It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Y’all Seeing all the news on Bed Bugs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ticks are my parasite of particular disgust, but bed bugs are right up there too. In fact, if you had an infestation of both in your room, that would be some horror story.

Someone mentioned scabies (AKA "itch mites"), I got those once when I had roommates and they are hard to get rid of too. Microscopic mites that burrow under your skin and lay eggs. They infest your furniture and bedding like bed bugs do except you'll never see them.

Then there are head and body lice and a variety of intestinal worms, even a flea that is specific to humans.
edit on Oct252023-10-08T07:25:07-05:0007257am10th0 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've traveled weekly as a consultant for over 20 years. Over that time, bedbugs have been an epidemic in the US more than a few times in the 4-and-5-star hotels in our major cities (I can't speak to the motels/weekly extended stays). Had to leave luggage outside every Thursday night to air out at some points... throw everything into the dryer immediately upon arrival...

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

It was 'these days'. It was quite some time ago.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

.... a variety of intestinal worms, even a flea that is specific to humans.

I knew about the others, but thanks for the added nightmare fuel

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Then there are head and body lice and a variety of intestinal worms, even a flea that is specific to humans.

Never had lice, but I have a story about them.
I lived in Florida and was dropping my daughter off at a very nice, high end preschool.
One day we were waiting in line to pick up our kids.

This lady in front of me.......I squint my eyes... I squint. Her hair is......moving... MOVING. AHHH MOVING.

There were like super lice or something, it was like a whole mess of them crawling all over her scalp. She was wearing a ponytail but I could see them weaving in and out of her hair.

I took several steps back and made sure my daughter stayed away from her son.

I don't know what kind of lice it was but they were big and very visible to the eye.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: steve910
I've traveled weekly as a consultant for over 20 years. Over that time, bedbugs have been an epidemic in the US more than a few times in the 4-and-5-star hotels in our major cities (I can't speak to the motels/weekly extended stays). Had to leave luggage outside every Thursday night to air out at some points... throw everything into the dryer immediately upon arrival...

The hotel I was staying at was a 4*
It was also very clean, but with mass amounts of people in a tourist town who knows.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Ticks are my parasite of particular disgust, but bed bugs are right up there too. In fact, if you had an infestation of both in your room, that would be some horror story.

Someone mentioned scabies (AKA "itch mites"), I got those once when I had roommates and they are hard to get rid of too. Microscopic mites that burrow under your skin and lay eggs. They infest your furniture and bedding like bed bugs do except you'll never see them.

Good thing I don't have OCD related to bugs, I can imagine someone that does finds this thread a trigger hell

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Human fleas are very rare these days. In Victorian times they were used in flea circuses, real flea circuses. They are a flea big enough to harness with fine gold wire and pull carts and other things. The other fleas are smaller so the modern flea circuses use magic trickery.

I am considering building a flea circus when I decide which way to make it, manual or electronic. I will not be using livestock.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Dude. A very high immunity is still just immunity.

A very high tolerance is a different thing altogether.

a reply to: Gothmog

Wait, What ?
Folks can have immunities to bed bugs ?
That's a new one for me.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Sure man. If bed bugs can have very high immunity instead of just plain old immunity to radiation.

Why the hell not?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Dalamax
Dude. A very high immunity is still just immunity.

A very high tolerance is a different thing altogether.

Wait, What ?
Folks can have immunities to bed bugs ?
That's a new one for me.

I had a friend pass away recently from cancer, his bedroom was riddled with bedbugs towards the end of his life, but he never got bitten because (I think anyway) he was on fentynal patches for his pain.
I'd imagine one taste of his blood and those lil fkrs would instantly overdose and die. Hopefully!
edit on 9-10-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

If bed bugs can have very high immunity

They don't.
The only insect that has that honor is the Dung Beetle .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join