It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Falcon Lake UFO – Another Unsolved Mysteries Case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yep. They work together to detect and analyze potential threats with greater efficiency in the shared airspace. Defence takes UAP reports very seriously, as any unidentified object has the potential of being enemy technology. Cooperation between US and Canadian defence is imperative if they want to stay ahead of the game.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The problem with that is by 1967; the US had long claimed UFOs weren’t a threat. Then why worry about Canada when according to them they really don't even care much about US cases...right US government?

Of course, we know they’ve been lying all along, so anything said by them is bogus.

But the question to me is whether the US intrudes into Canadian UFO cases as a rule.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Interestingly, one might wonder, what was the US sticking its big nose in this case for?

A number of reasons.

- Canada is a member of the NATO alliance, so military operations are often conducted with other allies. Cheyenne Mountain is home to NORAD,a joint operation between the US & Canada.

- The Condon Committe was investigating UFO sightings for the Air Force (Blue Book's final days!)

And again, why was the US so interested? Did they have a similar interest in other Canadian cases?

- Some months later in 1967, the US military also participated in investigating the Shag Harbour UFO Incident.

- The discovery of radiation must have alerted authorities the other side of the border too. The remnants of space hardware (whatever its origin), burning up as it crashed to Earth would be a particularly sensitive matter. Even though in this case it was reported as a small vein of radium, no one knew that initially. And if you want to get conspiratorial, do we even know if that is the real truth?

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The problem with that is by 1967; the US had long claimed UFOs weren’t a threat. Then why worry about Canada when according to them they really don't even care much about US cases...right US government?

Publicly, they claimed that. But not long after the 1952 Washington UFO Flap the 4602nd Air Intelligence Squadron commenced investigations of all UFO cases with "intelligence or national security implications". Leaving Blue Book as little more than a PR unit.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I suspect the heightened interest of the U.S. over the Falcon Lake and Shag Harbor incidents was that “radiation” was reported. When you think Cold War and Nuclear Weapons …. you think of radioactivity……so naturally…..a ufo could have been looked at as new technology being used by the adversaries….hence U.S. involvement.

Had radiation not been mentioned in those two incidents….the U.S. may have not even bothered with it……there just generic sightings.

👽
edit on 23-1-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here is an interesting read about a Russian physicist who developed and predicted how to reflect electromagnetic waves.

While working in Moscow, Ufimtsev became interested in describing the reflection of electromagnetic waves. He gained permission to publish his research results internationally because they were considered to be of no significant military or economic value.[4]

A stealth engineer at Lockheed, Denys Overholser, had read the publication and realized that Ufimtsev had created the mathematical theory and tools to do finite analysis of radar reflection.[5] This discovery inspired and had a role in the design of the first true stealth aircraft, the Lockheed F-117. Northrop also used Ufimtsev's work to program super computers to predict the radar reflection of the B-2 bomber.

In the 1960s Ufimtsev began developing a high-frequency asymptotic theory for predicting the scattering of electromagnetic waves from two-dimensional and three-dimensional objects. Among such objects were the finite size bodies of revolution (disk, finite cylinder with flat bases, finite cone, finite paraboloid, spherical segment, finite thin wire). This theory is now well known as the Physical Theory of Diffraction (PTD).

Notice the list of shapes of objects that he predicted would scatter the electromagnetic waves the best!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on q00000033131America/Chicago1313America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well, that’s my point. They were lying all those years.

So supposedly, the Russian or Chinese were messing around in Canada, spreading radiation. I doubt that is the case or that they were concerned with that. As far as I know, the tests were negative for radiation.

You are right-- the so-called Condon committee was supposed to be interested.
Even though that was another US government-sponsored whitewash.

As for NATO members? So are the UK, France, and many other countries. Does the US interfere with those countries ufos?

Okay, then, since Canada is right north a few clicks, they can go and check things out.
Even though they have thousands of cases of their own, they can’t solve.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's just a shame all these close encounters stopped happening at exactly the same time camera phones became ubiquitous.

Back in the 90s I used to read about this stuff and think it might possibly be true. Or like the X-files said "I want to believe".

But in the past 15 years there would have to have been be some actual video footage recorded somewhere in the world, if these E.T.s were really coming down to harass people walking in the wilderness on such a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

Of course, we know they’ve been lying all along, so anything said by them is bogus.

But the question to me is whether the US intrudes into Canadian UFO cases as a rule.

It appears that the US only got involved when cases were deemed 'intense'.

The investigations varied and could be as simple as an interview or as a complicated as getting several other agencies including the RCMP, NRC, Defence Research Board (DRB) or (weirdly) the Department of National Health and Welfare on board. In many of the cases, you can see that post-secondary institutions like the University of Toronto and the University of Manitoba would help out with analysis. The government would also send professionals to investigate the sites in-depth and if the case was intense enough, partner with the United States.

There was definitely something going on during 1966-67 due to jump in sightings back then. There is a drawing of the Falcon Lake craft should anyone be interested, in the link below.

The document was written during an interesting time for UFOs in Canada. As Rutkowski puts it, 1967 was a high water mark for this type of activity in the Great White North. The briefing indicates there was a jump in reports from 1966 to 1967—from about 40 to 167. The case files showcase A) just how strange these occurrences were and B) just how seriously the government was taking the investigations.

I'd say that jump in sightings is 'intense'.

Here are more sightings around that time in Canada.

This may be another expedition Avi Loeb may be interested in, because as the Canadian gov't said back then, leave it to those who have the expertise.

The next sighting was seen by an RCMP corporal out near Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia. The RCMP officer describes seeing an object about 60 feet in length with white lights flying over the water at a low altitude. The object started making a high pitched whistling sound and slammed into the water leaving only one white light visible. RCMP Cpl Wereisky approached the light by boat and it rapidly sank underneath him as he got close. The area was then searched by the Canadian Coast Guard and other boats but nothing was found.

"My reading from this document is that the Canadian Forces didn't really know what to do with UFOs either. It's not that they were hiding everything they just didn't have the expertise in the field and the scientific community didn't want anything to do with it so they were kinda hung out to dry."

www.vice.com...

ETA: Information on Canada's leading UFO expert, should anyone be looking.

According to the briefing slides obtained by CTVNews.ca, it wasn’t long before a civilian researcher described as “Canada’s pre-eminent ufologist” started receiving UFO reports directly from the military and Transport Canada.

Chris Rutkowski is a Winnipeg-based science writer and University of Manitoba communications professional who has led efforts to document more than 23,000 sightings since 1989 through the annual Canadian UFO Survey. Rutkowski told CTVNews.ca he was asked to provide material for the minister’s briefing as a “civilian advisor,” and that he last received official UFO data in early 2021.

“I have been called both a sceptic and a believer, which probably demonstrates that my position is appropriate,” Rutkowski said in an email. “We are long past the era of UFOs being a subject of ridicule. Well-trained observers have reported sightings of UFOs and UAP and there seems to be a renewed interest by both scientists and the military establishment in taking a closer look at this persistent phenomenon.”

www.ctvnews.ca...
edit on q00000029131America/Chicago4848America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   

So supposedly, the Russian or Chinese were messing around in Canada, spreading radiation. I doubt that is the case or that they were concerned with that. As far as I know, the tests were negative for radiation.

Some Soviet satellites were nuclear-powered. I think there are still a few nuclear-powered satellites up there to this day. So anything possibly radioactive that fell to Earth was an opportunity to retrieve foreign technology, but could also present a dangerous public hazard.

As for NATO members? So are the UK, France, and many other countries. Does the US interfere with those countries ufos?

Britain and the USA both investigated the ghost rockets in Scandinavia after the war (Sweden was neutral!). Project Blue Book investigated sightings across the world. Rendlesham was an incident that occurred on UK territory and 'investigated' by US troops. There are other cases like Westall, Varginha and Coyame where US military personnel are alleged to have intervened at some point.

Okay, then, since Canada is right north a few clicks, they can go and check things out. Even though they have thousands of cases of their own, they can’t solve.

It's more about how the military perceive UFOs and how the public associates the term with 'alien spacecraft'. The military are interested in whether something is a threat, foreign technology, counter-intelligence and weaponizing any new discoveries. The public expect UFO cases to be about extra-terrestrial spaceships.

edit on 24/1/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

So up to this point in the story (thread) of the Falcon Lake incident …and possibly new revelation’s from everyone’s posts..… what’s your opinion MM?

Is what happened to Stephan a…

1) Hoax
2) Part Hoax part Truth
3) Truth

👽

edit on 24-1-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Obviously, some elements of the story are true. But the part about Stefan seeing spaceships I believe to have been fabricated . Perhaps to cover that he'd somehow burnt himself and maybe even some of the shrubbery while inebriated. Not wanting to appear as an alcoholic who started a bush fire he made a ridiculous story up.

No one else noticed any spaceships that day. Michalak's odd behaviour immediately afterwards, and then again when he couldn't find the landing site for the RCAF and RCMP. His interaction with Thompson and Hart who both seemed to be interested in UFOs. Then in 1968 his doctor reporting that he thought his burns were 'factitious' (self created). These things all point towards him acting deceptively.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Obviously, some elements of the story are true. But the part Stefan about seeing spaceships I believe to have been fabricated . Perhaps to cover that he'd somehow burnt himself and maybe even some of the shrubbery while inebriated. Not wanting to appear as an alcoholic who started a bush fire he made a ridiculous story up.

No one else noticed any spaceships that day. Michalak's odd behaviour immediately afterwards, and then again when he couldn't find the landing site for the RCAF and RCMP. His interaction with Thompson and Hart who both seemed to be interested in UFOs. Then in 1968 his doctor reporting that he thought his burns were 'factitious' (self created). These things all point towards him acting deceptively.

I take it your choice is 2) Part hoax part truth

If so….I agree. If not, my choice is 2).

You’ve encapsulated a convincing summary!

Personally, I don’t know if more can be analyzed beyond what has already been stated and shown.

Except for perhaps this small elephant in the room….I can’t reconcile yet…

Source: Encountering Manitoba’s Falcon Lake on Horseback

(Also read caption)

👽

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
On the side, he’s telling the truth. Why would a middle-aged Canadian man suddenly bring such controversy into his life?
Did he want money through writing a book? Vanity, ego, attention. Maybe.

One has to put on one side the pros--he's telling the truth-- versus the cons, he's hoaxed the event.
There's no in-between.

In a sense, the evidence is tainted, IMO. That is the wounds on his body and that undershirt.

Other than that, there is no evidence but his word.

I think it's a big pro on his side that a middle-aged immigrant would hoax this.

The beer-drinking he couldn't find the place and his odd actions after the event don't bother me. That might be on the side something extreme happened to him.

Only the undershirt and weird wounds on his body spell a hoax and for the disbelievers in ufos, the story itself.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yes, I don't have an answer for that either. We also don't know how long it had been there and whether it had anything at all to do with an incident that Michalak could have fabricated.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yes, I don't have an answer for that either. We also don't know how long it had been there and whether it had anything at all to do with an incident that Michalak could have fabricated.

Why wasn't the metal analyzed? If it were outworldly surely the composition would have differed than anything the 1960s were producing at that time.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Why would a middle-aged Canadian man suddenly bring such controversy into his life?

We really don't know very much about his life at that point to make any sort of judgement?

I think it's a big pro on his side that a middle-aged immigrant would hoax this.

I am not sure we can predict the behaviour of middle-aged immigrants to any degree of accuracy in this specific case. Not without knowing a lot more about Michalak's lifestyle. Some of which was probably known only to himself at the time. There's an awful lot of variables that remain unknown.

Now, ignoring the discrepancies in his story, if Michalak didn't 'hoax' the story, then what are the alternatives?

1. Did he hallucinate? Maybe he believed he saw something, but it was an illusion. Are there any poisonous plants in that area that could have affected him in that way? Was he drinking absinthe or similar out there? Or maybe he liked herbal supplements that broadened his mind? But those burns were very real and supposedly 'thermal' in nature. Something caused them.

2. Did he really see a craft of some sort? Maybe a military test flight? But then the forest rangers and police patrol notice nothing and the RCAF instigated investigations without their reports showing any knowledge of such craft. Nor does it appear that their friends from America knew. Or was it something secret, and they didn't have a need to know.

3. It was something from elsewhere. Maybe not even this planet.

The first option explains the lack of other witnesses, given that the fire towers were manned around the time of the sighting. The second and third would involve a conspiracy and cover-up that the RCAF and RCMP were not made aware of as they conducted their investigations. Except for the rangers on duty, who were coerced into saying they noticed nothing in the interests of national security.

Are there any other possible explanations?

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Why wasn't the metal analyzed? If it were outworldly surely the composition would have differed than anything the 1960s were producing at that time.

It’s been stated in the article linked previously, including the picture of the metal posted, that the metal was “radioactive”.

The question is …..who determined that and how was it tested…to make such a claim?

👽

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
One thing I forgot to look at was the Condon Report details on this case.

Fortunately they are online at this link : Condon Report Case 22 - Claim of UFO Landing

Archived Link

Here are some quotes from it. Note that Mr. A is Michalak

... According to Conservation Officer Jim Bill, the fire lookout towers were manned on this date after 9 a.m. A ranger with Officer Bell indicated that the forest was dry at this time. Both rangers felt that a fire capable of burning a man would have started the forest burning.

They commented that watchmen in the towers generally notice smoke immediately from even a small campfire, and felt that a small fire in lichen and moss, such as Mr. A said he tramped out when he threw his burning shirts to the ground, would have been seen by the watchman. They also believed objects as described by Mr. A would have been seen by the tower watchman, had they been present for even a fraction of the time Mr. A claimed. Watchtowers are 8' x 8'. About six other towers are visible in the distance from the tower near the alleged landing site. Although a 35-40 ft. metallic saucer only 1/2-2 mi. away should have attracted the watchman's attention, nothing unusual was noted from the watchtower....

... The flight direction Mr. A gave for the UFOs would have brought them within about a mile of the golf course at Beach X, at an altitude of 4,000 ft. The course attendant said that there were hundreds of golfers on the course on this date, none of whom reported seeing an object such as Mr. A described.

The investigator sought other information supporting the claim that an unconventional flying object had been in the area on the sighting date. A check of several other UFO sighting reports in the region revealed that they had no relation to Mr. A's sighting, having occurred on a different day (except for the lake sighting already mentioned) in a different area.

Radar observers at three other locations (60 mi. NW of the claimed sighting, 85 mi. W, and 40 mi. E) reported noticing nothing unusual on the alleged sighting date...

With Mr. A's permission, the project investigator reviewed the case with his physician and with the other M.D.'s involved. Items of particular interest which were revealed to the investigator by Mr. A himself were (a) a rapid weight loss; (b) a lymphocyte count of 16% climbing later to 21%; and (c) the rash on Mr. A's throat and upper chest which developed 11 days after his reported sighting.

The claimed weight loss of 22 pounds in seven days, including 14 pounds the first three days, could not be verified. Mr. A's physician did not see the patient until two days after the alleged exposure and had not seen him during the previous year. There was no way to verify the weight claimed prior to the event. A medical consultant considered the claimed weight loss logically excessive for an inactive, fasting patient.

The lymphocyte percentages were not outside the limits of expected statistical variation of two routine counts of the same blood, and were therefore not considered to be significant.

The rash, which was not on the same body area as the original burn, looked like the normal reaction to insect bites. Mr. A said the rash appeared on the day he had gone on the site search with RCMP officers. In view of the great number of black flies in the area, the coincidence in date, Cpl. Davis' report that he was severely bitten while on the search, and the accessibility of the affected neck and chest area to flies when the shirt collar is not buttoned (it was Cpl. Davis' belief that Mr. A had worn his collar unbuttoned during the search), it seems highly probable that the rash was the result of insect bites and was not connected with the alleged UFO experience....

.. No representative of an independent or official agency was present when the circular area alleged to be the landing site was rediscovered. In spite of an RCMP understanding with Mr. A that no evidence should be removed from the area should he relocate it, radioactive soil samples, (fortuitously selected from the small contaminated area), remnants of cloth, and the measuring tape were represented as having been removed from the area. Why the cloth remnants and the tape were radioactive was never explained. While these items could have been contaminated by contact with the soil samples, reports received by the project indicated that the items were in separate plastic bags, and major contamination would not be expected. The partially-burned undershirt had earlier been found not to carry radioactive contamination. The tape would have been left some 160 ft. from the landing circle, in an area found to be free of radioactive contamination.

Other individuals checked the site for radioactivity later. One of these was Mr. E. J. Epp of city A, who searched the site in Fall of 1967 and found no radioactive material. At the project's suggestion, he had the records of the Dept. of Mines and Natural Resources searched for mineral claims in the area filed by Mr. A. This was requested because of the possibility that Mr. A had deliberately misdirected the earlier searches in order to protect mineral claims. Such claims were filed by him, but not until later in the Fall.

The project never received a final report of the analyses of the soil samples taken by the Dept. of Health and Welfare. The origin of this material is therefore an open question. ...

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

When we don’t know anything is possible.
Don’t some say many people who experience ufos don’t tell?

I don’t blame them

Unless one can prove it, what’s the point? Other than maybe your friends and family. I always thought it strange people go to the police when seeing a ufo. What in the world are they going to do?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join