It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian celebrity chef bans all vegans from his restaurant!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

He has a failing business, is going tio get his visa cancelled, and he used a marketing trick to get him on the all the news channels, it worked because you're talking about some spastic pommy short order cook who is here on a dodgty visa, if he were on a dodgy visa in the US you would want him deported (in parts), but because its the other side of the world, you dogwhistle because you dont like vegans.

Would you in the US tollerate a Mexican chief not serving ginigos, or however its spelled?.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: AlienBorg

I really don't understand the argument you're making. Just because humans can eat anything, and have, doesn't mean they need to. There are plenty of studies that show most people can live a healthy live off a whole-foods plant-based diet.

It's not denying human nature either. Quite a few societies in the past lived heavily off of veggies.

I'm not even an absolutists about it either. Whatever you can do to reduce eating meat and relying on factory farming will benifit animals. I'm all for activism as people should realize where their food is coming from. However, im not a big fan of vegans who are absolutists and won't even consider reducing meat consumption and reliance on factory farming a positive.

Anything that can be done to make the world a better place is benificial. And that's at the core why people choose to become vegans.

Maybe you don't understand what an omnivore and the fact humans do need the nutrients that can be found in meat and fish.

news.harvard.edu...

Eating meat led to smaller stomachs, bigger brains. Scholar revisits her theory explaining evolution of early primates into humans

We probably are what we are because of what we started eating and continued to eat in good quantities.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I do wonder what is behind the overly righteous attitudes toward Vegetarians. It's almost like they "touched a nerve", so to speak.

If everyone simply raised their own food, a lot of the cognitive dissonance people suffer would become irrelevant. From this armchair, it seems pretty tough to produce your own food. I have a friend who's a small livestock farmer, but he just sells animals. In a pinch, I would probably go with a vegetable farm instead. As a matter of sustenance, I get it, meat is essential....but if someone chooses to go without, more power to them if they don't have to put the knife to a friendly animal.

Think about how those weak ass Buddhists, Stoics and Vulcans are able to go without meat, but internet tough guys cannot.

It's pretty funny, imo.

edit on 12-7-2023 by FlyingFox because:

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I do wonder what is behind the overly righteous attitudes toward Vegetarians. It's almost like they "touched a nerve", so to speak.

If everyone simply raised their own food, a lot of the cognitive dissonance people suffer would become irrelevant. From this armchair, it seems pretty tough to produce your own food. I have a friend who's a small livestock farmer, but he just sells animals. In a pinch, I would probably go with a vegetable farm instead. As a matter of sustenance, I get it, meat is essential....but if someone chooses to go without, more power to them if they don't have to put the knife to a friendly animal.

Think about how those weak ass Buddhists, Stoics and Vulcans are able to go without meat, but internet tough guys cannot.

It's pretty funny, imo.

edit on 12-7-2023 by FlyingFox because:

You don't have to eat mean and fish and nobody forces you.

What do you mean by cognitive dissonance and in what context did you make this comment?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I never advocated for not eating plenty of fruit, vegetable, nuts, roots, flowers etc. You make it seem like I only consume meat, I/we do not consume meat products daily, just saying. And there's other nutrients in meat that you don't get from vegetables, fruit or nuts. Omega3 for example but of course only free roaming or wild animals are really rich of those.

The craving for meat is largely due to what one has programmed their brain to desire.

Yes, and I just explained to you where this desire comes from. From the feedback loop brain gut. It's not a form of indoctrination, it's a form of learning and occurs naturally.

The argument you're making doesn't make a ton of sense. We crave things that are bad for us all the time. Take sugar for example, if you eat a high-sugar diet, you'll be craving sugary foods alot. It doesn't mean thats what the body "needs".

I also just explained this aspect to you: If it's permanent and ongoing and not just coming down from a sugar shock and countering the aftereffects with more sugar, then it is due to an imbalance in gut bacteria and can also be an effect of Candida. A fungus that hacks the brain gut communication and makes you crave sugar.

So you're argumenet falls apart in that regard.

No, they (multiple arguments) do not. I hope for Rickymouse to find this thread, he will correct any discrepancies in my explanation, but it is you that is wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
a reply to: Degradation33
Human are omnivores.

Why we are Carnivores:

edit on 13-7-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Why shouldn't vegans be taken seriously? They choose a diet because they want to reduce animal suffering.

Because the diet they are choosing, that they claim they are doing to 'reduce animal suffering', actually results in far more animal suffering than eating meat does?

How is it bad to want to reduce animal suffering? I don't get hating on people who want to make the world a better place...

They claim they want to make the world a better place, but... they then take actions that actually make it worse.

Furthermore, how are Vegans unreasonable?

See above.

If anything, the entitement goes to meat-eaters who can't even be bothered to considered the harms of factory farming because it interfers with the pleasure of their tastebuds. If you're going to eat meat, at least have some respect for those that choose not to because they want animals to be treated better.

Those who support regenerative farming practices are the ones who are truly and actually making the world a better place, so how's about supporting them?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You don't have to agree with how some vegan activists act, but that doesn't mean the main message of veganism is wrong. They are only trying to reduce animal suffering.

It is wrong. The vegan way causes far more animal suffering, because it kills and maims far more animals than animal husbandry ever has.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: TDDAgain

Vegan or vegetarianism is pretty healthy if done right.

The devil is in the details. It is essentially impossible to be healthy long term on a vegan diet without a whole lot of supplementation. And this reality is proof that veganism is not the way humans have evolved to eat.

Eating processed and junk food with not enough protein is the issue.

This is why everyone who starts a vegan diet after years of the SAD feel better at first - it isn't because of what they are eating, its because of what they stopped eating.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

There are plenty of studies that show most people can live a healthy live off a whole-foods plant-based diet.

There are ZERO studies proving that claim.

There are a whole lot of bogos observational nonsense papers masquerading as studies that purport to show some associations. But not one single study.

It's not denying human nature either. Quite a few societies in the past lived heavily off of veggies.

Those have been shown to be mostly fraudulent as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Sure, plant-based "meat" is not natural. But whole food legumes, nuts, beans, leafy greens, grains, ect.. are

And none of them provide complete proteins, and the vast majority of the proteins and other nutrients in them are not assimilable by humans due to the fact that they also contain large amounts of anti-nutrients, and they are also loaded with naturally occurring pesticides and toxins (like oxalates, phytates, gluten, etc)

The craving for meat is largely due to what one has programmed their brain to desire.

BS.

Humans have evolved over the last few million years to be obligate hyper-carnivores... deal with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why the hell do people care if someone wants to be vegan or not! It's tbrir life, and it's up to them what the hell is the issue here? How does this affect you if someone is vegan? That's right, it does not affect you, so what is the point here exactly?

What the hell has happend to this site!

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Maybe you don't understand what an omnivore and the fact humans do need the nutrients that can be found in meat and fish.

There are a lot of nutrients in fatty red meat that you simply cannot get from any plant or combination of plants.

There are ZERO nutrients in any one or combination of plants that you cannot get from fatty red meat.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

There are a lot of nutrients in fatty red meat that you simply cannot get from any plant or combination of plants.

There are ZERO nutrients in any one or combination of plants that you cannot get from fatty red meat.

Who cares! If people want yo be vegan, then what's the problem! Just like if someone has a meat diet?

Who bloody cares!

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JumpTheGun76
Why the hell do people care if someone wants to be vegan or not! It's tbrir life, and it's up to them what the hell is the issue here? How does this affect you if someone is vegan? That's right, it does not affect you, so what is the point here exactly?

A bit of a strawman btw.

Nobody cares what they choose to eat.
But I care when they choose to go on a moral crusade via activism trying to impose their 'values' or even trying to make legislations work in their favour. Something like the trans lobby or the climate change lobby.
edit on 13-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

A bit of a strawman btw.

But I care when they choose to go on a moral crusade via activism trying to impose their 'values' or even trying to make legislations work in their favour. Something like the trans lobby or the climate change lobby.

Yet again goh are generalising. Ate you saying all vegans do this? Nope, they do not! What you are doing is using the same brush on all vegans! I see that a lot on here! It's backwards thinking!

I remember having a debate with a dog lover saying we should nuke China because they eat dogs! What was hd doing? He was generalising! Because some Chinese eat dogs, that mean all Chinese eat dogs!

See what I am getting at here?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
Who cares! If people want yo be vegan, then what's the problem! Just like if someone has a meat diet?

Who bloody cares!

Did I offend?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Who bloody cares!

Did I offend?

Why should I be offended, I am not vegan nor a vegetarian. Its just a stupid debate! People are free to eat what they want to eat! Who cares!

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Who bloody cares!

Did I offend?

Why should I be offended, I am not vegan nor a vegetarian. Its just a stupid debate! People are free to eat what they want to eat! Who cares!

Again you are doing the strawman.

Remember what I told you a few replies back?

But I care when they choose to go on a moral crusade via activism trying to impose their 'values' or even trying to make legislations work in their favour. Something like the trans lobby or the climate change lobby

Then you threw another strawman.
You said not all vegans are like that and you ignored we don't blame all vegans. You're not doing well in debates.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Oh really? Let's look at some of your quotes of you genralising shall we!

I don't think vegans should be taken seriously due to their very unrealistic expectations and their dogmatic views

Vegans feel entitled and make unreasonable demands. You can't just ask every restaurant to accommodate you when there so few of them and no financial benefit for the business.

Now, let's see some quotes of you putting down vegans, just because they are different to you!

Veganism has become a cult.

Vegans deny human nature

Human are omnivores.
Without eating meat we would have never evolved to what we're now. These guys will fail a basic biology test and should not be taken seriously.

humans are omnivores.

So, please do not pretend you are just targeting these activists, because from the quotes above, you are clearly not!

edit on 13-7-2023 by JumpTheGun76 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join