It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Jorge1986s

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: linda72

I have to agree, this is just bonkers.

No one seems to use the term "Political Correctness" any more.

This is PC gone mad.

I blame the Snowflake generation.

The folks on Reddit are saying that she is a transphobic with an agenda and just trying to stir up sh**.

That's because the "folks on Reddit" are, in large part, lunatic sheep that support the current thing the TV tells them to support.

Those who looked into this person's background said that she is transphobic and has an agenda, the sheeple were the ones jumping onboard the sh** wagon.

If she is the biggest transphobic person on the planet, it matters not. The words on her paper matter in this context. And the words in question are "Biological female". If she didn't write the paper, or the professor didn't grade it like this, then you would have a point. If not, you don't.

Nobody here has a point because we don't have all the facts from both sides.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This situation has gone very far but we need to ask ourselves how we allowed it to go that far.

From 1950 through 1990, 90% of Americans identified as Christian, about 4% as irreligious. Then The 90's. And a large percentage of kids raised on 1990's PC assemblies grew up and taught their children a more refined version. While some retained the old ways, more took the 90's lite version and ran with it.

As a result, today 63% identify as Christian and about 22% as irreligious and the democrat and PC are synonymous with each-other. I think this is a process of younger people replacing the older ones lost from society and then voting party lines.

For every senior of the baby boom or older generation that goes, they are replaced in culture by a higher percentage of PC children. As time goes on, and younger replaces older, you see a shift in opinion.

How it got this way was people failed to avert the initial 90's PC movements from talking hold. Back then it was MTV doing the "It's the 90's" thing. A new decade with an open mindset. A PC mind.

Had people stopped it THERE it would have never bred the generation of adults that influence politics today.

It's not like it came out of nowhere. Before the 90's, there was the empowerment 70's, the hippie 60's, Rosie in the 40's, and the flappers of the 20's.

The bigger question is, can the fundamentalist Christian method take back what has happened without forcing people? Possibly causing an even more woke response. Maybe it will get old by then, anyway? Companies and their shareholders have taken notice. Will that be enough?

If America elects DeSantis they will have chosen to try. But I think It will take a deathgrip on people's minds to change them if he wins. Undoing the PC in modern urban culture will be as hard as getting a town of 240 in rural America to close its lone Presbyterian church.
edit on 2-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm a current college student. I would definitely not be going if I didn't have the GI Bill to pay for it, because a 4-year degree in this country is not worth the paper it's printed on.

I've taken classes from 3 different colleges. None of them are community colleges. The grading standards are abysmal. They might as well just sell you the degree outright, because they absolutely do not ensure that you actually learned anything. And many courses are full of left-wing propaganda. Some courses more than others. The only ones that don't really have any are math classes.

Employers are starting to require more than a bachelors degree because they know anyone can get one and it doesn't mean anything. All these universities care about is getting your money. They set the bar so low because they don't want anyone failing out because if you fail out and don't finish your 4 years they don't make as much money.

Instead of going to the government, these young people should be going after these predatory universities. A massive class-action lawsuit is in order.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Colleges need money. Students who are "normal" should stay away from schools that are NOT traditional normal. Or, if you're already there...transfer. Take your money elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

In the before times, the long ago. . . heteronormativity used to be the term for normal.

And people liked it.

But that was back when men had outies and the gals had innies.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In the before times, the long ago. . . heteronormativity used to be the term for normal.

And people liked it.

What's next? Men making sandwiches? Men folding clothes??

I won't stand for it!!

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Academia needs extensively purged. The rot and corruption present in that class will be the final nail in the coffin for Western Civilisation.

We will enter a new Dark Age because scientific fact and objective reality are offensive to the new de-facto state religion.

The only silver lining is that the Chinese will likely carry the torch of actual human progress, so humanity isn't doomed as a whole. Much like the Arabs did for the first Dark Age.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jorge1986s

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And people liked it.

What's next? Men making sandwiches? Men folding clothes??

I won't stand for it!!

you will and you will stand in the damn kitchen if you know what's good for you.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This is PC gone mad.

The folks on Reddit are saying that she is a transphobic with an agenda and just trying to stir up sh**.
As opposed to a transPERSON with an agenda and just trying to stir up sh**

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

This is PC gone mad.

As opposed to a transPERSON with an agenda and just trying to stir up sh**

People checked her background and that was their (multiple people) consensus add to that that she won't give any comments to anyone and we don't have the other side of the story, so no we need more information, is all I am pointing out.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

So the prof comments on her paper aren't enough? Why does the student's political leanings matter in the least? Don't CIS and biological mean the same thing? Would her paper have been valid, as the professor said, had she used the newspeak word 'CIS' instead?
edit on 6/2/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So the prof comments on her paper aren't enough? Why does the student's political leanings matter in the least? Don't CIS and biological mean the same thing? Would her paper have been valid, as the professor said, had she used the newspeak word 'CIS' instead?

It's controlling speech.

It's actually quite evil.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Those are the questions we all want answered by the prof. Where is the prof's side of things so we can make an informed opinion (long shot).

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Those are the questions we all want answered by the prof. Where is the prof's side of things so we can make an informed opinion (long shot).

Unless the student is lying about the comments being written by her professor, then Im going to call them the 'prof's side of things' until she says something different.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Unless the student is lying about the comments being written by her professor, then Im going to call them the 'prof's side of things' until she says something different.

She is refusing to comment further, so we have nothing to go on but her word, which I don't take anyone's word for it without hearing the other side.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So you are saying the reddit researchers have demonstrated that the student is indeed transphobic.

OP said they expected this to be said soon enough.

edit on 6/2/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: half blind old lady that cant spell either

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

She didn't deny writting the comment on the paper with the zero grade, then?

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

She didn't deny writting the comment on the paper with the zero grade, then?

That's not the issue, the issue is whether or not she has an agenda or the professor has an agenda, so far we don't have both sides.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

We do have both sides. We have the comment on the paper that is evidence of the professors opinion and why she gave the student a zero for a good paper, which is further evidence of an agenda driven judgement about the students otherwise good paper.
edit on 6/2/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

We do have both sides. We have the comment on the paper that is evidence of the professors opinion and why she gave the student a zero for a good paper, which is further evidence of an agenda driven judgement about the students otherwise good paper.

I want the prof. to explain that comment because we really don't know the context of all of this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join