It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading the Bible in public is “no longer appropriate in modern society,” according to CPS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, it is not like we didn't see this coming. We have been saying this would happen for decades and of course the bible refers to this happening in the latter days.

What is wrong, immoral, and sick is promoted and celebrated. What is righteous, virtuous, and holy is outlawed and scorned. Our LGBT activist organizations, DNC, and DNC controlled media will have this completed here in the great USA soon. Probably within the next decade.

caldronpool.com...

Reading the Bible in public is “no longer appropriate in modern society,” according to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)

The UK’s main prosecution service made the claim in their argument against John Dunn, a 55-year-old street preacher from Swindon, southwest England, who was accused of publicly citing 1 Corinthians 6:9 in the hearing of two lesbians back in November 2020.

At the time, the two women reported Dunn to the police for “biblical speak” and accused him of shouting at them that “they will burn in hell.” Dunn denied the charge, as he had previously lost his voice box to throat cancer.
“There are references in the bible which are simply no longer appropriate in modern society and which would be deemed offensive if stated in public,” they added.

Andrea Williams, chief executive of the Christian Legal Centre described the approach of the CPS to Dunn’s case as “deeply concerning.”

“The Bible and its teachings are the foundation of our society and has provided many of the freedoms and protections that we still enjoy today,” Williams said. “It is extraordinary that the prosecution, speaking on behalf of the state, could say that the Bible contains abusive words which, when spoken in public, constitute a criminal offence.”

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wonder if their ideals extend to public readings of the Quran and Torah or any other religious text.

Would they proudly exclaim that parts of Islam have no place in their world? Nope, ain’t got no tegridy.

a reply to: infolurker

edit on 7-12-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It sounds like CPS is now a terrorist group.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If I was techno autocratic, military industrial facist complex, with communist moral values, it would be only Monday.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But the stores are full of Christmas stuff. CHRISTmas stuff?

They want your money for that junk but don't read the book that it is in?

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows." - Winston 1984

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows." - Winston 1984

Unfortunately I have heard that any answer between 3 and 5 is good and any number is acceptable now.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

originally posted by: Klassified

Unfortunately I have heard that any answer between 3 and 5 is good and any number is acceptable now.

I'm not surprised.

What my fellow atheists fail to recognize is, that without freedom of religion, there will be no freedom at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i dunno guys, reading between the lines it kinda seems like this was about street harrassment?
and maybe just possibly if the situation is street preacher vs lesbians maaaaybe a "theologically conservative" publication isn't going to be the least biased source of news on the case?

but what do i know, rant rant war on christmas seems like a great response too. well done ats.
edit on 7-12-2022 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

i dunno guys, reading between the lines it kinda seems like this was about street harrassment?

and maybe just possibly if the situation is street preacher vs lesbians maaaaybe a "theologically conservative" publication isn't going to be the last biased source of news on the case?

Fair enough, but fair and impartial news isn't exactly easy to come by, whether conservative or liberal. So far, other articles I have read are saying mostly the same thing. Not all of them are conservative.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Evenin, my brother...I think if you wanna read the Bible, The Koran, The Talmud, The Bagh Avida, the Satanic whatever...you should be allowed to.

We now get "Eyes Police"????????? Yikes....

PS God Bless as always!!!
edit on 12223431America/ChicagoWed, 07 Dec 2022 22:21:34 -060021202200000034 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

With your lot, anything that directly contradicts what you prefer is harassment even if you happen to be eavesdropping on conversations not your own.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is just another degree of the slippery slope. After it is allowed for this charge to stick, it will no longer be offensive “biblical speak” in public, but churches will get restricted on their “biblical speak”. Then after that it will be a violation to use “biblical speak” anywhere including in your home and to own an unapproved version of the Bible, or any Bible at all.

The legal judgements will start with minor fines, then grow to larger fines with some jail time and/or community service, then a mandatory prison sentence and ultimately a final trip to the death camp.

I'll be using “biblical speak” the whole way until they put me into an unmarked mass grave. But not to worry, I won't be riding that train and taking that final camping trip if I can help it.
edit on 7-12-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
and maybe just possibly if the situation is street preacher vs lesbians maaaaybe a "theologically conservative" publication isn't going to be the least biased source of news on the case?

but what do i know, rant rant war on christmas seems like a great response too. well done ats.
No this has happened a few times recently, alphabet extremists looking for offence and calling the police.
"I'm offended in my little perverted mind"
The courts have told the police that this is not an offence to read scripture in the streets yet here we go again,add in " he shouted at me " and try over luck again.
Why does the thought of burning in hell bother them so much if they don't believe?
These alphabet weirdos better enjoy their time in the sun because when the pendulum swings back and it will swing back,they are in for one hell of a rough ride.No pun intended.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

"these pervert weirdos better watch out" so what you're telling me is you have a real neutral, objective position on this too hey

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Preaching "hate speech" out loud and in 2 gay woman's faces seems to be the issue and not just reading the Bible.

Screaming at people here in the UK constitutes a common assault or where i hail from at the very least a breach of the peace.

But hey'ho you spin it however you wish.

Either way, the witnesses obviously have not bothered to turn up and the case was dismissed, so how this is news bar of the misleading sorts designed to promote or provoke an argument im not really sure.
edit on 8-12-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The story is slightly less aggressive than the title.
The title doesn't make it clear that the "reading" refers to "reading aloud".
And they are banning certain "references" in the Bible, rather than the Bible as such. If these are comments which are being banned in non-Biblical contexts, they are at least being consistent.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The guy has no voice box. How did he read out loud at them?
edit on 12/8/2022 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Well, he does seem to have been out street preaching according to the article Creep Thumper.

So the same way he manages to do that springs to mind.

Ether way people can read whatever they please in public.

What they cannot do is intimidate or cast disparaging hateful comments toward others just because they feel the need.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No we don't want trans to read from their bibles either, so no more reading books in the streets, except Harry Potter.
You can trow avada kedavras all day long no problem...
edit on 8-12-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join