It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Y’all Seeing all the news on Bed Bugs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Apparently there is a crisis in France with bedbugs. Some have said it is already spreading across Europe and will soon make its way to other major cities.

I’ve read that one of the reasons for the explosion in bed bugs is that there are less cockroaches, and they eat bed bugs.
I’ve also read that bed bugs are becoming immune to pesticides. They are worried with the Olympics next year it will be a massive problem.

Y’all this is my absolute worst nightmare. I’ve dealt with bed bugs one time. We were on vacation in Florida and my daughter woke up and screamed and I looked and there was a big engorged bed bug on the bed! I had bites. There was a lot of screaming!
I went to the front desk and they blamed it on all the people from New York and New Jersey. (Sounds like they knew and were still booking)
They took all our clothing and dried it in their industrial drier. We flew home and I made all of us strip 100% naked in the middle of winter in our garage (one at a time) and run into the house. Nothing came in with us, (Thank God!) the luggage was thrown away.
Luckily those actions were enough that we didn’t spread them to our house. I can’t even imagine the people that have to deal wit this.

If you travel, check all the crevices of the furniture. Look behind the headboard with your cell phone light.
Remove the fitted sheet and look at all the nooks and crannies.
DO not be swayed by the niceness of the hotel, no place is immune.
Avoid public transportation if you can. I read this is where it is really exploding too.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Also, if you get them in your home, burn it to the ground.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Most of the hotels and motels in our area (less that 50,000 people) have been dealing with bedbugs for the last 3/4 years....even the high-end ones.

I'd rather sleep in my car than rent a room now days, even in the dead of winter. Gross!

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Very soon they will be able to throw those mattresses outside in freezing temperatures in France , which will kill anything like this dead .

Come to the UK and the B&B houses come with added scabies , one totally did nothing about this for over a year , meaning that everyone who was in that property , caught and spread it everywhere .

Even my local hospital had to shut 2 wards because of it

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

From my memory, which admittedly isn’t what it used to be, DDT was pretty good at controlling bed bugs but that was banned years ago and they have been spreading since.
I guess the story is that the damn bugs built an immunity to DDT. Not sure if that’s true or if was just used as a selling point for banning the pesticide.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

One of gifts of mass immigration.

Yay diversity!

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Eww. Reading this makes me want to go back to water bed.

(They can be wiped clean, no place to hide for bedbugs)

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yay diversity!

🙄

Bedbugs are the spawn of Satan. They were in my current house when we moved in 8 years ago. The house had been empty for a year and a half, and somehow the little f#ckers were still here when we moved in. Took nearly a year for us to get rid of them. We definitely considered burning the house down.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

DDT was banned because it causes bird eggs to have thinner shells, I remember.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks for this.

We have just had to de flea our living room due to cat fleas. Even though we treat our boys with Frontline.

Had one one my leg. Tried to squash it with finger and thumb.

Looked at me like "that's all you got"?

And jumped away.

I say, take off and nuke them from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yay diversity!

Lol beat me to it.

“Couldn’t have anything to with the 15 million illiterate unfumigated greazy specimens pooping in the street ……. Could it ? Course not !

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I heard cockroaches are the mostly likely thing to survive a nuclear war, that and bed bugs.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray
A local theater here was accused of somehow giving them to some guy. He was pretty well dismissed by everybody.
Went back to his seat and it didn’t look bad initially. Then they found a big nest of them somehow hanging on the bottom of the seat. Was on the TV news.
THEN the big theater chain had plenty say about their fabulous recovery and cleanliness.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It's yet just another thing for us to worry about. Pay it no attention. This is how the media operates.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ugh my worst nightmare. I'm fine with insects, except small invasive ones like fleas and bedbugs. I always check every nook and cranny when I stay somewhere. They are also in movie theaters and thrift shops. I believe there are websites that list reports of them at hotels.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Oh stop that ya big silly.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You can get cheap UV flashlights that will show them glowing if you have them in a bed or wherever.. I got a couple a few weeks ago , but our place is fine, no bugs.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I heard cockroaches are the mostly likely thing to survive a nuclear war, that and bed bugs.

Nope. That is an old wives tale.
That title goes to the Dung Beetle.
The Dung Beetle shows a very high immunity to radiation .
Believe it, or not.
edit on 10/7/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Even though we treat our boys with Frontline.

Revolution Plus.
Expensive , but well worth it.
Small little tubes one applies to the back of the cat's neck.
(you may have to get them from a vet. We do)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join