It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The Beer Wars Begin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
As we're all aware, protests have emerged against Bud Light after they posted a YouTube video including trans icon Dylan Mulvaney.

This video has produced such rational responses like a faux redneck from Detroit shooting multiple cases and a well adjusted man-child destroying cases of Busch (?) In Walmart.

For those not aware, Bud Light is produced by Anheuser Busch, who is owned by Belgian company AB InBev.

It appears that the Belgians may have fired a return shot. Earlier this week Belgian customs crushed nearly 1,000 cases of Miller High Life. The reasoning being that High Life's slogan, "The Champagne of Beer," was false advertising.

While the request for the cans destruction officially came from the joint trade association Comité Champagne due to infringement on the protected Champagne label, it certainly seems coincidental that the request came now despite Miller using the slogan for over 100 years and the destruction was carried out by Belgium even though the cans were Germany bound.

It will be interesting to see if this is a one time occurrence or if these are the opening shots of an international beer war.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
France, which is where the region of Champagne is, does an exceptional job protecting the name. They make sure that no one produces a product and calls it Champagne if it didn't come from their region. Miller isn't claiming to produce Champagne. They're just complimenting the French. Belgium is just acting out.

edit on 4-22-2023 by LogicalGraphitti because: ETA

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I never did drink Bud Light. I had a brief Budweiser period in high school. I don't like Coors either.

If I had to pick one of the common beers, I would drink something from Modelo or Guinness,

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'm anti war.

When I drink, I drink Guiness or whisky. No specific brand.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A craft tequila distiller has come out with a very interesting 420 spirit, with the effect that harkens back to the old 714 days.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Amidst the rumors that Budweiser will not be allowed to participate in Octoberfest for the first time in over 75 years because woke=retarded......

Although to be honest, the times I attended when I lived in Germany Bud products were approved for people under the age of 13 there because of its low alcohol content.

This isn't a "war" with beer companies over their product.

It's political.

I have no dog in the fight... I've always made my own beer and am comfortable with my recipes.

It is still pretty funny to watch though.

edit on 000000004America/Chicago4pmSat, 22 Apr 2023 20:55:41 -050055 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
A craft tequila distiller has come out with a very interesting 420 spirit, with the effect that harkens back to the old 714 days.

I make a rather nice amber beer at 9 points that includes an ounce of Maui per every five gallon brew...

My kids call it cross fade.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: olaru12

I make a rather nice amber beer at 9 points that includes an ounce of Maui per every five gallon brew...

My kids call it cross fade.

Now you're talkin!! I'll bet it does cross/fade. Same with the 420 Tequila, makes ya wanna dance the Kizomba in the back seat of a Suburu.
edit on 22-4-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well but Budweiser calling itself beer is false advertising.

---------> gotcha.

This was obviously over cash and not ones love for lambic!

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheReaversChain

It is technically a beer.

Just not a good one, although it does have its fan base.

That they pissed off.

So again, this whole thing is fun to watch.

While drinking a cross fade.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
T
edit on 22-4-2023 by TheReaversChain because: Ech

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

edit on 22-4-2023 by TheReaversChain because: Sorry

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Oh my, I don't think the company will be hurting since they don't import into the EU (why would they, they cannot compete with German beer)

www.jsonline.com...

At the request of the trade body defending the interests of houses and growers of the northeastern French sparkling wine, Belgian customs crushed more than 2,000 cans of Miller High Life advertised as such.

The Comité Champagne asked for the destruction of a shipment of 2,352 cans on the grounds that the century-old motto used by the American brewery infringes on the protected designation of origin “Champagne.”

Molson Coors Beverage Co., which owns the Miller High Life brand, does not currently export it to the EU, and Belgian customs declined to say who had ordered the beer.

The buyer in Germany “was informed and did not contest the decision,” the trade organization said in a statement.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

This topic defines the petty world we live in.

Let’s put this into context and ZOOM UP.

The average human being on this planet lives a little less than 73 years.

www.macrotrends.net...#:~:text=The%20life%20expectancy%20for%20World,a%200.24%25%20increase%20from%202019.

Do you think anyone that supports this movement - will give a flying fu## about it in 10 years from now?

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 22-4-2023 by TheReaversChain because: G2g

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There's a fairly local brewery that was bought up by AB InBev strictly because they wanted their lager so they could ship it to Europe.

Even though Molson claims they don't ship High Life to Europe, the fact they were easily able to ship that many cans there kind of defeats that claim.

It takes a lot of work to distribute outside your state. It takes a ridiculous amount of work to distribute to another country. I can't imagine Molson has the paperwork in place if it's not profitable.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Belgium did Germany a favor by saving them the time it would have taken to dump out all of that Champagne of Pisswater™. I wouldn't drop a deuce in a toilet filled with miller, the risk of splashback touching me would be too great.
edit on 4/22/23 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Boy, Budweiser officials are not that smart. They bought a thousand cases of Miller beer to crush. Seems like they are supporting the competition...Miller officials must be overjoyed to see how supportive that Budweiser is in making Miller sales increase.

Those people who are shooting Budweiser had to buy the beer to shoot it...seems kind of counterproductive of boycotting the beer.

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Awwwwww.....poor poor leftist victim, all upset and shyte about Bud lite being rejected by its' customer base.
Cry me a river

For better or worse, the majority of the existing customer base are the very "fratty boys" the bitch Budweiser VP was openly condemning.

So your "solution" is that those customers should just take it being shat on by that arrogant bitch, shut up and keep buying the beer ?

Customers are her slaves and have to do as the bitch says ?
Just how delusional are you ?

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Tell me you're a incel without telling me you're an incel.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join