It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lighten up you climate doomers!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
These "Save The Planet" idiots are a waste of time and oxygen, but they are a constant source of entertainment.

They don't realize their own hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So the Earth has a case of the Vapors? Who's have known.

Also this is a bunch of crap, every time these "volcano" goes off we enter a cooling period. Just look at Pinatubo when it went off, Tonga was at least as powerful as that. Then on top of this we had the Icelandic Volcano "Alphabet Soup" going off (and still is) as well as La Palma all at the same time. These added in with the stagnant North Atlantic Osculation Current, El Nino, limited effect Solar Maximum, and we're headed straight into an ice age.

Global warming my ass, more like extra ski time on the slopes.
edit on 5-8-2023 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Lighten up you climate doomers!

For weather, I like this guy....

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

www.abovetopsecret.com...
sounds like this guy.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Itherael

No, because it hasn't had any measurable effect, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-ght?

Because the media and governments have been using a volcano eruption to push their anti-freedom agendas, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-ght?

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael

Because the media and governments have been using a volcano eruption to push their anti-freedom agendas, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-ght?

So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that we should not consider the rise in concentrations of other green house gases and any impact they have on global temperatures, butttttt you want to single out atmospheric water vapor, and make the claim that it is solely responsible for the changes we are seeing? I got that right hoss?

Can you send me a copy of this anti-freedom agenda? I must have missed it.

Did you actually read the OP?

The volcano,

Volcano

eruption is actually responsible for the spike in temps.

I can maybe draw pictures if that might help. . .

lol, Volcano hot, therefore atmosphere get more hot? Right, hoss? Yes, the eruption injected an extreme amount of water vapor, a greenhouse gas, into the atmosphere that may contribute to climate change. Your OP tries to paint this as the ONLY reason we are experiencing warmer temperatures and we should stop worrying. Science will tell you are wrong on this, and this a multi-faceted problem.

So, trying to intentionally mislead or what?

Edit to save your OP for posterity.

That's why it's been so miserable here lately. It's not fossil fuels, it's not running your air conditioning or running your lawn mower or eating #ing meat!

Water vapor, greenhouse effect.

Science.

The media, social media, the governments have been lying to all of us.

And some of you just eat that up like it's chocolate pudding!

Stop.
Panicking.

Quit it.

Just stop.

Maybe you should check out the temp increases throughout the rest of the solar system.
The SUN is the cause for all of this, the sun is way more active today than it was a hundred years ago, the sun produces more heat/radiation/EM fields, our planet (along with all the others) warms up, the polar ice begins to melt releasing trapped carbon into the atmosphere which in turn warms the planet further.
I'm not saying that we as a race are completely innocent of any harm against our glorious world, we are and will continue to be because we are allowed no other alternatives. I do mean not allowed.
What's happening now on earth, has happened before (before we were even a thing), it WILL happen again as its all a cycle

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That volcano erupted in early 2022. The media and governments weren't using it to push anything before that time, were they?

On a more important point:

The study that that NASA article is based on calculates that that particular eruption placed about 1 Megaton of excess water vapor in the Stratosphere:

agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

By contrast, the total mass of CO2 in the atmosphere is a little over 3,000 Gigatons (3,000,000 Megatons).

www.grisanik.com...#:~:text=Furthermore%2C%20multiplying%20Earth%27s%20atmosphere%205.137,atmosphere%2 0is%20~3%2C208%20Gt%20CO2.

Of that amount, about 1/3 has been put there since roughly 1880.

www.noaa.gov...

So that's about 1,000 Gigatons we've accumulated over the last ≈ 140 years or so.

So you're perfectly willing to believe that 1 Megaton of excess H2O vapor has had a measurable (but short term) effect on global warming but an amount of CO2 that is a million times greater has no effect?

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Yes,

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

while you're digging up all that info, go check out SO2, and see how that effects the climate, then see how much doesn't get reported.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hmmmm....I hadn't heard about that causing so much weather mayhem.
And all that smoke in the upper atmosphere cannot be helping....

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, and I remember my Mom saying one summer they fried an egg on the sidewalk.
Way before I was born.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Hmmmm....I hadn't heard about that causing so much weather mayhem.
And all that smoke in the upper atmosphere cannot be helping....

Water vapor acts differently than particulate matter apparently.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Beyond my knowledge.
But it does seem possible that particulates and smoke may attract water droplets?

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

isn't that how clouds form?

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

That volcano erupted in early 2022. The media and governments weren't using it to push anything before that time, were they?

On a more important point:

The study that that NASA article is based on calculates that that particular eruption placed about 1 Megaton of excess water vapor in the Stratosphere:

agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

By contrast, the total mass of CO2 in the atmosphere is a little over 3,000 Gigatons (3,000,000 Megatons).

www.grisanik.com...#:~:text=Furthermore%2C%20multiplying%20Earth%27s%20atmosphere%205.137,atmosphere%2 0is%20~3%2C208%20Gt%20CO2.

Of that amount, about 1/3 has been put there since roughly 1880.

www.noaa.gov...

So that's about 1,000 Gigatons we've accumulated over the last ≈ 140 years or so.

So you're perfectly willing to believe that 1 Megaton of excess H2O vapor has had a measurable (but short term) effect on global warming but an amount of CO2 that is a million times greater has no effect?

Yes,

Textbook cognitive dissidence.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Well, well...looks like it.
I know our skies are often high hazy clouds on days where the smoke plume is thicker.

In a clean-air chamber (one where all solid particles are filtered out), a cloud will not form, even with a relative humidity greater than 200%. While clouds are made up of droplets that are essentially distilled water, each droplet is not 100% pure. At the cloud droplet's core is a tiny water-attracting particle upon which moisture collects and grows. This demonstration will show that just a small amount of nuclei (smoke) is all that is needed in the production of a cloud.

www.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The eruption happened in 2022 , so what about the rising temps globally prior to the volcano ?
To believe the earth can’t or hasn’t produced natural warming/cooling periods by itself is foolish. Just as foolish to think that man’s use of carbon based everything can’t or isn’t changing our weather.
Why does everything have to be A or B only ?

edit on 5-8-2023 by psychotrail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Generally large volcanic eruptions are cooling events because of a "dimming effect", Tonga Tonga was different because there was not much SO2 to cause dimming, but an enormous amount of water vapor "injected" into the upper atmosphere. The extra water vapor from Tonga Tonga is temporary and primarily an issue in the southern hemisphere.

While water is a powerful green house, the water cycle is extremely short and not significant as it will quickly balance out. In other words the residence time of H20 in the atmosphere is extremely short, while CO2 is extremely long.

That said water vapor is a by product of combustion as is CO2. Human sources of these green house gasses are much greater than volcanic out put, even when there is a major eruption.

It is comical that you guys will acknowledge a volcanic eruption can cause global warming or cooling consequences(generally when a great land volcano blows), yet still refuse to accept all the CO2(and H20 vapor) from burning fossil fuels also effects the global climate.

This is the first time in modern times a great underwater volcano erupted and his information in invaluable to understanding the Earth's geographic and atmospheric trends.

Because Tonga Tonga caused a temporary warming, does not mean human contributions to the "greenhouse effect" is insignificant.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Guyfriday

Just look at Pinatubo when it went off, Tonga was at least as powerful as that.

Tonga eruption largest ever recorded underwater volcano

Researchers estimate Tonga sent enough water vapor into Earth's stratosphere to equal 10% of the water already present in that atmospheric layer.

That's nearly four times the amount of water vapor estimated from the 1991 Mount Pinatubo eruption

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that we should not consider the rise in concentrations of other green house gases and any impact they have on global temperatures, butttttt you want to single out atmospheric water vapor, and make the claim that it is solely responsible for the changes we are seeing? I got that right hoss?

Can you send me a copy of this anti-freedom agenda? I must have missed it.

I disagree your theory. I think climate change and the rise in global temperatures in a multi-faceted situation. Though I think we are not a dooms immediate door, I think as a planet we need to get better at controlling and maintaining our biospehere.

DBCowboy said to STOP 🛑 worrying. It’s obvious that only water vapor creates global heat waves . Why would it be considered complimentary to carbon pollution.
That would be like saying that oil naturally seeps into the ocean in small amounts & Deepwater Horizon had no effect on our oceans.
Why is trying to be good tenants of earth looked at as pseudoscience from the right ?
Yes there are Democrats that fleece tax payers over bogus green policies, but that is nothing compared to the fleecing the oil & chemical corporations do to our health as well earth .
I do agree that volcanoes raise heck on our weather, but to accept that it’s the only reason is very myopic imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join