It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The Beer Wars Begin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My common every day sort of beer is Heineken. My hot summer day beer is an ice cold Mickeys Malt Liquor. My beer of choice for a treat is St. Bernardus Abt 12. I like just about all the St. Bernardus beers, but 12 and 4 really do it for me.

Westvleteren is the best beer on Earth, has very limited production, is very expensive, and is hard to get. St. Bernardus is about as close as you can get to Westvleteren imo, and costs less than Chimay which is nowhere near as good.

Let the bud brains knock themselves out with their little scrap. It won't bother me one damn bit.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
All beer tastes like rat piss to me. Hypothetically of course, that is the only conceivable liquid I would imagine tastes worse. So I don't particularly care outside of mild amusement.

But I always enjoy seeing corporations get screwed. Especially as a direct popular reaction to their unrivalled arrogance and hubris.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: M5xaz

Tell me you're a incel without telling me you're an incel.

Tell me you're an idiot without telling me you're an idiot.

Not insulting your own customer base = Marketing 101

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

JOKE'S ON YOU! Rat piss is actually delicious. Slightly floral with nice earthy notes and a hint of dark chocolate finish.... So I've been told....

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

When it comes to Belgian beers, Westvleteren is definitely great, but it no longer holds the title of Best in the World.

I'd say Pliny probably now holds the title.

In my personal opinion, it's not the best beer I've had. It's not even the best in its category. But in terms of quality to notoriety it's probably at the top these days.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Calling a woman you've never met a bitch three times in a light hearted thread because of single YouTube video = Incel

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Calling a woman you've never met a bitch three times in a light hearted thread because of single YouTube video = Incel

Bawahahahahahahahaahaha.
I have THREE sons, hardly an incel, and a much healthier lifestyle than being a VD infected slut per your avatar.

Bitch: a malicious, spiteful, and/or overbearing woman

Alissa Heinerscheid, the Bud lite VP , meets all three of the above qualifiers, based on her own interview video. Ergo, she is a bitch, however much it may hurt your feelings. Based on the reported loss in sales of Bud light, you can add incompetent.

Fact you seemingly cannot grasp that she caused millions in lost sales makes you an idiot.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The literal meaning is a female dog.

When one says “b!tch” we don’t really mean she’s a female dog so the intent of the slang meaning is self evident.

Sort of like Champagne is a great bubbly.
It’s also slang for meaning excellence.

So saying she’s the “B!tch of Budweiser” is just like claiming that Miller is the “Champagne of Beer”.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

out by Belgium even though the cans were Germany bound.

That's great, I see the Belgians have our back and prevent #ty beer being imported to my country.

And Budweiser tastes like old socks.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah there has to be a problem, ABinbev is doing $2 off instant rebate right now in my area and they still are not moving. $2 off sticker on everything 12,18 30 pack...
edit on 22-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
If I had to pick one of the common beers, I would drink something from Modelo or Guinness,

originally posted by: JinMI
When I drink, I drink Guiness or whisky. No specific brand.

Bad news for you guys...

J&B owns Guinness.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The Champagne designation in Europe can ONLY apply to sparkling wine made to the Dom Perignon method from grapes grown in the Champagne region of France and Belgium.

America gets an opt out thanks to the treaty of Versailles. (The one that ended the 1st World War).
So while in the US you can have Brooklyn champagne and Tallahassee champagne, in Europe you can only sell champagne that meets the proper definition, everything else has to be sparkling wine.

Maybe the whole bud light getting destroyed thing is gonna be good for you over there, I imagine its a pretty ropey beer anyway.

Anyway using the word Champagne when they had no right to is why that beer got crushed nothing to do with Bud light and chix with dix

edit on 47pSun, 23 Apr 2023 04:46:47 -050020232023-04-23T04:46:47-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: addendum

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Meh, guess its just whisky

They wont miss my meager contributions anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Walking down the beer isle at Wal Mart on Friday, I saw every brand almost sold out except for Bud/Bud Light/Coors etc.

The market is working as intended. Bud Light spent decades coming up with great commercials and catering to the redneck/construction worker/good 'ol boys and then just had to virtue signal by getting Mulvaney to back their brand and alienate the customer base.

Now they are paying the price.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Beer is no good if you drink too much.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BecomeImmortalBeings
Wrong, it get's better the more you drink.

"Hopfn' und Malz, Gott, erhalts!"

"Hops and malt, God, preserve it!"

Bavaria was here.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BecomeImmortalBeings
Beer is no good if you drink too much.

I respectfully disagree.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The war between Budlight and Miller Lite has been forever, it was like the battle between good and evil to someone who lived in the same community that Kid Rock did, and that area of Detroit was all red necks, Little Kentucky basically. I know this very well, they promoted this corporate swill by pitting each brand against the other in blue collar suburbia.

Regardless of this trans controversy, craft and micro brews blow AB and Miller off the map and would win this war hands down. I stand by our Michigan craft and micro brews, the extra few dollars a six pack is totally worth having real beer instead of corporate piss water that they try to pass off as beer.

ETA: Better yet, learn how to brew beer and become a home brewer. 5 gals will get you two cases. You can join a local brew club to share and learn more. All you need is fresh water, malted barley, hops and yeast for ingredients. Equipment: Brew kettle, fermentation buckets, bottles, caps and a few other things. If all else fails, the home brewer must keep beer alive, not to mention unpasteurized, the way God meant it to be.

edit on 23-4-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Walking down the beer isle at Wal Mart on Friday, I saw every brand almost sold out except for Bud/Bud Light/Coors etc. .

FWIW I have noticed that as well the last few times I have gone to the grocery store.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I never did drink Bud Light. I had a brief Budweiser period in high school. I don't like Coors either.

If I had to pick one of the common beers, I would drink something from Modelo or Guinness,

Modelo is AB Inbev tranny beer.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join