It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Teacher Fired for Reading Gender Identity Book to Fifth Graders

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It doesn't matter if someone agrees with the book or not.
It doesn't matter how anyone FEELS about the book being valid reading material or not.
It was AGAINST THE RULES. She broke the rules by reading the book.
She's an activist. You can tell by her t shirt in the picture in the opening post.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: JIMC5499

You would be surprised. Teachers are authoritarian figures in a position of special trust. Students are taught to obey then and learn from them.

What better for a sad young kid to know that their teacher isnt judging them negatively for feeling different?

This is primary school we are talking about not the Hitler Jungen

The problem is that activist teachers are telling children that they have a problem if they DO NOT feel different. This is a subject that they have no business being involved in.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I dont know how you find the will to be on here arguing with folks so much at that age. I'd be lounging in the garden with rum and cigars

I pretty much just express my opinion.

Real life — real experience doesn’t seem to matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You would be surprised. Teachers are authoritarian figures in a position of special trust. Students are taught to obey then and learn from them.

What better for a sad young kid to know that their teacher isnt judging them negatively for feeling different?

This is primary school we are talking about not the Hitler Jungen

The problem is that activist teachers are telling children that they have a problem if they DO NOT feel different. This is a subject that they have no business being involved in.

Well I cant say I disagree with you there. They have no business telling any kids they have a problem do they?

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I think we're in agreement on that.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

For sure.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: tanstaafl
Honestly, I think you are just on a wind up now.

Said the wind up doll to the winder.

I said I had never seen a peer reviewed paper that suggests trans stuff is only in people's heads.

Why yes... yes you did. An absurd statement on its face, because it belies a total ignorance of the fields of Human Biology and Anatomy.

you came back blithering about "Ooh thanks for confirming you have never taken a basic human biology class.

Don't forget anatomy...

Its simple, you make an assertion, back it up with facts, thats FACTS not feelz. So, show me a peer reviewed study to back up your previous asssertion that trans is all in the mind then...

It isn't necessary, because the truth is obvious on its face.

Since a human cannot change sex, any belief that one is or can become the opposite sex is absurd on its face.

Similarly I never stated anywhere that its a good idea to indulge a child's delusions, that happened inside your own frightened little mind.

Did you or did you not state that you were in favor of children being allowed to be given puberty blockers/hormone treatments (that amount to chemical castration)?

Ill take the last one first, I am not aware of every being comfortable with giving kids drugs that are known as puberty blockers and I am not aware of ever posting that I am in favour of such.

My oldest kid is ADHD.

Who’s in favor of giving kids Ritalin?

You work with a doctor. Hopefully, you can find one that specializes in your child’s need. Self esteem is the #1 critical issue.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told ADHD is made up and all my kid needs is s good spanking.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ritalin gets a bad press because so many parents rely on it to make up for them giving the kids a awful diet and ignoring them all the time.

Some people really need it, like my brother in law who is 60

edit on 25pSat, 26 Aug 2023 14:27:25 -050020232023-08-26T14:27:25-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Pink Floyd had it about right:

"We don't need no education We don't need no thought control No dark sarcasm in the classroom Teacher, leave them kids alone Hey, teacher, leave them kids alone All in all it's just another brick in the wall All in all you're just another brick in the wall"

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I love it how you have to go after me because you have no arguments to sustain your hatred but God.
it's the only reason you feel so self entitled to cast a judgment.

I love everything, in that sense I'm very much like your God, you should try it.

i can hear your prayers too and know why they fall onto deaf ears.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"We don't need no education We don't need no thought control No dark sarcasm in the classroom Teacher, leave them kids alone Hey, teacher, leave them kids alone All in all it's just another brick in the wall All in all you're just another brick in the wall"

Haha and he's being called a Nazi now!

Roger I mean
edit on 43pSat, 26 Aug 2023 14:44:43 -050020232023-08-26T14:44:43-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: typing

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

Whilst I agree it may be odd reading a book to year 5s, I can't understand why everyone is so angry about this book.

No, it’s not odd at all.

Along with my other experiences, I’m raising my non-binary high-functioning Autistic grandson.

His teachers read books out loud to the class.

They openly discussed the meaning of the story and also did written evaluations and tested for listening comprehension.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Picture this -

A fundamentalist christian teacher decides he's going to break the rules and read the Noahs Ark story from the bible out loud to his fifth grade class. He calls the bible real science and claims Noahs Ark actually happened. He does this fully knowing that it is controversial and against the rules but because he's a fundamentalist activist he feels he can do it anyways.

The rules are in place for a reason.

Activist teachers who break the rules because they feel they are doing something great should be fired.

Doesn't matter what side they are on, the left or the right. The rules are there for a very good reason.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
His teachers read books out loud to the class.

Reading a controversial first grade picture book out loud to a fifth grade class is WEIRD.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

And what a complete Brick you are.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: dandandat2
First world problems

That’s making the USA a banana republic.

Don't Conservative parents have good solid relationships with their kids that are stronger than any crazy blue hair propaganda?

History shows what happened/happens when gay kids started coming out to conservative parents.

It can’t be shoved under the rug.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: Annee
I doubt the school board would feel comfortable hearing about war atrocities in an open meeting.

Just my personal opinion here.

But if a school board/parents is uncomfortable hearing about any subject that they're teaching the kids in the classrooms then perhaps they don't exactly know what the kids are being taught in the classrooms, or those things shouldn't be taught in the classrooms.

I agree.

Most of this type “showmanship sensationalism” is based in conservative ideology.

To which I say: there are many private schools.

I choose public school because they are bound to teach diversity.

This man is taking my child’s diversity education away.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ritalin gets a bad press because so many parents rely on it to make up for them giving the kids a awful diet and ignoring them all the time.

Some people really need it, like my brother in law who is 60

I am very aware that some parents abuse Ritalin and other drugs.

I was fortunate to have an amazing doctor, who told me to safety proof my home — it was my kid’s sanctuary. He only allowed medication during school hours.

But denying medical care because some parents aren’t responsible is not OK.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I don't love evil people that gaslight beautiful innocent children.

For the record, I didn't come after you, I asked why you promote evil.

But If the shoe fits....

edit on 8/26/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You don't hear jack # but the voices in your head.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join