It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Revelations"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
See the commercial for the second episode? It starts off with some scenes, then the voice comes in. "in the ultimate battle between good"A church, cross, then nun is shown "and evil" the athiest/science guy is shown, then the prison dude is shown. WTF? science/reality/facts are evil while raping children is good? Ok.... strange.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
See the commercial for the second episode? It starts off with some scenes, then the voice comes in. "in the ultimate battle between good"A church, cross, then nun is shown "and evil" the athiest/science guy is shown, then the prison dude is shown. WTF? science/reality/facts are evil while raping children is good? Ok.... strange.

still complaining :shk:

just kidding...

anyway...

i enjoy this show ONLY because the bible is "the greatest STORY ever told" and it is GREAT to get a story and turn it into a show / movie...

i mean...

this is the greatest "bible-thing" that i have seen until "the beast" movie comes out on 6/6/06...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i enjoy this show ONLY because the bible is "the greatest STORY ever told" and it is GREAT to get a story and turn it into a show / movie...

Ah, but you haven't gone drinking with my friend Hal. That's a story and a show.

EDIT: Pointless google story captures for Hal to find.

Greatest Stories Ever Told (while drinking)

Todd Related: The Nuck-a-duct.
Neil Related: Finger sucks, and here's why.
Beach Related: Them bug eyes will get cha.
Art Related: Art Raymond is a girl, and here's why.
Conspiracy Related: Si beheaded himself.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The first episode was not very good and not very Biblical. Since most people have not read the Bible, and especially all the way through at least once, this is where they get their info about what it contains. It was not even close.

Another thing that these type of shows/movies contain is a huge God sized problem that comes upon the earth. In the end mankind eventually figures out a way to overcome the problem and save mankind.

That is not at all what the Bible says about the tribulation period. It will be a time or GREAT DECEPTION and will continually get worse and THE ONLY, I'll repeat again because this is so important, THE ONLY ONE Who will be able to rescue mankind and end the evil will be God Himself.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think it's a fairly transparent attempt by the mainstream media to appeal to Red State viewers they've alienated in the past. I expect we'll see more of this kind of thing sooner rather than later. It's definately geared to a more fundamentalist mindset, despite theCatholic trappings. The little girl who blashphemes, then God zaps up into the tree. Then it turns into a creepy echo of the Schiavo case, with heartless cardboard technocrat doctors who can't wait to pull the plug and harvest the girl's organs.

It's funny, I saw a show on the Discovery Channel recently on the alleged "growing gap" between the US and EU. The whole thrust of the show was that the EU was attempting economic warfare against the US by letting Greenpeace have a say in writing their consumer safety regs, thus "forcing" US companies to meet EU standards to be able to sell products in the EU.

Funny when how we do it, say forcing European carmakers to meet US safety standards, it's perfectly OK, but when the devious and dreaded French do it, it's nothing less than a direct attempt to subvert baseball and apple pie.

They had some vaguely ethnic-looking French technocrat academic - every Red Stater's worst nightmare - coolly explaining the Greenpeace agenda in an ominous, robotic manner. And then little mini-town meetings with students from the US and EU, stuffed with arrogant and contemptuous Europeans and doe-eyed upright God-fering Americans, pretending as if the current Western cultural divide was purely a trans-Atlantic issue and not a domestic American issue as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Ah, but you haven't gone drinking with my friend Hal. That's a story and a show.

EDIT: Pointless google story captures for Hal to find.

Greatest Stories Ever Told (while drinking)

Todd Related: The Nuck-a-duct.
Neil Related: Finger sucks, and here's why.
Beach Related: Them bug eyes will get cha.
Art Related: Art Raymond is a girl, and here's why.
Conspiracy Related: Si beheaded himself.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by RANT]

that was a wierd post...

i don't get it :shk:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The show doesnt make any sence. Jesus will not come back as a baby again. Its not true at all I stopped watching after that.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
The show doesnt make any sence. Jesus will not come back as a baby again. Its not true at all I stopped watching after that.

yupp

its only BASED on the bible now???

i don't like the show either...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The show is completely biased. "Science/reality/facts ARE EVIL!!!! Take it from a priest or go to hell!!!!! Now give me money or you go to hell!!!"

If I want that kind of BS I'll go to a GOP convention or church on sunday. I don't want lies like that on tv, why I hate Fox News. Sit coms, movies, whatever, they don't present themselves as factual or the truth, but Revelations acts as if all that BS is true, which it isn't since it is based off the bible.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It is not Jesus that has come back as a baby it is the antichrist

Revelations Chapter 13

And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
yeah i realized that it was the anti-christ when they said the child was found in the sea. I was like oh.............. So yeah it is the Anti-Christ. I wonder if they will show Jesus. And is this baby supposed to grow into a man in 4 weeks?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Then why did they say they were looking for Jesus in the commercial?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Then why did they say they were looking for Jesus in the commercial?

They are looking for Jesus. This disappoints me. If you are going to base a movie off of a book in the bible at least let it be accurate. The sad thing is there will be people who actually believe that this is what it says in the bible. There will be no baby Jesus, that would discredit God's power. In the end God said, "Not even Death can shut me up!"

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
From what I gather, they ARE looking for Jesus.

Why?

Simple. The Satanists kidnapped the kid to sacrifice him at the BIRTH of the Antichrist, meaning said birth hasn't occurred yet.

How about that ram-horned baby in the sonigram, huh? That rocked!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The ram-horned baby was pretty neat.

I think the casting choices were odd- FRED DURST! when the hell do we take him seriously? I do like Pullman's character, but I would have gone with an older (40s-50s) nun, just for the sake of making her credentials more believable.

The guy in jail- Isaiah Haden is the characters name I think- is quite creepy, and fits the role perfectly.

All in all, the show's been entertaining, which is all I really expect out of a mini-series.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Man, I can't believe that those two couldn't figure out that box was a puzzle box housing the book....what a couple of numbnuts? If we ever do face Armageddon, let's hope our saviors have a few more brain cells, huh?

Well, at least the kitty cat/models will still be there, cute and creepy at the same time.

Sucks that the little girl died though...and his assistant.

Great scenes with the Satanic leader, as always....

Anybody else catch the "Damian" daggers in the crypt?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
ultimately, the show is very interesting. Does it follow any kind of scripture, not really, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting. However, I bet that they don't end up saving the world, because in the previews for the next one it looked like they had the Anti-Christ. I can't wait to see the finale this wednesday!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
ultimately, the show is very interesting. Does it follow any kind of scripture, not really, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting.

But since most people have never read the Bible they are being fed that this is what the Bible says. I watched the first episode and they pick out a Bible verse and put it on the screen but it's out of context. There is danger in this also because they are presenting lies that deal with Christ and God. They also are making the show out to be stupid and unbelievable and this affects how people view God and is another show that lowers the value and reliability of God and as such reenforces that to believe in God is either unimportant or stupid.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
But since most people have never read the Bible they are being fed that this is what the Bible says. I watched the first episode and they pick out a Bible verse and put it on the screen but it's out of context. There is danger in this also because they are presenting lies that deal with Christ and God. They also are making the show out to be stupid and unbelievable and this affects how people view God and is another show that lowers the value and reliability of God and as such reenforces that to believe in God is either unimportant or stupid.

This is true. I feel the same way, and have spoken to many people about the inability of humans to decipher the crap from the rest of it. However, for those who do know what is supposed to happen, we can watch it and be entertained. Just like we can read "The Da Vinci Code," and understand that he is making up a story, and the "facts" have been twisted to fit the story. But yes, people need to start thinking for themselves, and not listening to what a 6 hour story tells them of Revelation! With that being said, I still can't believe they screwed up the Jesus thing. He didn't die, don't they understand that... our God is LIVING!

James the Lesser,
Take note of what I am about to say, it may do you some good.

The actions of a man and the will of God are two different things! Just because some asshole decided to rape a child doesn't mean God decided to do it, or told him to do it, or condones it. HE DIDN'T, DOESN'T, and NEVER WILL! Do you really think the Crusades were God's will? Don't you understand the idea of a free choise, you get to choose what you want to do. James, if you cheat on your wife at some point in your life, does that mean God wanted you to do it, or you chose to do so? Please, don't try to draw comparisons to the religion and rape, it makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about. If you want to argue about the falacies of christianity, go to Conspiracies in Religion. And for crying out loud, it is a show that is based on nothing but the mere thought of Jesus existing, essentially. Overall, I would say they did absolutely no research on the topic.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Assisted suicide nun.

Other than a cool band name, horrible plot point.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join