It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former pastor arrested in 1975 murder of young girl walking to his church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well, luckily your thinking is not even close to mainstream. I doubt you have children right? Your ideas about children and what they should be shown or forced to think about are sad. Because some guy professes to be a Christian and murdered someone does not mean religious people are bad. Your arguments are simplistic and obviously your tone shows an axe to grind.

V

I do have children and they are well adjusted critical thinking adults now.
Did you not see the studies done that I linked? It says most child abusers are SELF proclaimed to be religious. No that doesn’t mean all religious people are abusers, but it DOES mean most abusers ARE religious. There is one simpleton here and it ain’t me.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

We have had some problems with an old man in my neighborhood. Other neighbors alerted me. A group of neighbors came to my home last week to discuss the situation and get my opinion on how to proceed. There are about 8-9 people living in a duplex on one side of my home. They are not Christians. The old man is a skinny old white haired Asian. Maybe he is a Buddhist, I don't know. He has been warned, and he has also been put on notice in two ways. He is also being evicted. He is not a Christian, just an old fashion Asian. Evil is evil, no matter how you hide it or dress it up.

No not all Christians are abusers, but most abuser are SELF proclaimed religious people. See my link in my OP.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I guess it takes a special kind of deluded adults to be able to commit such heinous act, but you'll find them throughout every social strata, I'm not sure there is a trend with religions. There is however a clear trend when it come to domestic violence, the bulk is committed by vlosw relatives. Religious family structures are amongst the less organic and most forced I've seen and i can see that to contribute to the overall trend with domestic violence.

The longer I read around here the more I'm worried about the loud posters on the matter. It's either posttraumatic or a case of those who scream the loudest.

Either way, the faux outrage and double standards are palpable and take away big-time from any argument...

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

bigger is abuse by people that consider themselves religious.

Yeah the majority of People

More than eight-in-ten members of the Silent Generation (those born between 1928 and 1945) describe themselves as Christians (84%), as do three-quarters of Baby Boomers (76%). In stark contrast, only half of Millennials (49%) describe themselves as Christians;

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I honestly love this thread, all the usual suspects being totally able to argue against the rhetoric they constantly use to bash the trans movements.

When i read that i wonder, is one topic invoking so much emotional turmoil that they become unable to reason with logic? or are they having an agenda and really do suck at arguing coherently...

ATS is listed as religious forum, by your stats only there should be more than one case of those who scream the loudest amongst the users...

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

These religious nut jobs are the worst. It’s depressing how people follow these cults..

A time is near where you will be sad you had these thoughts.

I bet you won't watch, to long maybe.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: stevieray

Here's just a few from the last few days.

This lovely guy is charged with felony child abuse involving a sexual act, sexual servitude with a child victim, soliciting a child by computer, and eight counts of taking indecent liberties with a child.
Link

This great guy was arrested for raping an 8 year old girl in June, has been arrested again for raping her 5 year old sister. His fiance's children.

Link

Greenberg, Matt Gaetz buddy was found with 80 CP photos.

Link

Mr. Weiner still has a podcast and interviews, his laptop made grown officers puke,

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

So you are admitting that old religious people make up the bulk of abusive sick individuals...

Stats really suck do they...

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   

No that doesn’t mean all religious people are abusers, but it DOES mean most abusers ARE religious. There is one simpleton here and it ain’t me.

Because most PEOPLE ARE religious duh

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

So you are admitting that old religious people make up the bulk of abusive sick individuals...

Stats really suck do they...

Nearly everyone in the whole world is (religious) only a very few are NOT.
Understanding stats does help some.
Cheerios

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Religious or Christian?

A study as recent as the 90s found that 90% of people believe in God. That number has dropped with the younger generations coming in. If simple belief in God signals 'religious', and 90% of all people qualify as religious, then the correlation between being religious and being a child molester/ murderer isn't there at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   

It would be great for the bigots if trans was a religion, like that their argument would barely hold up, but considering that trans are rarely religious, and the bulk of abusers turn out to be religious, it might be wise to look for another rhetoric to make the bigotry known.

(post by SamColt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It would be great for the bigots if trans was a religion, like that their argument would barely hold up, but considering that trans are rarely religious, and the bulk of abusers turn out to be religious, it might be wise to look for another rhetoric to make the bigotry known.

Not sure you really grasp the meaning of bigot and bigotry.
No, it does not mean “won’t agree with me, and won’t praise-celebrate my general confusions”.
Just like “raaaaaycist and literally Hitler” also doesn’t mean people who won’t agree with you.
Vast majority of people in the world have no dislike for trans or anybody else.
We are however fed up with your incredibly childish invective and behaviors. As well as the violence that you bring and threaten all the the time. Maybe not you specifically but the movement hell yes. We can find the threats out there every day, in response to the genocide that you are apparently undergoing. Which is exhibit A of the stupid.
How about you clean up that infantile mess, then see how you’re treated. You’ll probably graduate right to being ignored and doing your thing with no interest whatsoever from the rest of us.
Which you’ll probably be mad about, lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamColt
a reply to: Terpene

Who's the bigot? You can go on and on about hating the religious and you're not a bigot?
By the way, self professed "religious" people includes islam, buddhists, hinduism, shinto, sikhism, judaism, taoism, confucianism, caodaism, etc...
So yes most of the known world is religious.
Damn you people are stupid.

Never forget……. Your speech (or silence) is violence and their brick throwing is free speech.
This is the kind of dysfunctional and diseased brain you’re trying to argue with.
Less annoying to debate with your cat.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Well, except for the fact that being eternally and hugely confused about your sexuality, changing it daily if not hourly, is kind of a bad basis for a religion.
We’ll just chalk this up to terrible logic # 1,000,000 from ‘youse guys”.
Keep trying, you’ll maybe get to rational in a few years.
I’d love to see your definition of religious.
Wondered if there was a God, one time ?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I honestly love this thread, all the usual suspects being totally able to argue against the rhetoric they constantly use to bash the trans movements.

When i read that i wonder, is one topic invoking so much emotional turmoil that they become unable to reason with logic? or are they having an agenda and really do suck at arguing coherently...

ATS is listed as religious forum, by your stats only there should be more than one case of those who scream the loudest amongst the users...

Can you show us where and how ATS became religious ? Simply amazing.
Welcome to “just yell out anything Wednesday“.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join