It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its late you know what it is, 20 injured at a teens party Dadeville Al

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   
My thoughts too.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything.

I was merely stating my experiences here in Alabama, since I moved here about 4 years ago.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ketsuko

You chose to invoke a specific culture -- excuse me, race. You brought race into it. Not me.

I chose to correct the record regarding that specific culture race.

I didn't need to imply anything. Your words said it all.

Lol, the opening salvo of “you’re not allowed to discuss the racial or cultural issues unless this was white supremacists”.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

So what groups is it a cultural thing for? Quincinera, but they would have called it that.

Wrong.

A quinceañera celebrates a girl's 15th birthday. Not her 16th.

Maybe this was at a Bat Mitzvah.
‘Twas the guys with the curly sideburns that did it.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Lol, the opening salvo of “you’re not allowed to discuss the racial or cultural issues unless this was white supremacists”.

LOL -- that's where your head went. Not mine!

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about the race/ethnicity of murderers. I care that they are murderers. No one gets a free pass because of race... no one should be blamed because of race.

In this particular case, a particular race/ethnicity was invoked based on an incorrect premise. To be specific, the traditional Mexican quinceañera to celebrate a girl's 15th birthday. And it was wrong.

Nope! It was an all-American Sweet 16 party for a non-Hispanic girl. Not a Jewish celebration of a girl's 12th birthday. So... wrong again.

One might think folks who think this way only to be wrong again and again might want to reconsider their critical thinking skills... but maybe not. Maybe some folks just like to be wrong. Maybe they're just happy the few times they happen to be right. I sure don't know!

I'll stick with letting the facts tell the story... not make crap up to satisfy some petty and shallow prejudices.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

LOL -- that's where your head went. Not mine!

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about the race/ethnicity of murderers. I care that they are murderers. No one gets a free pass because of race... no one should be blamed because of race.

In this particular case, a particular race/ethnicity was invoked based on an incorrect premise. To be specific, the traditional Mexican quinceañera to celebrate a girl's 15th birthday. And it was wrong.

Nope! It was an all-American Sweet 16 party for a non-Hispanic girl. Not a Jewish celebration of a girl's 12th birthday. So... wrong again.

One might think folks who think this way only to be wrong again and again might want to reconsider their critical thinking skills... but maybe not. Maybe some folks just like to be wrong. Maybe they're just happy the few times they happen to be right. I sure don't know!

I'll stick with letting the facts tell the story... not make crap up to satisfy some petty and shallow prejudices.

It’s great that you’re getting snippy regarding a joke about those Hasidic guys. Wound a little tight, eh ?
This story will be memory-holed quickly because it’s a really bad thing, and if it’s not a MAGA person that did it, it’s bad for the leftist agenda. Won’t even keep it around for the obligatory gun control ranting.
The nashville trans-killer pretty much didn’t happen at this point. Manifesto locked away tightly.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Big B I G sigh.

I agree 1000% that there's a political agenda being pushed... a war on information... and Big Media is a big part of it. They set the narrative and spread the message. Or not if it doesn't serve the agenda. I get it. Totally and completely.

I also get that divide-and-conquer is a primary tactic in this war on the people, and it only helps them when people play voluntary foot soldiers for them. NO ONE should be pointing fingers at ANYONE unless and until the facts and evidence point that way. Especially not based on superficial factors like race or religion.

Most of all, I get that this is deadly serious business, and that we've got a HUGE problem. Mass shootings -- designed and intended to kill as many as possible -- are increasing astronomically, and we need to figure this out. Not play stupid games and rush to judgment on our fellow (innocent) citizens.

If that's "snippy" and "wound up tight" to you, okay. I consider it a civic duty, a sacred duty, and just being true to my own values and conscience.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Big B I G sigh.

I agree 1000% that there's a political agenda being pushed... a war on information... and Big Media is a big part of it. They set the narrative and spread the message. Or not if it doesn't serve the agenda. I get it. Totally and completely.

I also get that divide-and-conquer is a primary tactic in this war on the people, and it only helps them when people play voluntary foot soldiers for them. NO ONE should be pointing fingers at ANYONE unless and until the facts and evidence point that way. Especially not based on superficial factors like race or religion.

Most of all, I get that this is deadly serious business, and that we've got a HUGE problem. Mass shootings -- designed and intended to kill as many as possible -- are increasing astronomically, and we need to figure this out. Not play stupid games and rush to judgment on our fellow (innocent) citizens.

If that's "snippy" and "wound up tight" to you, okay. I consider it a civic duty, a sacred duty, and just being true to my own values and conscience.

We’ll really need to define “increasing astronomically” …. Could be a tad bit dramatic. Sort of sounds like “cops declaring open season on (insert victim)”
Nobody is pointing fingers, some are just having a laugh at the old maxim - the longer the perp’s culture is hidden, the higher the likelihood it’s a protected victim class.
Sounds like you agree this is happening, but really don’t want it talked about.
You know darn well if this killer could in any way be tied to Trump, MAGA, NRA, GOP …. It would have happened in the first story, one minute after the event. So ….. obvious coverup is obvious.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

So you realize that this is a Big Media problem... over-reporting some stories and under-reporting other stories... dancing on some graves and spitting on others... playing the people like fiddles.

And you're just having sooooo much fun playing your own games that you can't be arsed to have a conscience as people die and the world burns.

Alrighty then!

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So you realize that this is a Big Media problem... over-reporting some stories and under-reporting other stories... dancing on some graves and spitting on others... playing the people like fiddles.

And you're just having sooooo much fun playing your own games that you can't be arsed to have a conscience as people die and the world burns.

Alrighty then!

Wow, that went sideways quickly. You actually agree with my basic premise, but you’re still gonna stay all screechy and weepy because …… man, I can’t even think of what it is you’re doing ……
This is a thread about a tragic event and the way it’s being manipulated.
Is your point that we should stop talking, hold up our little Bic lighters, and sing Peter-Paul-Mary songs ?

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Alrighty then!

I think what a lot of us need is a good dose of reality. I just went out and spent a little time at the store and walking around a bit. Everyone I met was pleasant. They greeted me and with some,wee struck a short conversation about nothing. Basically weather and prices.

Few of us have seen the in real life any of what they are pushing. Many are getting angry and hating people they don't know anything about, because that is what they want. They know how to push our buttons. None of us are immune. You cannot continue to consume massive amounts of toxins and not be affected.

We need to leave the cave to see beyond the shadows on the walls. It was a very pleasant break and a healthy reminder the the virtual world is a mental frontier filled with toxins and dangers, designed to create addiction. I think Gene Roddenberry tried to warn us about it decades ago.

I think it is helpful to leave the phone behind, go outside for a couple of hours, and just engage in in the world outside your front door.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You actually agree with my basic premise, but you’re still gonna stay all screechy and weepy because …… man, I can’t even think of what it is you’re doing ……

Obviously.

So here's a good place to drop this. Right here. Right now.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Few of us have seen the in real life any of what they are pushing. Many are getting angry and hating people they don't know anything about, because that is what they want. They know how to push our buttons. None of us are immune. You cannot continue to consume massive amounts of toxins and not be affected.

Fortunately, you're right. Just like only a handful of law enforcement departments (usually in major urban areas) are bad, so too only a handful of the population (usually in major urban areas) are bad. For the most part, people can and do go about their business and leisure activities without problem.

But anyone paying attention sees the horror stories all around us, they're scared, they're suspicious, and they're on constant defense. Sometimes fear is what we need to fear the most. Fear can lead to unwise decisions.

I think it is helpful to leave the phone behind, go outside for a couple of hours, and just engage in in the world outside your front door.

Agreed. But then I am notorious among friends and family for walking away from my phone LOL! For hours... even all day. So no hardship for me there!

But we can take it further. During the worst of the Coronapocalypse, we also saw the worst among some of our fellow citizens, and I didn't like it. So I have made it my mission to be extra nice and patient and pleasant whenever I'm out and about, and especially when I'm dealing with customer service reps. I've been shocked at how much it is appreciated. Which shows just how much it is needed.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Something we share. I always go that extra mile. I always have a smile, a pleasant comment, and a helping hand. I love engaging people and I love leaving them with a genuine smile.

While in the market, this elderly gentleman was going pass me with a rolling walker. He asked me if I knew where the mouthwash was. I told him I would take him. He said it wasn’t necessary that he could make it if I told him where it was. I told him I need the exercise. I said he would be doing me a favor. I slowly walked with him to the shelf that held the mouthwash, we laughed, bounced a few quips off each other. When we got to the area he said he couldn’t thank me enough, he was smiling as I left him. I had never seen him before, and likely will never see him again, but I sure enjoyed those few seconds we spent in each other’s company.

My friends tease me, saying I have never met a stranger. I have. I meet them often, they just don’t stay strangers for long.

It doesn’t take much, and you gain so much from it when you are just nice and engage people with a smile and a loving heart.

I know. I am preaching to the choir. Keep spreading that joy. You never know when someone will really need it.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

And now you've left me with a huge smile on my face and the warm fuzzies all over!

I went to the park with my son and granddaughter recently, and my little granddaughter -- just over a year old -- was smiling and "talking" to everyone she saw. Even the dogs. It was so adorable. My son told me, "She makes friends everywhere she goes and puts a smile on everyone's face... just like you." He was so proud. That alone makes it all worth it.

Let's hope and pray it's contagious!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
April 19, 2023

TWO TEENAGERS have been charged with carrying out the shooting/injuries/murders.

Source: nypost.com...

They must be BLACK teenagers, because the news media didn't talk about the arrests, after the police held their press briefing this morning.

SICK NEWS MEDIA

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join