It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunter Biden indicted on gun charges in Delaware

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: network dude

is smoking weed the same as being addicted to crack coc aine? Not being a drug fiend, I just don't know, but you seem to have lots of knowledge on this. so what's the deal?

No problem, I'll explain.

Marijuana is a higher schedule drug than coc aine, which is what crack is. Marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug, up there with Heroin and '___'.

Cocaine is a schedule 2 drug with hydrocodone and morphine.

According to our government, smoking weed is worse than smoking crack.

I thought you were asking about what gun owners say about this. You aren't very good at communication. If you are asking me as a gun owner, as I thought your post was, I'll say that smoking a joint is vastly different than being hooked on crack. I based that on seeing crack heads do just about anything for more crack. When someone can't find a joint, they wait.

You really need to focus on what you mean to say as opposed to what you say. This is a forum where if you say stupid things but meant something else, you get a reputation of being a DERP.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Daddy's gonna have to. If poor little Hunter is convicted, then how will Daddy access the smartest guy he knows?

Looks like Daddy better move fast on this one, and as many of us has seen, that man doesn't move fast for anything outside of a Strawberry Shortcake doll to huff.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: burntheships

As I mentioned previously, the tax charges will be filed in another venue.

California?

Should we be looking at Gov Gavin Newsom to all of the sudden
have his DOJ go softer than soft on crime?

edit on 14-9-2023 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Looks like it has finally happened for the son of the President. He was formally charged in Delaware.

I don't see how this isn't just more distraction like coke in the white house.
How could this possibly matter to a person who can be pardoned for almost
anything he does? I mean the limit would be murdering his own father
because then he wouldn't be alive to pardon Hunter for it. Hunter pretty much
has a license to run a muck.

Now my questions are, could Hunter Biden be blackmailing his own father?
Is Joe Biden afraid of his own son because of the deals they've both been
involved with? Could Hunter take down more than just Daddy with what he
knows? And lastly. Is Hunter about to meet his end by suicide?
edit on 14-9-2023 by Saloon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is not about pot and guns. This is about lying on the form to purchase a weapon. I was wondering if anyone was going to catch on to how the media is playing this. They are making it like he was in possession of a weapon and high.

Read the indictment.

Link

He lied on a Federal Firearms form.

This is the same firearm if I remember correctly that was disposed of in a dumpster.

No one is being railroaded.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I mean, he did state in his court filing when he said he was pulling the tax charges from the Delaware case.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
How do they prove he was on drugs 5 years ago? .

He admitted it. They have it recorded.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The tax charges are a federal crime. It will be the federal DOJ that brings the charges. In fact, it will be the same team that just brought this indictment since Weiss has special prosecutor status.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If it gets thrown out, it will be on Constitutional grounds. The 5th Circuit recently ruled that these laws violate the 2nd Amendment. Since Delaware is in the 3rd Circuit, it's not binding precedent, but it will certainly make a strong argument.

the charges will be tried on what was law at the time of violation

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
This is the same firearm if I remember correctly that was disposed of in a dumpster.

It's gonna be impossible to take them seriously when they try to preach about gun safety. I mean, I didn't take them seriously before, but this is them completely conceding that issue.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

I mean, he did state in his court filing when he said he was pulling the tax charges from the Delaware case.

He stated that he WILL file it in another venue?

Or that he CAN?

Important distinction, that.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

As I mentioned previously, the tax charges will be filed in another venue. If they had evidence of any other crimes they would be charging him with those crimes.

did they tell you that? LOL, this is why I smile at your posts. Rooted in unicorn sh!t, not reality.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
And crickets on Second Amendment rights. Why is the right not up in arms over this, taking away gun rights? Everyone who smokes weed and owns a gun is committing this very same crime as we speak. Any of you smoke weed and own a gun?

You don't have to answer that, rhetorical.

If he broke the law, he deserves the punishment. But let's not treat it like he murdered someone. I bet a lot of people, not just on this forum but on any forum in the US, have committed the same crime or are doing it right now.

Pot is not a narcotic, so no, not a lot of people are doing this right now.

The right are in favor of 2A rights, just not for people doing narcotics or convicted felons. You see, we are the sensible side of this argument.

Any time a democrat talks about gun control its always a reference to taking guns away from law abiding citizens. We on the right want to take guns away from criminals. So far, no one from the anti-gun camp have come up with a way to take guns from criminals. They cant take guns they cant find. The only guns they can find are the registered ones, so they take those instead and claim they did something good. Meanwhile this has been known for years and only now is something (apparently) being done about it. But this will end up disappearing in a puff of democrat bull-fluff and nothing will happen. The big guy won't allow it. I mean really, who is going to shake down Ukraine for him if Hunter is in jail?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
“ However, since federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)) makes it a felony for an “unlawful user of … any controlled substance” to “possess … any firearm,” and since marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance, it is a felony for a user of marijuana to possess a firearm.”

Any law experts want to fill me in on what constitutes a “user?”

If I smoked pot 10 years ago and now want to purchase a firearm - is that good since I am no longer “using?”

If I smoked pot yesterday and now want to purchase a firearm - is that good since I am not currently a “user?”

Seems to me the terms are almost purposely vague such that a lawyer worth their weight would destroy any argument that their client was a “user” at the exact time the form was signed.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

As I mentioned previously, the tax charges will be filed in another venue. If they had evidence of any other crimes they would be charging him with those crimes.

The tax charges won't be filed at all.

The DoJ has stalled long enough for statute of limitations to take effect.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some of them aren't past the SoL yet.

However, since their pattern to date is to let the statute of limitations expire on them to protect the Bidens, I expect that strategy to continue with the remaining tax charges that are still fileable right now.

Since we know from that they're not serious about pursuing Hunter, it's obvious the gun charges are for show. The government has numerous ways out of actually prosecuting the case. That's the only reason it was filed.

Weiss has been protecting the Bidens. That hasn't changed.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Define "drugs".

Oregon says you can do hard drugs and it's all legal.

Ever seen roid rage ? There's a reason they don't drug test cops, but you trust them with guns.

Gene Sanders, a Spokane, Wash., police psychologist, estimates that up to 25 percent of all police officers in urban settings with gangs and high crime use steroids

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

However, since their pattern to date is to let the statute of limitations expire on them to protect the Bidens, I expect that strategy to continue with the remaining tax charges that are still fileable right now.

Since we know from that they're not serious about pursuing Hunter, it's obvious the gun charges are for show. The government has numerous ways out of actually prosecuting the case. That's the only reason it was filed.

I think the fun part will be seeing how they spin and defend the obvious and selling it to the just waking up public.

At some point even the stupid ones will realize that they don't have to love Trump to realize Biden is shady.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: face23785

I think the fun part will be seeing how they spin and defend the obvious and selling it to the just waking up public.

At some point even the stupid ones will realize that they don't have to love Trump to realize Biden is shady.

Don't count on it man. We've had two consecutive generations of people raised and "educated" to be completely incapable of thinking for themselves.

They'd vote for the turkey that gets pardoned over Trump if that's what the media tells them to do.

Just look at Covid. They still believe ALL the lies, every last one of them. New information (or old information that has since been verified) does not change their minds. They're physically incapable of believing anything different until told to do so.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
While the leftists are all proud and stating that no one is above the law and equal justice, whatever happened to the democrat terrorists that took over the Capital building and McCarthy's office last week?

Are they still in jail for 22 years? Or are they back home after their little "issue"?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join