It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female to Male Swimmer Competes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Iszac Henig is a female to male trans competing in the men's division of the NCAA.

So how good was Henig as a woman?

Henig, according to OutKick, “finished the 2021-22 NCAA season as a women’s all-American while transitioning from female to male.”

In her Times article, Henig recounts: “I placed fourth in the 50 free at the Ivy League Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships my first season, and I was the highest point scorer on the women’s team in my sophomore year.” And “I ended up having the best swim season of my life that year on the women’s team and went mostly undefeated. I won my first individual Ivy League title in the 50 free and, at my first N.C.A.A. championship meet, placed fifth in the 100 free, earning All-America honors.”

So by accounts, Henig was pretty good when swimming with the ladies. Then, she decided she was really he and things ... changed.

Henig's performance markers (times and such) have not changed. Henig still swims as well as ever, but her competition has changed. Henig is now a biological female on steroids basically competing with men.

Now she is performing at about the same level, but with vastly different results: “Now I’m a senior, swimming with the men. I’ve been taking hormones for almost eight months; my times are about the same as they were at the end of last season. Right before Thanksgiving we finished a meet against Ohio State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and others. I wasn’t the slowest guy in any of my events, but I’m not as successful in the sport as I was on the women’s team.” Not quite: OutKick notes that she finished “79th out of 83 swimmers.”

So this is going about the way many of us suspected it would. Of course, we were told that our suspicions weren't proof, and that comparing times aren't direct competition. Well, here it is. Direct competition. A successful female swimmer, even with performance enhancing substances as part of her treatment to help her transition and be male, is not male physically, not enough to compete with actual biological males.

This is why it's just not fair no matter which way you go to put trans in the competitive category they want to identify as. It's either not fair to their competition or it's not fair to them.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hey man, no steroids when competing in sports

Been the rules for a long time...

Pretty sure Futurama did an episode on this already

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Hey, that's my position. If a regular athlete can't take steroids, then neither should a trans, not even calling it treatment, not and compete in serious competition. It's just not fair to everyone else. It sends mixed signals. The rules should be the rules.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Competitive swimmer for years back in the day.

We had some great female swimmers at our school...but the best F on the women's team couldn't beat the worst M on the men's team.

It's just how it is.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
but but choice matters...

the insanity is going to cost of dearly at some point.

If the insane rhetoric was correct this female to male swimmer wouldnt be nearly dead last on a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yep, I don't see any solution to this. Even a special "trans" league would have "men" and "woman" competing against each other.

What a mess.

So, the guys that placed 80th, 81st, 82nd and 83rd......should give up IMO, lol.
edit on 1/8/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You don't have to tell me.

I did track and field and now I'm training martial arts. Everything I've seriously trained at has been something where you work side by side with men and you see with your own eyes and experience the differences first hand.

The only way I can explain someone who maintains there is no difference is that they have no real frame of reference or they know and just don't care that it isn't fair.
edit on 8-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I think at this point we need to just swing the door open to all.

Three little people want to glue themselves together and make themselves a human canoe and compete against Micheal Phelps, Go for it.

A man shaped like Lizzo wants to compete in girls gymnastics, go for it.

A girl wants to kickbox a man twice her size, good luck to her!

It’s a 🤡 World, so welcome to the circus!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

She probably thought she could beat the men if she were on steroids. I'll bet you money right now she goes back to identifying as a female within two years.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The problem is that people used to just know this stuff without having to have it so graphically demonstrated like this to the point where others are having opportunities taken away. In this case, the only one looking stupid is this transperson who thought she could make some kind of point, but when it swings the other way, a lot of people who never asked for the demonstration to hurt them get hurt.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Now give the men the same “enhancement” and watch as they they smash records. If one athlete can legally dope they all should be able too.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Now give the men the same “enhancement” and watch as they they smash records. If one athlete can legally dope they all should be able too.

That would be fair wouldn't it?

Of course, it's also not healthy ... unless you're trans, of course.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Men shouldn't be competing in women's sports. There's a reason they call it "sport" ....take away honest competition and it's "theater" or some sort of silly dance.

Concerning Henig, there's not enough steroids on the planet to turn a biological female into a male. All the snip and tuck aspects are sadly just wishful thinking.
edit on 8-1-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yup it’s limitless hypocrisy and always rules for thee but not for me.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You claim repeatedly that you work in the entertainment industry, so I have no reason to doubt it. You know that we can put on a damn good veneer when we want, but we still cannot change biological reality no matter how hard we try.

Being trans is about that veneer and about people's social willingness to accept it. There are just some areas where the veneer will not extend just like plywood with a veneer will never be the solid hardwood it looks like.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You claim repeatedly that you work in the entertainment industry, so I have no reason to doubt it. You know that we can put on a damn good veneer when we want, but we still cannot change biological reality no matter how hard we try.

Very true...

We often cast men that are more beautiful and feminine than many women. If they nailed the audition, so be it.
It's not a competition, it's ART.

However we never cast masculine looking women in men's parts. The veneer won't quite cover it.
edit on 8-1-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No, you might. If the part called for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, you might. If the part called for it.

If I was in casting, I cast a zebra to play a mule if the part called for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Hening “finished the 2021-22 NCAA season as a women’s all-American while transitioning from female to male.”, e.g. she was ALREADY taking steroids, which explains why

“I ended up having the best swim season of my life that year on the women’s team and went mostly undefeated. I won my first individual Ivy League title in the 50 free and, at my first N.C.A.A. championship meet, placed fifth in the 100 free, earning All-America honors.”

E.G. she cheated with steroids to have that "best" year with the lame excuse that she was Transitionning.

Once placed with REAL men however.....no amount of steroids or surgery or lipstick on a pig can change biological reality

Who knew ?

LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This just goes to show the liberals are right. What sense does it make to have a woman compete with other women when she is taking testosterone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join