It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep brain-dead women alive and use them as surrogate mothers, suggest doctors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
When I read this, why do I think of medical wards full of women who were selected and "received brain death on purpose" to meet a quota or make some shady medical company massive profit.

I really think Evil is just taking over in all aspects of our lives. This is right out of a horror movie.

archive.ph...-1193.4-1193.82

The Colombian Medical College published an article focusing on a recent paper about whole body gestational donation (WBGD), which involves women who have given prior consent being used as would-be surrogacy mothers after being declared clinically brain dead.

“What about all those brain-stem dead female bodies in hospital beds? Why should their wombs be going to waste?” asks the article, written by Norway-based academic Anna Smajdor.

Proj Smajdor, a professor of practical philosophy at the University of Oslo, argues that WBGD could become a common way to bring new children into the world as it avoids health risks for the eventual mother and some of the difficult social issues surrounding surrogacy as it is practised today.
“States and health services should adapt their policies and procedures to allow for WBGD among other donation options,” wrote Prof Smajdor in the paper, published by Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics.

Women have previously given birth after being declared brain dead.

Prof Smajdor argues that there is no moral difference in such circumstances between organ donation and surrogacy.
She also says that male bodies could potentially be adapted to give birth, “thereby circumventing some potential feminist objections”.

The Colombian Medical College's decision to publish a Spanish translation of the piece has been met with fury.
Colombian member of Congress Jennifer Pedraza described it as misogynistic.
She said: “Women are not utensils to be thrown away after use, women have human rights, even if some people forget this.”

After initially defending the article as not representative of the association’s own views, on Wednesday the medical college issued an apology and claimed that its only interest was “medical progress at the service of humanity with the highest bioethical standards”.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am really starting to wonder if the ultra religious are correct, I am certainly starting to wonder if demons are possessing people.

What a horrific Idea.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Something like this has ZERO chance of being morally good in any small fraction of capacity. It is a truly ugly and ghoulish feeling to even consider this.

This is not okay.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So why hasn't anyone suggested keeping brain-dead males alive for use as sperm donors?

Far better return on investment.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

If my wife were in on this, she would say something along the lines of "brain dead men isnt much different from being concious".

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just read the other insane thread about a Yale academic suggesting elderly Japanese commit suicide or be euthanized to save socialized money.

This idea is equally insane.

Life is turning into a real nightmare. There are some very sick people walking amongst us.
edit on 2/13/2023 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

So why hasn't anyone suggested keeping brain-dead males alive for use as sperm donors?

Far better return on investment.

You must have missed this part!

They want to adapt / carve up the male bodies to host babies as well.

She also says that male bodies could potentially be adapted to give birth, “thereby circumventing some potential feminist objections”.

The Colombian Medical College's decision to publish a Spanish translation of the piece has been met with fury.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Unless I missed it, where is the link to this article? Ive heard of it, have yet to read it

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Sickening.

Who thinks we're progressing still?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Aaaand wouldn't this be the diametric opposite of the abortion debate?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be simpler if they used pregnant women that want an abortion? It would solve multiple problems at the same time.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

this is what happens when the ruling class sacrifice to Molech and Baphomet every single day. Its all real and i can share my testimony with you, if you'd like.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How can they know if the woman wants to give birth? Maybe they wanted to be men? What is a woman?
edit on 13-2-2023 by Kaiju666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is literally a scene in Handmaids tale, a truly terrifying prospect.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It all sounds terribly regimented, and one thinks human trafficking and human factory farms for whatever purpose.
Horrific sci-fi stuff.

But what if it's a woman who had an accident or something and she really felt she wanted a child, and it was part of her purpose?

It could be a loving couple involving artificial insemination.

(As for the whole men giving birth thing though, that makes my head spin so much, it makes me suspect the intentions here may be less than humanitarian.)
edit on 13-2-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
awesome idea lmfao

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Stupidity is not exclusive to any profession, there are stupid people that get into every profession. There are stupid teachers, there are stupid and incompetent doctors and there are stupid chemists. This is a prime example of one of those people.

On a more practical level, babies get a lot from their mothers. They hear sounds and experience and feel things. They taste things and develop their own likes and dislikes. They develop immunity and share the biome of their mother.

What kind of baby would come out of human that hasn't experienced, tasted of felt anything for nine months?

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

More I think about it the more it feels like this.

impregnate the cattle and then you can harvest future vessels..

yea supernatural tv show is starting to feel real to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This sounds super f'ed up! very dystopian

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

What kind of baby would come out of human that hasn't experienced, tasted of felt anything for nine months?

Replicants!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join