind virus. I can't say that I agree with him. I think that, unfortunately, 'woke' is still alive and well. The disgusting pro-Hamas rallies on college campus' are proof of that.

Elon Musk Declares The Great Wakening From Woke Has Happened

Twitter/X owner Elon Musk declared Monday that a “great wakening from woke” has taken place. Musk posted the statement on X, noting “this is good for civilization.”

Musk has long spoken out against what he describes as “the woke mind virus,” but it appears he now believes the worm has turned.

Musk previously described wokeness as “one of he biggest threats to modern civilization,” adding “At its heart, wokeness is divisive, exclusionary, and hateful. It basically gives mean people… a shield to be mean and cruel, armored in false virtue.”

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

woke is the new term for what we disagree?

Lol, at least it's not commies anymore that was such a proof of being totally behind the curve...

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Poor X. That guy went so far deep the rabbit hole lately he thinks his echo chamber he created is in any way representative for 'reality'.

Let's see if he ever returns ... out of his bum (to spell it out)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

Poor X. That guy went so far deep the rabbit hole lately he thinks his echo chamber he created is in any way representative for 'reality'.

I think he bought it to be his own personal toy, or his "Frankenstein ". Iykwim?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

nah Elon is a smart guy who likes numbers and statistics. He bought Twitter because he bought into the hype of how social media is a political force.

He didn't realise that his presence and direction is only influencing X at this point and X is no longer influencing 'the world at large'.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

We are not out and that isn't what he said. We are better than a year ago, agree?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Poor guy, he's trying to remain relevant.

If woke really is a problem, but it can be killed so easily, was it really that big of a problem then? Hypothetically speaking.

Should we start telling people Jesus is woke, or should we keep that a secret?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

what?

We are not out and that isn't what he said.

Out of Elon's bum? We?
And you quoted my words, he said what? Where?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

no longer influencing 'the world at large'.

It still does, but it isn't a liberal kumbaya hangout as it once was. It was influential in a very one-sided negative way and was trying to control the narratives of the world to its viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

yes. and now it swung to the opposite side but is just the same crap in a different colour. Alas with less profit and less media exposure and less guest traffic.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Woke is dying out, it's a self destructive ideology. Woke-clowns don't reproduce, except to occasionally create socially mal-adaptive offspring, so wokeness will kill itself off in either this gen or the next. This of course is a good thing, we can't be having useless self destructive mutant zombies trying to fight over resources when civilization actually collapses, which won't be long now...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Out of Elon's bum? We?
And you quoted my words, he said what? Where?

So what is the deal that you dislike him so much?

You said he is stuck in his own echo chamber that he thinks is reality and all he said was "He feels the tide has turned and people are waking up to the fact that 'woke' is a mind virus." I think a lot of liberals are being Red Pilled much like old Bill seems to have happened.

I asked you do you think we are better today than a year ago with wokeness? Even Bill Maher is like WTF is wrong with these people?

edit on x31Tue, 31 Oct 2023 15:43:37 -05002023303America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2023 15:43:37 -05002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

yes. and now it swung to the opposite side but is just the same crap in a different colour. Alas with less profit and less media exposure and less guest traffic.

It's opened up more, and that is a good thing. If the liberals choose not to play then that is on them, but I don't think that is the case except for a few. I don't want X to drive world influence in any direction. It was a political mouthpiece and now it isn't, is that bad?

edit on x31Tue, 31 Oct 2023 15:47:40 -05002023303America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2023 15:47:40 -05002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

ok. nothing gives your argument more credibility than making it applicable ONLY if a hypotheitical scenario occurs.

I like Musk. I think he is smart. However he went too deep down the rabbit hole. If you are down there with him you might not be able to see it but the surface is actually quite the mixed bag and only you and those with you in the hole think you are 'fighting', everybody else just 'carries on' so to speak.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Yeah, such a fake reality. Anyway, more tampons for men please.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I like Musk. I think he is smart. However he went too deep down the rabbit hole. If you are down there with him you might not be able to see it but the surface is actually quite the mixed bag and only you and those with you in the hole think you are 'fighting', everybody else just 'carries on' so to speak.

I'm not in the rabbit hole and I find many of his statements spot on, so who knows? One thing is for sure rabbit hole or not, I think not, he lives on a different level of understanding than the rest of us where his intellect and just the realms he associates in on a technical level allows him to easily navigate through it and give us glimpses of it.
edit on x31Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:18:20 -05002023303America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2023 16:18:20 -05002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jhayesdvm

Yeah, such a fake reality. Anyway, more tampons for men please.

That was actually Bill Maher's red pill when someone talked to him about males that menstruate, and he was like WTH are you talking about, no male can do that, and it was like he opened his eyes for the first time while still staying extremely liberal.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

WOKE has evolved IMO -- from its original meaning.

Today -- I think each person defines for themselves what Woke means.

I personally consider it an evolution of accepting people who aren't stuck in past restrictive socially acceptable "norms".

"I'd rather be Woke than stuck"

I actually find Elon interesting -- but he seems neurodivergent to me.

edit on pm1010America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

well the thing is even the smartest person can lose touch with reality. Actually easier than those with less computing capacities.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So the pendulum swings back?

The Overton Window has moved.

Who is to blame?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join