It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who repeatedly failed to pass teachers' exam gets over $2M for failing to pass

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
In my state, the exam is subject based. College classes will take care of your "teacher" requirements, but you have to show proficiency in the subject you wish to teach. Hence, the exam.

I assume NY is similar, and the test shows he did not know enough about the subject he wanted to teach to pass it. I am curious to know if he tried in other teaching areas. For example, after five years of failing the math test, he tried the history test, then science, etc.

Regardless, as a parent, would you want a "insert subject here" teacher, who can't pass a basic core knowledge test on that same subject, teaching your children? The answer is obvious.

If there is a problem, unfortunately, it seems the only solution ever offered by city/state officials is to lower the standards.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Seems like this is a spit in the face to other teachers who worked hard to pass their exams and spent many years to only earn a portion of what was awarded to this man for failing an exam.

People praise captalism, but it often doesn't award those who work hard. It awards those who figuare out how to play the system.

It really is not about working hard anymore. Spend your whole life working your ass off and youll end up with only a fraction of the wealth for those who learned to cheat the system.

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hey mods did my former post strike a nerve? This site has turned into a reddit like state
edit on 22-7-2023 by MaximusParvus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2023 by MaximusParvus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Did anyone ask why?

What part of it is racist? Show me why before I decide which side to take.

What is something only white people know?

Is it that whites get the answers to questions taught in school? Or is it something that's not taught in school that only whites know? I can't imagine what it would be. I mean... Are the questions about certain types of music like say, David Allan Coe or something?

I see a whole lot of arguing back and forth about this topic but I don't see anyone mentioning any details.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Addendum: 93% of those receiving a payout from the suit will be paid by adding to their regular welfare and social programs and benefit checks. Of these 4 were also winners in the State Lotto but they have pooled their resources to retain legal aid by filing suit against the state of New York for ruining their lives with free money.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timber13
Did anyone ask why?

Is it that whites get the answers to questions taught in school? Or is it something that's not taught in school that only whites know? I can't imagine what it would be. I mean... Are the questions about certain types of music like say, David Allan Coe or something?

I see a whole lot of arguing back and forth about this topic but I don't see anyone mentioning any details.

It's still a mystery why test was considered discriminatory and which part of the test is 'racist'.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Haha god I love this country. Idiots being rewarded for being idiots. If you can't pass a test then you are CLEARLY not meant to be in that field. I wouldn't want someone who can't pass the teachers test MULTIPLE times being my kids teacher. So what this guy gets rewarded for jumping on the race train. Good god I wish I had that card because my white privilege one isn't working.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Stonewaller

You speak a lot like another new user here; argumentative, rude, and condescending. Trolling is a violation of the ToCs which is what you're doing.

Anyways, I love it when the supervision ram a person of stupidity into a position they are not qualified for, happens all the time in federal service, especially in depot level repair stations. Its why unions and their awful members are nothing but commie trash imo.
edit on 23-7-2023 by inspector42 because: added more

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: inspector42
a reply to: Stonewaller

You speak a lot like another new user here; argumentative, rude, and condescending. Trolling is a violation of the ToCs which is what you're doing.

Anyways, I love it when the supervision ram a person of stupidity into a position they are not qualified for, happens all the time in federal service, especially in depot level repair stations. Its why unions and their awful members are nothing but commie trash imo.

I don't even know what this pertains to but woah. So much hypocrisy in one post.

You speak a lot like another new user here

1 - You look to be brand spanking new according to your registration date. What do you know of "another new user here"? Speaking from experience or just generalizing?

Trolling is a violation of the ToCs which is what you're doing

1.a - Unless this is a duplicate account which would be against the ToS. Correct?

rude, and condescending

2 - "ram a person of stupidity into a position they are not qualified for"
2.a - "unions and their awful members are nothing but commie trash imo"

If that's trolling, you're kinda doing the same thing.

Sorry... I just opened the thread and wanted to skip to the end a bit and this just blasted right at me.

~ Just another rude guy.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Did anyone ask why?

It's still a mystery why test was considered discriminatory and which part of the test is 'racist'.

Well that seems like it would be super important, right?

lol

And we just THOUGHT Idiocracy was just a funny movie. Are we unknowingly writing our history in some crazy Schrodinger's cat situation with words just by recording them?

You know... Once upon a time, I wrote a post on reddit some many years ago because I wanted a vette badly. It was just that... the reason I wanted a vette.

I've had 2 since. Something to it? Jim Carrey said he wrote a check to himself for a million dollars back before he was big.

Ya never know?..?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
a reply to: AlienBorg

Haha god I love this country. Idiots being rewarded for being idiots. If you can't pass a test then you are CLEARLY not meant to be in that field. I wouldn't want someone who can't pass the teachers test MULTIPLE times being my kids teacher. So what this guy gets rewarded for jumping on the race train. Good god I wish I had that card because my white privilege one isn't working.

Ha!

Discrimination my friend is the answer to everything. Doesn't matter if you took the test a hundred times and failed it.

Imagine you take your driving license test, you fail, and then you try to excuse yourself by bringing racism and inequality!

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

So looking into it, it seems you do not need a degree to start teaching and at some point, you need to finish your degree and pass the test. This takes us in the direction of which path these teachers followed of going in either the direction of accomplishing a traditional educational teaching degree first or was it more populator for minorities to start teaching first and then get any degree ASAP that the school system would accept, and then fail the test having a crappy degree that didn't help them. We all know there are easy paths to a degree that just fills a check box and offers zero in the sense of education.

edit on 29-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

And we just THOUGHT Idiocracy was just a funny movie. Are we unknowingly writing our history in some crazy Schrodinger's cat situation with words just by recording them?

The court system today is like a game of chess with no care for actual justice. We look at the Hunter Biden case where both the DOJ and the defense attorneys crafted a document that would clear Hunter of all wrongs of everything he has done forever and buried it deep in the document hoping the judge would not find it. Then we have this crazy never-ending clown world with Trump as they throw spitballs at a wall to see if something sticks. It's like they are just playing a game of chess and it comes down to who plays the better game than whether someone is actually guilty or innocent.

In this case, it seems no one put any effort into actually investigating the test or the testing program, and just backed off once the racist card was played. One would think that actual test questions would be presented in court to prove a racist component to it all. The funny part is that educational administrations are heavily filled with minorities, especially in areas that have a high percentage of minorities. I wouldn't be surprised if the people in charge of the teacher testing program have a very high percentage of minorities working there in that racist environment.

edit on 29-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So looking into it, it seems you do not need a degree to start teaching and at some point, you need to finish your degree and pass the test. This takes us in the direction of which path these teachers followed of going in either the direction of accomplishing a traditional educational teaching degree first or was it more populator for minorities to start teaching first and then get any degree ASAP that the school system would accept, and then fail the test having a crappy degree that didn't help them. We all know there are easy paths to a degree that just fills a check box and offers zero in the sense of education.

Teaching in some places don't require a degree. In other places you may have a degree which has no value. But this will have an impact on kids as anyone can understand.

The quality of educators and the quality of their degrees/education have always been a serious problem that hasn't been addressed for political reasons.

Letting everyone and anyone is schools is rather stupid. You need minimum qualifications to become a teacher in our days. But you will be fine to teach, without the need to know maths/science/philosophy, as long as you believe there are millions of genders and you can transition between them whenever it feels convenient for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Letting everyone and anyone is schools is rather stupid. You need minimum qualifications to become a teacher in our days. But you will be fine to teach, without the need to know maths/science/philosophy, as long as you believe there are millions of genders and you can transition between them whenever it feels convenient for you.

It comes down to just finding people willing to teach, not an easy job for many to stand in front of kids day in and out constantly being challenged. Then you have the pay that is like 45k to 60k. Mid 80k is like 25 years teaching and a Ph.D. The lowest person on my team that instructs is 90k and they don't even need a college degree as it is all technical.

In the end, you get what you pay for....

<< 1  2   >>

join