It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Lie About Their Abortion Stance After Donald Trump Exposes How Radical They Are.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have NEVER heard Democrats explain why allowing states to determine abortion rules/regulations makes them so angry.

Yes you have. You just refuse to admit that Roe V Wade acknowledged a woman's constitutional right to reproductive choice, and that the Dodd ruling revoked a woman's constitutional to reproductive choice and gave it to elected state legislators.

Face it though, you don't like it being a states' right any more than I do. You want a federal ban on abortion. You don't want the people deciding through their votes. You don't want states like New York and California to offer safe and legal abortions. You want to go further and ban abortion on a federal level.
edit on 18-9-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I have NEVER heard Democrats explain why allowing states to determine abortion rules/regulations makes them so angry.

Yes you have. You just refuse to admit that Roe V Wade acknowledged a woman's constitutional right to reproductive choice. The Dodd ruling revoked a woman's constitutional to reproductive choice and gave it to elected state legislators.

Face it though, you don't like it being a states' right any more than I do. You want a federal ban on abortion. You don't want the people deciding through their votes. You don't want states like New York and California to offer safe and legal abortions. You want to go further and ban abortion on a federal level.

Now explain to me how democracy works.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's just a damned lie.

And....you know that HOW?

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes you have. You just refuse to admit that Roe V Wade acknowledged a woman's constitutional right to reproductive choice, and that the Dodd ruling revoked a woman's constitutional to reproductive choice and gave it to elected state legislators.

Are you admitting here that women have zero bodily autonomy prior to conceiving a child?

Because that's what it reads as.....

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

A federal ban on abortion is not practical and would be cruel. Admit it!

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Explain to me which of your constitutional rights are voted on.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Actual facts and data.

Duh.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm say that under Roe v Wade a woman's reproductive choices were a constitutional right. Under Dodd, she no longer has that constitutional right to reproductive choice.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Actual facts and data.

Duh.

You have facts and data on women's motives for their choice to abort? And, you know it's malice toward a developing fertilized egg?
Source!? Link!?

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm say that under Roe v Wade a woman's reproductive choices were a constitutional right. Under Dodd, she no longer has that constitutional right to reproductive choice.

Constitutional argument, not right.

Oh, and RBG herself tanked your entire premise BTW:

"Roe isn't really about the woman's choice, is it?" Ginsburg told the University of Chicago Law School in May 2013. "It's about the doctor's freedom to practice...it wasn't woman-centered, it was physician-centered."

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Actual facts and data.

Duh.

You have facts and data on women's motives for their choice to abort? And, you know it's malice toward a developing fertilized egg?
Source!? Link!?

What else would you call it?

And you're ignoring all the other posts offering actual data.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Constitutional argument, not right.

Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's the rain.
RGB

In a historic and far-reaching decision, the U.S. Supreme Court officially reversed Roe v. Wade on Friday, declaring that the constitutional right to abortion, upheld for nearly a half century, no longer exists.

www.npr.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Cool opinion, you even found someone who shares it.

Show me in the Constitution the right to an abortion....I'll wait.

ETA:

From your source:

Alito's 78-page opinion, which has a 30-page appendix, seemingly leaves no authority uncited as support for the proposition that there is no inherent right to privacy or personal autonomy in various provisions of the Constitution — and similarly, no evidence that peoples' reliance on the court's abortion precedents over the past half century should matter.

edit on 18-9-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What else would you call it?

Self-preservation

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Show me it says you have a right to marry.
Show it where it says that a fetus is a person.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Show me it says you have a right to marry.
Show it where it says that a fetus is a person.

Non sequiturs, but A for effort.

You claimed it was a Constitutional right...sooooooo

...lets see it.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A federal ban on abortion is not practical and would be cruel. Admit it!

Why do you say that? Why isn't a 6 week federal abortion ban practical for everyone if it's practical for Texas women?

link   

SCOTUS claimed it was a Constitutional right.

link   

a reply to: dandandat2

Explain to me which of your constitutional rights are voted on.

All of them in every election.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

SCOTUS claimed it was a Constitutional right.

No.

NPR did.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join