It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents' rights groups are the newest addition to 'Hate and Extremism' report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Full title is : "Parents' rights groups are the newest addition to Southern Poverty Law Center's 'Hate and Extremism' report"

It wasn't that many years ago that teachers were encouraging parents to become more involved in their children's education. Progress reports, e-mails back and forth and sometimes daily progress reports on kids having trouble with some subjects. Parents and teachers working together so kids could get the most from their education. They wanted parents to be involved.
I collect fossils and I can remember going to my kids school to show them and tell them a bit about each one.
The Megalodon tooth was always a big hit.

Well, all that sure has changed. Now they want a hands off approach when it comes to your own kids. "We'll teach them what WE think they should know and you just butt out".
Parents are not taking it well and I don't blame them. The thing is, if you have a problem with the agenda the school is pushing and speak out, you're an extremist.
It's hate speech.
It's wrong think.
If you oppose them, you're just as bad as the KKK or a Nazi.
You're supposed to just sit back and keep your mouth shut and let the schools fill your kids head with whatever THEY think is right.

This comes from Southern Poverty Law Center, so you can take this with a whole block of salt. They pass themselves off as neutral but are obviously hard Left Wing supporters.

www.foxnews.com...

A new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) lists some parents’ rights organizations as "hate and anti-government groups" akin to neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan.

With the release of their "Year In Hate and Extremism 2022" report on Tuesday, SPLC appeared to change their infamous "Hate Map" to now be a map of "hate and antigovernment groups." After counting 733 "hate groups" in 2021, the number increased to 1225 "hate and antigovernment extremist groups" in the 2022 report, many of which were focused on education.

According to the new SPLC report, schools "have been on the receiving end of ramped-up and coordinated hard-right attacks." After being "spurred by the right-wing backlash to COVID-19 public safety measures," parental rights groups appeared to have "grown into an anti-student inclusion movement that targets any inclusive curriculum that contains discussions of race, discrimination and LGBTQ identities."

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   
JPLC is basically a hatewatch group.

Civil rights lawyers Morris Dees and Joseph Levin Jr. founded the SPLC in 1971 to ensure that the promise of the civil rights movement became a reality for all. Since then, we’ve won numerous landmark legal victories on behalf of the exploited, the powerless and the forgotten.

Our lawsuits have toppled institutional racism and stamped out remnants of Jim Crow segregation; destroyed some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups; and protected the civil rights of children, women, the disabled, immigrants and migrant workers, the LGBTQ community, prisoners, and many others who faced discrimination, abuse or exploitation.

Our Intelligence Project is internationally known for tracking and exposing the activities of hate groups and other domestic extremists.

Learning for Justice provides free resources to caregivers and educators—teachers, administrators, counselors and other practitioners—who work with children from kindergarten through high school. Educators use the materials to supplement the curriculum, to inform their practices, and to create civil and inclusive school communities where children and youth are respected, valued and welcome participants.

We also built and maintain the Civil Rights Memorial and its interpretive center, the Civil Rights Memorial Center, in Montgomery, Alabama, the birthplace of the modern civil rights movement.

We’re based in Montgomery and have offices in Atlanta, Tallahassee, Miami, New Orleans, and Jackson, Mississippi.

www.splcenter.org...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Are BLM, ANTIFA or any Left Wing group on their "Hatewatch" ?
Seems like it's only "hate" when a Conservative speaks out.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

They actually only mention right-wing extremism not conservatism on their website.

The question everyone needs to ask is who gets to decide what children are taught in schools. That's the crux of the problem.

If the majority of parents at a school say 'yes' to diversity and inclusion subject matter, then where does that leave the minority? Well, from what I've seen the minority have the freedom to opt their children out of learning any diversity and inclusion subject matter.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
SPLC is basically a hate group.

allow me an edit.
I thought they lost credibility years ago. apparently the progs use them when convenient.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

SPLC is basically a hate group.

allow me an edit.
I thought they lost credibility years ago. apparently the progs use them when convenient.

Opinions aren't facts.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What does this do to the PTA? Sounds like parent's groups need organizing, funding and some lawyers along with a PR program that can get in with the media outlets to change their image that is being imposed on them.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

.... with a extreme amount of tribalisum and bias.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The question everyone needs to ask is who gets to decide what children are taught in schools. That's the crux of the problem.

If the majority of parents at a school say 'yes' to diversity and inclusion subject matter, then where does that leave the minority? Well, from what I've seen the minority have the freedom to opt their children out of learning any diversity and inclusion subject matter.

The minority also get to protest ... as loud as they want ... and not be labeled a hate group as a result.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

... or with an extreme amount of experience and just cause.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

The minority also get to protest ... as loud as they want ... and not be labeled a hate group as a result.

When they do hate crimes like burning flags on school property, then, yes that is labelled a hate crime.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Ok so we have established;

SPLC is basically a hatewatch group; with a extreme amount of tribalisum and bias; and with an extreme amount of experience and just cause.

Sounds about right to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

When they do hate crimes like burning flags on school property, then, yes that is labelled a hate crime.

No burning flags isn't a hate crime; its been a legitimate form of protest in this country for a very long time.

It doesn't suddenly become a hate crime because the previously established triblistic and biased SPLG doesn't like the group doing it this time.
edit on 7-6-2023 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

SPLC is basically a hatewatch group; with a extreme amount of tribalisum and bias; and with an extreme amount of experience and just cause.

Don't include me in your 'we' assessments.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:28 AM
link   

No burning flags isn't a hate crime; its been a legitimate form of protest in this country for a very long time.

It doesn't suddenly become a hate crime because the previously established triblistic and biased SPLG doesn't like the group doing it this time.

Well, it is considered a hate crime depending on the method and intent.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Why not you helped me establish that description over several posts above.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Why not you helped me establish that description over several posts above.

You helped yourself construe your version of that description.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

"They actually only mention right-wing extremism not conservatism on their website."

Seems like you said that they are biased, so yes you helped come to that description
edit on 7-6-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Well, it is considered a hate crime depending on the method and intent.

Nope; flag burning is a legitimate form of protest in this country for a very long time.

It is often carried out by the prevailing countercultures in society having very few alternate means to demonstrate their influence.

The interesting thing is; for most of the last century the liberal portion of our society was the dominant counterculture protesting the more conservative establishment. Now that the more wealthy liberals have all but taken the position of the establishment in this country; and conservatives now become the counterculture; suddenly "protesting" is seen as a crime.

It's actually a shame really; if the liberal counterculture of the past grow into an inclusive establishment with the ideals they claimed to possess the country would be in a much better place right now. Instead they are demonstrating that even a liberal establishment can be repressive with totalitarian tendencies. Power corrupts I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

"They actually only mention right-wing extremism not conservatism on their website."

Seems like you said that they are biased, so yes you helped come to that description

How do you see bias, can you provide us with an in-depth description?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join