It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How We Got Here....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Oh, it's plenty healthy.

All you need do is live your own life, not minding others business for them.

All you need do is keep your self-righteousness in check, and, hey, life is actually pretty good.

But, too many seem to think that those two things are downright impossible to do...more fools they.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
When Newt Gingrich led the house of representatives in the 90's, I specifically remember he was so happy that the democrats controlled the house, the senate and the white house. I remember a speech he gave in the house, something to the effect that they would never lose control of the government again.
I remember him saying that they were going to load to the supreme court, put their allies in positions within government agencies and they would spare no cost. I remember him saying something to the effect of "we are going to buy the government and there is nothing anyone can do to stop us."
For years I have searched so many records and videos for this speech but it simply does not exist.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

I think you meant the GOP, not the Democrats...

But I seem to recall that speech, as well...vaguely.

As is too often the case, he forgot that what's on top today, isn't tomorrow. With payback on the agenda...unfortunately.

These days, that's all the govt. is for--PAYBACK, against the enemy. Whoever that is...usually some one who dares to disagree with what ever the orthodoxy of the day is.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks for posting the article. That was a good read.

Kinda funny though because my husband were talking about the Weather Underground and the Chicago 7 just a few days ago, along these lines. Gives me lots to ponder, but I don't have much to add.

Maybe just this. As a nation and a republic, we haven't done a great job of living up to our own standards and ideals from the start. Don't get me wrong, I think our founding principles are the best in the world, and our founding fathers were brilliant, and We The People have done our best to be the moral and independent people we were meant to be. We didn't screw it up.

As usual, I will default to my default: If the Feds are involved, they're to blame.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You're spot on.

Not much more need be said, at least not from me. You covered it quite nicely.

Thanks.

Easily the best, and most concise explanation.
And the beauty of it: it took decades.
And many of us didn't notice, weren't all that concerned, thought it couldn't happen here----until it is [almost] too late.

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yeah.
I grew up going to and working in libraries. The Dewey Decimal System and all.
I have to wonder how I had never heard of his Marxist, Progressive leanings until two or so years ago?

Then, the joys of Woodrow Wilson.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   

We are at a point where humans realize that continuing the way that led us here is complete folly, going back is never an option if not imposed by some blackswan event.
so it's only forward but we are to stuck in our boxes with it's restraints.

It's a generational thing to, I'm concerned how some extremely conservative people are going to make our generation look. We shouldn't be the ones that oppose the youth in such future defining times, it's not ours after all...

Where we go, the experience the old have has little to no value.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
".... a representative republic..
... Subversion of the language...

you are a fantastic comedian, watchitburn! such a fun, subversive word-game:
--"representative republic" means Republicans=good
--"not a democracy" means Democrats=bad

it's right there in the name! SEEEEE?!?!
________
genuine question for those of you who accept this embarrassing line of argument: what, exactly, do you think the words "We the People" refer to?

hint: it starts with a 'D'.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

Ooh, I triggered a commie.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm 58 years old about to be 59 and know this is purely anecdotal, as well as it's at 4:30 on a Sunday morning, and I can't get back to sleep.

My kids are now in their early 30s their generation was the first one that started believing the government would truly act in their best interests, and that corporations identified with them and would do what is right instead of protecting their bottom line at all costs. They began to have an interest in and pay attention to politics and they voted when overwhelmingly their parents, my generation didn't, hell none of my contemporaries from the bookworms, jocks, stoners, and the rest trusted the government or corporations. We all pretty much believed it was a dog-eat-dog world, just try and carve out your little niche in this world but whatever you accomplished it was all on you.

My children's generation did this because my generation collectively saw the influence of the traditional nuclear family tip below the 50th percentile, all the while even basic or minor belief in the ideas of TTC crumbled. While that all faded away like dust in the wind, they were bombarded with all kinds of pharmaceuticals for every pain, ailment, feeling, or emotion. These we used liberally and constantly by our trusted doctors till huge portions of demographics that used to only mostly be strung out on booze now have all kinds of opiates to be hopelessly addicted to.

It's such a huge swing in public perception, we have lost our balance, and the proper perspective. We are just seeing a generation or 2 trying to recenter itself, and collectively they likely have fewer coping skills, possibly less corrupt but more naive than previous generations. They are adapting though, hell in some ways it would seem they thrive on the chaos. THANKFULLY I've been blessed with intelligent, well-adjusted, and motivated daughters, they both are doing better off than their parents were at the same stage, My ex and I were basically "fake it till you make it mode"

Let's also remember this generation isn't as drawn toward religion, faith, or the church in times of need. They have no safety net, while they walk the high wire. They have no faith in the previous generations, justified or not, yet...the one thing they do look towards to save them is older and out of touch as any person, entity, OR institution ever.

No wonder the world has gone to hell, collectively we have got to wait for the little dumbasses to learn "the Man" TPTB, Corn Pop, the DNC, the RNC, CDC, FDIC, MIC, etc, isn't on their side.

I've been on Twitter more recently, it's gonna be a while.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   

That's a nice myth, goes down like hemp oils. We could blame others for the system of capitalist relations all day, but the communist manifest seems to be more actual than ever regardless.

[...]
On what foundation is the present family, the bourgeois family, based? On capital, on private gain. In its completely developed form, this family exists only among the bourgeoisie. But this state of things finds its complement in the practical absence of the family among the proletarians,
and in public prostitution.
The bourgeois family will vanish as a matter of course when its complement vanishes, and both will vanish with the vanishing of capital.
Do you charge us with wanting to stop the exploitation of children by their parents? To this crime we plead guilty.
But, you say, we destroy the most hallowed of relations, when we replace home education by social.
And your education! Is not that also social, and determined by the social conditions under which you educate, by the intervention direct or indirect, of society, by means of schools, &c.? The Communists have not invented the intervention of society in education; they do but seek to alter the character of that intervention, and to rescue education from the influence of the ruling class.[...]

How's that for "real clear politics"?

edit on 9-7-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

No, it doesn't start with a "D". That's just stupidly divisive rhetoric straight out of the DNC playbook.

...and, no, it doesn't start with an "R", either. That would be just as stupidly divisive.

Until you, and a host of others on "both sides" realize that there should only be one side--with room left for honest debate--nothing is going to change.

Or y'all can continue to buy into the false narrative that's being sold to you.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp

originally posted by: watchitburn
".... a representative republic..
... Subversion of the language...

you are a fantastic comedian, watchitburn! such a fun, subversive word-game:
--"representative republic" means Republicans=good
--"not a democracy" means Democrats=bad

it's right there in the name! SEEEEE?!?!
________
genuine question for those of you who accept this embarrassing line of argument: what, exactly, do you think the words "We the People" refer to?

hint: it starts with a 'D'.

Fun fact: You won't find that D word in the constitution, but you will find the R word.

Hint: Article 4, Section 4.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Everybody thinks they are their own God now and the collective idea which society depended upon for its very survival is eroding at a rapid pace. Change is enivitable and that makes most older people fearful and spiteful. It explains why so many change towards a more conservative view of the World the closer they get to their end of it. People just love the "good ol' days" without contemplating that it was those same good ol' days which has brought us here in the first place?

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Fun fact...they don't care.
Only in today's society does one open pandoras box.
Context means many much things.
If we take the Founding Fathers at their words then the world you live in would be much different. Best learn that know. Or forever be stuck in the past.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by FactorFake2023 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

A myth? Somehow, I don't think so.....
And on top of Ayers etal, we have these Fabians: Wolves in Sheep Clothing...ATS thread

You might want to consider broadening your horizons about the new evils in the world.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Fun fact...they don't care. Only in today's society does one open pandoras box. Context means many much things. If we take the Founding Fathers at their words then the world you live in would be much different. Best learn that know. Or forever be stuck in the past.

You don't fully understand what that means. And that is concerning considering you just threw that out. You with that don't help the Republican party. The way you threw that out tells me you don't know what you're fighting for.

Can you expound on either of the above posts. I have no idea what you're on about, but I do understand full well what I posted.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah.
I grew up going to and working in libraries. The Dewey Decimal System and all.
I have to wonder how I had never heard of his Marxist, Progressive leanings until two or so years ago?

I loved going to the library as a kid...and as an adult. Now I go there more for the genealogical section.

Those Marxist, progressive leanings were obscured better in the past. That, and we weren't taught what to look for. Now, it's in our faces daily. No mistaking it.

Then, the joys of Woodrow Wilson.

Indeed!
edit on 7/9/2023 by Klassified because: oopsie

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join