It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Matt Walsh's phone and accounts have been hacked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Probably activist employees with one or more of the tech companies involved.

I imagine the throngs of unemployed woke tech workers have plenty of time on their hands for these things.

From another thread of mine a few weeks ago it was revealed that one of the fact checkers and moderators on twitter who was responsible for moderating 'hateful content' was a transwoman who has banned many accounts on the basis of 'hate speech' as these accounts stated facts such as sex is binary and transwomen are men.

Fortunately many of these accounts have been reinstated and the fact checker was fired.
edit on 20-4-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Stuff like that has happened a lot. Personally, I'm a huge fan of letting people say whatever they want to.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Stuff like that has happened a lot. Personally, I'm a huge fan of letting people say whatever they want to.

Me too generally speaking.

Hacking an account it's a crime by the way.
Making threats or become physically violent are crimes too. Unless you are defending yourself from a threat and you have no other choice as to use force.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

Making threats or become physically violent are crimes too. Unless you are defending yourself from a threat and you have no other choice as to use force.

We should stop pretending that only the left is hacking, making threats and physically attacking people.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Matt Walsh Breaks Silence After Major Hack, Says An ‘Insider’ Was Involved

Well he would be wrong. It was some dumb kid who was bored. The kid used SIM swapping to get control of Walsh's phone and since Walsh didn't have 2FA set up on anything it was easy for him to get access to whatever he wanted.

The bigger story here is, why did Elon Musk ban Dell Cameron for posting this story?

The Hacker Who Hijacked Matt Walsh’s Twitter Was Just ‘Bored’

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

We should stop pretending that only the left is hacking, making threats and physically attacking people.

I am not aware of other stories of hacking of people who are criticising absurd ideologies and ideas. Matt Walsh wasn't just hacked, which is itself crime, but he has been threatened repeatedly and his family has to live with 24-h security on his house because of these threats and harassment.

I am amused you got a star for your reply. The topic of the thread isn't hacking and certainly the history of hacking isn't enough to excuse what happened to Matt Walsh.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Matt Walsh Breaks Silence After Major Hack, Says An ‘Insider’ Was Involved

Well he would be wrong. It was some dumb kid who was bored. The kid used SIM swapping to get control of Walsh's phone and since Walsh didn't have 2FA set up on anything it was easy for him to get access to whatever he wanted.

The bigger story here is, why did Elon Musk ban Dell Cameron for posting this story?

Bored or not is still a crime. I am amazed that the wired.com choose to cover this piece of news by trying to excuse the hacker by picking up on his motives.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Because he broke a big no no rule. You are not allowed to post hacked material as Dell did in his story.

edit on 20-4-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Because he broke a big no no rule. You are not allowed to post hacked material and the Dell did in his story.

And hacking itself is a crime.

Posting hacked material is another crime.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You mean the same reason why material from Hunter's laptop was removed from Twitter. I thought you guys called that censorship.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm just objectively looking at this from the outside. I don't care about most left-right issues at all, even the trans issue. The way I see it from my unbiased perspective is that trans people have been targeted in many ways for a very long time by the people who hate them. It was inevitable for them to start fighting back.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And hacking itself is a crime.

Posting hacked material is another crime.

There is some evidence of insider help, so DW has said there will legally push everyone involved to the full extent that they can including Cameron posting personal hacked information.

This is the left's process anyways in DOXing people in they give the information to a so-called journalist who said they were just posting a news story and so it is not them that is DOXing though it actually is.

edit on 20-4-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'm just objectively looking at this from the outside. I don't care about most left-right issues at all, even the trans issue. The way I see it from my unbiased perspective is that trans people have been targeted in many ways for a very long time by the people who hate them. It was inevitable for them to start fighting back.

Can you give some examples where trans people are getting targeted and by whom. Certainly isn't Matt Walsh or the dailywire. If anything they are the targets by some crazy trans activists and the woke crowd.

Matt Walsh and most other criticise the transgender ideology which is absurd and wants everyone to pander to the delusions of a tiny group. That's far from being 'hateful'. I see you used the word hate which is a red flag...

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You mean the same reason why material from Hunter's laptop was removed from Twitter. I thought you guys called that censorship.

Who are you guys? I think an investigation needed to go forward two years ago into his labtop(s), but people posting information off of it publically was basically wrong. Legally, I'm not sure as he basically gave up the laptops and so ownership comes into play compared to someone stealing the labtop(s) or hacking into them that is stealing information including private information.

I hope you see the difference between what might be morally right or wrong and what is legally right or wrong. Also, the hacker was posting fake postings that were rather derogatory in nature which can be a whole other level of crime.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Was Hunter's laptop hacked?

That would be new information.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The story itself was suppressed, not the details, from ALL social media platforms. Any alluding to said story was deemed false information/Russian disinformation. That is censorship.

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"Matt Walsh Breaks Silence After Major Hack, Says An ‘Insider’ Was Involved"

Well he would be wrong.

Was he? I guess you didn't read your own source...

I quote:

"Doomed, however, claims Walsh’s phone was compromised with the help of an “insider.”"

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

"Matt Walsh Breaks Silence After Major Hack, Says An ‘Insider’ Was Involved"

Well he would be wrong.

Was he? I guess you didn't read your own source...

I quote:

"Doomed, however, claims Walsh’s phone was compromised with the help of an “insider.”"

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What am I? #ing google? Search for "transpeople attacked" if you care enough to learn. A search will turn up 1000s of examples.
edit on 20 4 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Who's Matt Walsh?

I had to click on a bunch of junk links and youtube videos to finally find a link in the OP that discusses the hack... of his Twitter account.

Do you know how many people are getting hacked and impersonated on Twitter right now?

And it's very difficult to find a department that can communicate and resolve an issue. I wouldn't expect much from Twitter at this point when it comes to support.

Whoever Matt Walsh is would be better off using more secure sites for his blogging.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join