It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moment Of Contact ~ The Movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: torsion
a reply to: putnam6

The person alleged to have been misidentified as the alien was a local with learning disabilities.

This is him. He is named as Luiz Antônio de Paula.

Whether the photo was taken before or after the girls report was made isn't known. Is it a true random photo of him or was he asked to pose in a crouch similar to that described by the girls?

Good to see you, Torsion. My main skepticism about the "incident" is that except for the "alien" most of the rest of it sounds fairly earthly. Whatever crashed seemed, to me, too mechanical in an earthly-tech-type way.

And the story is a timeline of events all of which--both alone and as a whole--have some holes here & there.

As far as the picture---of course something like that is a possibility. Maybe a probability. Seems like one of those "yeah that could be" or "nah, lame debunk." Do you have a source for the theory & evidence?

This has reopened my interest in S. America UFO incidents. Mexico, Argentina, Brazil...it gets pretty weird there: Are they an unfortunate testing range for the U.S., a way point for cosmic Alien travelers, or a hot-bed of the preternatural? I dunno, but the answers are quite fascinating I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Between the hangers-on mentality and what is popular, usually is what makes the cash roll in along with the TTSA psyop mission is something that feeds on itself.

IMO, I think they finally realized the best way to get rid of ufology or neutralize it is to cast light upon it, and then people will see that number one, the US gov is saying now what they’ve always said: that they don’t know what it is and there is an aspect of the unknown to it, and number two they have always investigated it.

So, to bring it out into the podcast era will only serve to expose that there’s nothing new and there is no disclosure because there’s nothing to disclose.

After the ufotainment dries up or runs its usual course, people will know for sure there is nothing to disclose because the government has no capacity to know what it is.

So we're only going in a circle.

And never forget that ufotainment has always been around and always will be until what is really behind it decides to expose it, and apparently, we have no control over that.

Maybe that’s the whole point of it all!

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It does seem like powerful folks are running a coordinated campaign. And it's more then UFOs.

Something wrong with the world today

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

If this was anything organized, then TTSA failed cause now they’re just a shell of a ufo organization with all kinds of mixed signals that seem to amount to nothing.

And if you read Valle’s FS 4, there’s nothing but disorganized folly behind this ufo search and failed groups such as NIDS.

It's just no evidence of any grand poohbah or group behind the scenes that know the great secret and is ready to disclose

This movie may be good because Fox has done good docs in the past, and he seems evidence-based. So we've often seen big ufo movies( independence day CETK) or documentaries on the scene, and nothing came of it.

In the 90s, when Greer was in his heyday, and Lawrence Rockefeller was bugging Clinton to disclose, it was just as active as today on ufos, save the many podcast ufo warriors we have now.
edit on 22-10-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i'm about to watch it found a copy on the web. There is more to the case than just the 3 girls testimony, including a police officer who handled one of the creatures and died a few weeks later. Doctors could not figure out what was wrong with him and said they had never seen anything like it. He would not respond to any medicine. I already knew of the case but will post more once I have watched the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hey, Gut! The source of the claim that the alien was a local man is, I believe, the military investigation into the incident. They explained away pretty much everything. The soldier who allegedly died after touching the alien died following complications after a routine operation and wasn't even on duty when the event took place. The military vehicles seen on the streets were simply being transported back to depot for maintenance. The alien corpse at the hospital was a human burn victim. And so on. It’s a matter of choosing who to believe – the witnesses, the ufologists, or the military... or a mix of each.
I wasn’t impressed with Fox’s documentary. Some of the archive photos and videos were awful examples to use. The illustrative artwork cheap-looking. I tired of Fox exclaiming “Wowwww!” instead of questioning what was shown or said (try taking a shot every time Ben Hansen says "wow" in UFOs Declassified!). I cringed when the witness claimed to have picked up a piece of foil-like metal that reshaped itself after he folded it. And I can’t decide how I feel about witnesses breaking down into tears. It kind of worked in Witness of Another World, but then came Greer sobbing about his survivor guilt which was a face-palm moment. I find the reported smell of ammonia and sulphur intriguing, however.
None-the-less, Varginha is an interesting case, whether it was real, made-up, or innocent misinterpretations of prosaic events.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I'm from Brazil and i know a lot about this case, when i was 12 years old that case just explode on de media here, so i will try to explain some doubts.

The guy crouching was really a citizen with mental problems in the neighborhood, but the girls know him, what makes no sense have been scared by him in the middle of the day.
All pictures of him posing as ET was taken for a Army report in 2010 to close the case.

The army was so not prepare to lie, that is in one interview they said that they help a couple of midgets, that woman was pregnant, and so, they took her to the hospital, and after say that, he refere to the couple as ''creatures''.

so there is so many layers and if you believe in just one thing, i'ts enough to engage that something happened that week.
The US C-130 landing to retrieve the bodies and with no AVOAN clearence for example.

and about the smell, lots of abductees and cases where the aliens get wounded or shot have this same smell..

''the alleged alien succumbed to its gunshot wounds on the Air Force side of what is now Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in Burlington County; its remains giving off a foul-smelling, ammonia-like stench.''

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Interview with flight control Marco Feres:
www.youtube.com...

interview with the officer who commit the mistake about the dwarf (put on english subtitles)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Haven't watched the movie so no idea if it is covered or if this is old or new but a supposed leaked photo of the varginha alien has just appeared here - can't upload the pic at the moment so will have to visit this link

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder
Haven't watched the movie so no idea if it is covered or if this is old or new but a supposed leaked photo of the varginha alien has just appeared here - can't upload the pic at the moment so will have to visit this link

This is the pic

Sadly, it's from someone unable to tell fact from fiction. Or at least prepared to try and verify the original source.

It was part of a reconstruction for the Brazilian documentary El caso extraterrestre de Varginha, Brasil

Even if you don't speak Portuguese, you can see the model 2-3 mins into the documentary linked.

Almost the same still frame from l caso extraterrestre de Varginha

I haven't seen Fox's documentary. He's usually a decent, if rather credulous, filmmaker. I don't have anything to offer on the case itself either. As I've never done a deep dive into it.

edit on 26/10/2022 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Picture collage of the alleged real Alien from the vid link….

Pics broken out of the collage…..

👽
edit on 26-10-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Whatever the case, that definitely couldn’t be taken for your average neighborhood scrawny broken-down drunk.

At least it's a modern incident, and I would like to check it out further and definitely eventually will do that.

Maybe one of the new UFO investigatory groups will look closely at this.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Where to view Contact…..

👽

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

”The ammonia/sulphur smell of the creature”

Varginha is in the state called Minas Gerais. It is called Minas for a reason: the entire area of the state has huge reserves of iron, zinc, bauxite, pyrite, and sulphide minerals. Sulfur is extremely abundant and present everywhere, being the 9th most abundant element in the entire Earth.

I guess it was easy for the poor homeless guy to give off a strong odor of urine and sulfur, given the context.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Very plausible……

Although…..then other people should theoretically stink as such, as well as the stench permeates throughout Varginha….. not exactly a place to get an AirBnB.

I’m more inclined to a mentally challenged person, who didn’t have his Depends on …. and throughout the day…urinated and defecated on himself.

Does he not look like he is in position to poop in his pants?

👽
edit on 10-11-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I finally saw the movie on Amazon prime for 4 or 5 bucks, and it was worth it.
It started looking kind of pedestrian, but Fox is a fine filmmaker who dramatized the story with a gritty atmosphere and understated music.

The film had a lot of witnesses, and even some so afraid wielded and threatened the too-anxious Fox with a gun if he didn't get away.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

What’s your in a nutshell review? Do you believe it?

I’m inherently a Cheapskate….I’ll wait for the FREEBIE

👽

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I heard the witnesses and can’t say I believe or disbelieve. It's not a slam dunk, but the witnesses seemed sincere.

But like most ufo incidents, it’s a matter of the witnesses. Stranger's words we can't substantiate. This one had many of them who spoke on the alien bodies' movements that might be credible, but the film lacks the details of the major cases we usually look at, so it's up in the air.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'll add this. I don’t want to spoil the film for those who didn’t see it, but the film has an interesting take on American involvement. That’s all I'll say.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

The movie is not going to show anything that has not been already said and written in the many pseudo-documents freely available in the web.

The American involvement, as far as I know, reduces to American army presence in the area, which was a normal thing those days in Brazil (as it is today), and the alleged notice NORAD gave to Brazilian airspace security about an unidentified object that was about to enter Brazilian airspace.

This statement is doubly false: NORAD could have never taken such an action. In the remote case that NORAD could ever advise any country about the myriad objects crossing the space, the object must be big enough, slow enough, and following a fixed trajectory as to call it by its real name: a meteorite. But in this case, no need to wait for NORAD to report anything, as the astronomers would have long ago detected the object. No meteorite was ever reported ny none, no crash site, no nothing.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join