It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Teacher Fired for Reading Gender Identity Book to Fifth Graders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I don't think it was on a reading list. The teacher did this on her own.
The book was for something like K-4. This was a fifth grade class.
The book was read aloud to the fifth grade class and they were shown pictures.
That's ridiculous. Fifth graders read to themselves and don't need picture books.
The teacher was an activist and claimed she didn't think there was anything
questionable about it. That makes her either an idiot or a liar because it obviously
IS questionable.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Just for a bit of sense so everyone understands what is being argued about here.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Just for a bit of sense so everyone understands what is being argued about here.

Thank you.
Obviously not a fifth grade reading book.
Obviously controversial.
Obviously the teacher was breaking the rules by reading it aloud to the class

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Also it is not the devils bible either is it?
looks to me to be an attempt at making kids feel ok about feeling different.
edit on 38pSat, 26 Aug 2023 13:31:38 -050020232023-08-26T13:31:38-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: typing like s crazy octopus

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The book may or may not be making some kids feel okay about themselves. But that's not the issue. It's a controversial book that the teacher broke the rules reading to the students. She was an activist. And what's she doing reading aloud a K-4 picture book to fifth graders? They read regular books to themselves at that age.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I've got a simple rule. If there's things in books that are used in the classroom or on school reading lists, that can't be read into the minutes of a School Board meeting because they are considered "obscene", that book doesn't belong in the schools.

Plain and simple.

I think there’s probably a lot of books that would be inappropriate to openly read at a public school board meeting.

Books on war are appropriate for their specific class.

I doubt the school board would feel comfortable hearing about war atrocities in an open meeting.

Gender diversity is no big deal to some and Devil promoted by others.

Personal opinion is not enough to ban a book INO.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Whilst I agree it may be odd reading a book to year 5s, I can't understand why everyone is so angry about this book.

Lets be honest, its not gonna make any kid go out and want to wear a dress if they are a boy or a suit if they are a girl is it?

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I doubt the school board would feel comfortable hearing about war atrocities in an open meeting.

Just my personal opinion here.

But if a school board/parents is uncomfortable hearing about any subject that they're teaching the kids in the classrooms then perhaps they don't exactly know what the kids are being taught in the classrooms, or those things shouldn't be taught in the classrooms.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Whilst I agree it may be odd reading a book to year 5s, I can't understand why everyone is so angry about this book.

Lets be honest, its not gonna make any kid go out and want to wear a dress if they are a boy or a suit if they are a girl is it?

Some here deny the existence of gender diversity.

Any introduction of it is “grooming”.

I agree with you that it’s about acceptance of others.

And it’s not going to affect how my kid was born to be.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Some here deny the existence of gender diversity.

No, science does. Yet they also prove the existence of mental issues relating to believing such things.

Any introduction of it is “grooming”.

No, only when its' thrusts upon children. Which you are actively doing.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I agree, I am from a generation that found trans people funny along with gays, lesbians and women who didnt want their bums patted by strangers.

Overall I think we are in a better world for the most part than it used to be.

edit on 18pSat, 26 Aug 2023 13:52:18 -050020232023-08-26T13:52:18-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling, natch

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

And gaslighting perfectly intelligent children into believing that boys can become girls is teaching them to mistrust adults, teachers, and authorities in power.

PERIOD.

Lies never lead to enlightenment or knowlege and coming from authority are EVIL.

Why do you promote EVIL

Why do you not want people to fear EVIL becoming even more prevelent in the world?

You must be working for evil. You support the gaslighting of beautiful loving trusting children.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Overall I think we are in a better world for the most part than it used to be.

Me too.

And at 76 years I’ve got a real life experience “map” to pull from.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I dont know how you find the will to be on here arguing with folks so much at that age. I'd be lounging in the garden with rum and cigars

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You would be surprised. Teachers are authoritarian figures in a position of special trust. Students are taught to obey then and learn from them.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I feel like in all these discussions, you have been forced to accept an "inconvenient truth". A person can dress like the opposite sex, even have surgery to appear more like the the opposite sex, but they cannot ever "BE" the opposite sex due to nature and science. We all accept that people can want to be opposite and can try, but the disconnect comes in when someone tries to convince others truly transitioning is possible. It's lying to people who are already fragile mentally, and I believe it's cruel.

I can't say what it's like to raise a child who thinks they were a mistake, but that must be an awful empty feeling.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

You would be surprised. Teachers are authoritarian figures in a position of special trust. Students are taught to obey then and learn from them.

What better for a sad young kid to know that their teacher isnt judging them negatively for feeling different?

This is primary school we are talking about not the Hitler Jungen

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I can't understand why everyone is so angry about this book.

It's a controversial book. The teacher read it to the class. That's against the rules.
She claimed there was nothing controversial about it. She lied or she's an idiot.
Either way, she didn't follow the rules and was an activist. So she got fired.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

probably controversial only in those parts that banned Maus

I watched the video to the end, did you? or are you happy for someone else to tell you its bad and just believe them?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join