It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading the Bible in public is “no longer appropriate in modern society,” according to CPS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

And we all know that you know everything about arrogance.

The irony is that the holier than thou, spiritually arrogant, think they are doing the will of God by accosting people while "witnessing"

Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? There is more hope of a fool than of him...... Proverbs 26:12.

I wish I could argue the bible with the bible.

I think that is so cool.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This story reminds me a bit of a video I saw of two models kissing for a magazine shoot that was interrupted by a nun ....

The nun looked very concerned for the fate of the girls. Her attitude seems to be from a good place whether her point of view is right or wrong.

If the nun is right about hell. Would it not in the best interest of the girls to receive a warning in same way that warnings are placed on cigarettes by governments (consumption of nicotine may kill you). If people are not allowed to share their point of view with one another. Neither then, should governments, as their warnings are points of view from people in office.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

There is a whole level of influence in language that isnt defined by the word and structure of sentences and meaning, there is sound and vibration.
it's not only the intention of the sender that is importan most importantly is what it does inside you, how you are wired to decode a message, that's where we mostly fail to understand language and it's deeper connection to the reality around us.
if you try to look past the transmission to define the senders intent you'll most likely end up projecting, your own crap.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

She can be that nutter, just the touching was out of order and disrespectful... One day the nun costume will hopefully not save her from getting pushed back and put into the place where she belongs crazy street preaching lady....

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Its easier to attack/target Christians than others.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We're obviously all doing Gods job, some are just very lost in a 2000 year old propaganda swamp, so they can't really enjoy it anymore....

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Why do you feel that way?

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is no different than in Roman times when Nero persecuted Christians burning them for their beliefs. The grandparents of these woman would be ashamed of their behavior.

I don't agree that people should stand on a corner and single others out preaching they will goto hell that was not Jesus's approach and were called to be more like Jesus. Instead Jesus healed others when they asked for help, the woman walking past the preacher did not appear to ask for help. Whatever the situation it may be down to a miscommunication but is the world becoming so intolerant it cannot accept that people make mistakes. It worries me to think what sort of world out children's children will be growing up in. Its the actions we take that have the most impact. CPS will become a hated organization known as a denier of freedom of speech in public.
edit on 11-12-2022 by mammothtank because: Was not factually correct

edit on 11-12-2022 by mammothtank because: Spelling error

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The nun looked very concerned for the fate of the girls. Her attitude seems to be from a good place whether her point of view is right or wrong.

That good place looks like interference.

I mean what that comes down to is the nun is obviously not happy.

So she feels the need to intervene, and stop two people from simply displaying affection for one another via a kiss, which somehow insults her religious sensibilities.

Good intensions(more like misplaced intension) or otherwise, she's the one with the problem and not the two people simply living their life's to the full.
edit on 12-12-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

[Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? There is more hope of a fool than of him...... Proverbs 26:12.]

I wish I could argue the bible with the bible.

I think that is so cool.

I dunno... you sound kinda conceited...

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mammothtank

Well the street preacher seems to have been intolerant bordering on belligerent and the nun did not look to chuffed.

As to the sort of world our children will grow up in, hopefully a secular one with any luck same as this nation.

Free of religious and sexual persecution on the street for simple displays of affection springs to mind.

Now where the CPS is concerned, they are not exactly loved or adored, but in this instance the case was dropped because the witnesses did not turn up to give further evidence hence the man walked away scot-free.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join