It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America finished as a an empire

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

In these discussions you sound like an American that can not tell the people tribes or kingdoms from each other as blur into one blob. shocking if actually coming from a Scot that mashes up the Scottish and English kingdoms..

if Britain goes back 1200 years how on earth can Denmark only go back 1,000 as it has to ignore the north sea empire kings like Cnut who are king of England Denmark and Norway.. after the north sea empire came the Angevin empire history is a shifting sea of kingdoms tribes and empires, its a rich tapestry, this idea of Britain is new.. the USA has a rich tapestry even if some have gone iconoclastic.. i never said it would end that's you reading in what you want.

if you where born in the 1850s the empire you existed in would be the economic sort they all are, the key points of change is money based, change comes quick especially after debauching a currency.

the world went French silver to British gold - British gold to American black gold.. American black gold to??? which is where we are now, its one of those clues we're at the end of the line.. that Biden thinks the democrats can fight the entire world and win is a hint of where we actually are..

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

In these discussions you sound like an American that can not tell the people tribes or kingdoms from each other as blur into one blob. shocking if actually coming from a Scot that mashes up the Scottish and English kingdoms..

Oh no!

I'm devastated i don't live up to your expectations.

I'm generalising which is kind of required when talking about the UK as a whole, and even our empire of yesteryear, as opposed to the differences between member nations from centuries past.

As far as im aware there is not much "If" about it, our history of monarchic rule on this island stretches back about 1,200-odd years.

Ive already made you aware as to when the adjective "British" started doing the rounds.

www.historic-uk.com...

As to the Danish monarchy, again as far as I'm aware that goes back about 1,000 years and is among the oldest royal houses in Europe

www.kongehuset.dk...#:~:text=The%20Danish%20monarchy%20has%20existed,sovereign%2C%20HM%20Queen%20Ma rgrethe%20II.

the world went French silver to British gold - British gold to American black gold.. American black gold to???

Well as long as it's not "Bitcoin" or "X" based bulls@it it's all good, or not as the case may be.

As to it being the end of the line, sorry but i disagree, and that's both sides of the pond.

And i don't think Biden wants to fight the world nether, the other fellow all the same, would bring about Armageddon in a heartbeat, should the opportunity arise, down to outright stupidity and ego.

Anyhoo taking the weans swimming this evening, enjoy the remainder of the day.
edit on 17-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join