It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA You REAP what you Sow FOOD DESERTS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsukoThe problem is that too many of them aren't shopping. They're simply taking what isn't theirs.

The last sentence of my post is really the point.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

originally posted by: ketsukoThe problem is that too many of them aren't shopping. They're simply taking what isn't theirs.

The last sentence of my post is really the point.

They can save us. Compliance is all they'll require.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What about what these corporations have stolen from us and stolen from the world? Shoplifting and petty theft is nothing compared to the damage they've done.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: socialmediaclown
What about what these corporations have stolen from us and stolen from the world? Shoplifting and petty theft is nothing compared to the damage they've done.

Go right ahead by all means. Destroy the local economy and then wonder where your food, clothing, shelter, etc., will come from.

Be my guest. Just don't whine when everyone says, "We told you so."

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Okay but...you didn't answer my question. Do you condone corruption on a mass scale? Because this is how you get corruption on a mass scale. By focusing your attention on the petty BS and ignoring the bigger problems at large.

The economy is already destroyed. It has been for quite a while. We're only beginning to see the evidence of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   

What about it?

This is the little monopoly world we live in. We either play by the rules or we end up with no corner store, no gas station, no pharmacy.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Sounds like you condone it as well. So when you condone corruption at the top, how do you expect things to be any different at the bottom. Corruption trickles down from top all the way down to the bottom. And you are complicit. Enjoy the monopoly world you created.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The Silver Springs store is in the nicer far NW side of Milwaukee.

It was a nice area/store in 2019 when I went.

I wouldn't have guessed this Walmart to be closed due to so much loss of product.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
Those people have to shop somewhere. What will happen when they start leaving the ghetto to find stores that are not closed? This thing may wind up getting all our shopping closed or severely restricted.

They shop at the small convenience corner stores / bodegas.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

Personally?

I'm a libertarian.

Anytime you get a large, bureaucratic power structure together, you get the worst people involved for various reasons, and it creates all kinds of issues. It doesn't matter what the structure calls itself. Too bad so many people "see" business and point at the problem there and then ignore government refusing to see it as exactly the same kind of structure no matter its stated purpose - large, bureaucratic, stuffed with humans. Large religious organizations, charities, it DOES NOT MATTER. If they are large, bureaucratic, and stuffed with humans and have access to any kind of power and wealth (but I repeat myself), the worst of us will seek embed ourselves into them like ticks turning them into cancers on the society at large.

Don't talk to be about business without recognizing this fundamental truth of human nature.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I wasn't intending to single out corporations. Corruption is a global epidemic. My point is that shoplifting is merely a symptom of a much bigger problem which starts at the top. It won't get resolved until the bigger problems are resolved.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I wasn't intending to single out corporations. Corruption is a global epidemic. My point is that shoplifting is merely a symptom of a much bigger problem which starts at the top. It won't get resolved until the bigger problems are resolved.

Take some responsibility for yourself. Not one corrupt person forces you to pick up something not yours and walk out a door with it. *You* do that and only you. What you're playing is just whataboutism - "Sure theft is bad, but so is corruption. And since the business is corrupt (I have no direct proof; I just *know* it), it justifies my bad behavior making it not my fault. I was forced."

If you won't be the change you say you want, then no one will. And if no one can grow up and stop being a sh1t, then society is doomed to fail.

Do me favor. Stay off my lawn. This is all why I hate people.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Are you claiming Walmart isn't corrupt?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

I am claiming that if you want to end corruption, being personally corrupt yourself is not the answer, but it is very much what you are justifying.

Look, Ma! They're behaving bad, so I think I should too!" It'll save the world and make it a better place if I'm as bad as the ones I hate.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Are you claiming Walmart isn't corrupt?

Walmart being a crappy company has nothing to do with and individual's choice to steal....

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The reason why you are projecting all your rage, blame and frustration onto shoplifters is because you feel powerless to bring justice to the criminals at the top.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Walmart steals...

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The 15 minute city idea is meant to restrict movement by keeping people from moving outside a defined neighborhood without a specific pass to do so.

All POC's had to have a travel pass to move outside of their areas during apartheid in South Africa.

Seems the old Afrikaans government was way ahead of its time.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The reason why you are projecting all your rage, blame and frustration onto shoplifters is because you feel powerless to bring justice to the criminals at the top.

No. I see people who would respect what I have and have provided for myself as much as they respect that stuff. They have no respect for what isn't theirs. The only thing they respect is the power to take what they wish from whoever or whatever has it. If you think they respect you and what you have because you're not Walmart, you're smoking something ... nevermind ... I think I know the issue.
edit on 8-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

EV’s and their limited range of 250-300 miles…

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join