It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

"Poking" also has another meaning over here.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Is she stepping down because she couldn’t get the support she needs, or because of something much more sinister..

Maybe she knows something is coming?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Is she stepping down because she couldn’t get the support she needs, or because of something much more sinister..

Maybe ducking responsibility?

seems more apt

politicians seem to be cowardly cockroaches across the board.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

She's stepping down because she crashed the economy and killed the Queen , she was also bloody awful at being PM.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I think there are six states in your own nation that permit first-cousin marriage.

Here in the U.K it's actually perfectly legal for cousins to marry.

The Royals used to do it all the time which is hardly an endorsement of the practice all the same.

Frowned upon by most normal people through.

Bumping uglies with cousins that is.

Suppose we better get back on topic all the same before we cause offence.
edit on 20-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No conspiracy here.

Truss was just plain useless.

She ran for Leader on promises of tax cuts, which turned out to be for those on over 150k, tanked the economy and couldn't deliver on her promises and lost the support of her party.

Did I mention that she was useless?

She had to go.

Quite simple, no conspiracy here.
edit on 20-10-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

We are a diverse and eclectic bunch....lorne sausage and haggis was also mentioned.

Just a bit of idle banter between old friends which usually doesn't derail a thread completely, a minor but light hearted aside.

I have no desire - or licence - to tell you what you should or shouldn't be posting about.
It was merely meant as a suggestion in order to provide a forum to discuss those specific topics with the importance they do deserve in a respectful, dignified and no doubt passionate manner.

My slightly more detailed post about Ireland was in response to your assertion that 'Irish reunification is a given' - it isn't, far from it.

edit on 20/10/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The only thing coming is her P45. That's your tax form on tax paid up until you get fired

I would like to say she was crap, but that would be an insult to crap.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This may explain things better:

BBC News - Prime Minister Liz Truss was the author of her own demise
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

This may explain things better:

BBC News - Prime Minister Liz Truss was the author of her own demise
www.bbc.co.uk...

Truss was going to write a book about her Premiership when she came out of office at the next election.

That will now be downgraded to a leaflet.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

edit on 20-10-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A List of Things That Lasted Longer Than Liz Truss as PM

Kim Kardashian’s famously short wedding to Kris Humphries
A pre-Kanye Kim married the former NBA player and stuck it out for 72 days. That’s 30 days longer than Liz Truss lasted.

Most hard cheeses
Unlike Liz Truss’s leadership, most cheeses actually improve with age.

The ‘Daily Star’ lettuce
Congrats to the Daily Star and the shelf life of their chosen vegetable – they picked a winner.
An uncooked ham
You can stick an uncooked ham in the freezer for up to six months, which is several months longer than Liz Truss stuck around for.

Every single Love Island finalist couple from the most recent season
Do you know who has the charisma, resilience and sticking power to be prime minister? Ekin-Su.

The Tory leadership race
It took the Conservatives seven weeks to pick their new leader, and she left after around six. What was the point, exactly?

A McDonald’s meal
When the climate crisis finally finishes us off, alien archaeologists will uncover a perfectly preserved Happy Meal in the wreckage of our civilisation. This is a legacy that Liz Truss could only dream of.

There's more here link

But she did last longer than that Pope, who died only after a masonic 33 days! I think it was one of the John Pauls.
edit on 20-10-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

It's hard to make Theresa May look good.............Looks like Liz Truss might have managed it through.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Yeeeaaay!

So good I'll post it again:

www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's a very hard thing to do, but Liz pulled it off.

Kwazi too, allegedly, but let's not go there....

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Looks like we need a forum called "UK Political Madness."

UK Prime Minister Liz Truss resigns after less than 2 months in office

So, Liz Truss lasted all of 6 weeks as PM of the UK. A couple of days ago there was a report that some other guy had basically taken over as the PM in all but name. Can someone fill me in on what the heck is happening over there? We're all too busy trying to figure out what Joe Biden is babbling about this time, and pretending not to notice when he creeps on 10-year-old girls.

Imagine how we poor brit's feel having had to put up with Tory shenanigans for over a decade now and several clowns in charge of our nation over that time.

If ever there was reason to call a General Election, then this is it especially so soon after another Prime minister was ousted, it's like the last days of Rome with evil emperors being assassinated by their own friends behind there back's.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Agreed. That should follow but unfortunately thems not the rules.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

TFFT!

Trouble with Truss/Kwarteng is they're not ideological Tories.

Extreme right-wing Libertarians hellbent on reinventing the UK as the new HK.

Too stupid to understand moving fast on that one would sink them.

More than one national MSM outlet now calling for a general election and are asking people to sign petitions to that effect, only need 100,000 to trigger parliamentary debate.

I really liked Starmer's statement, also calling for GE and actually mentioning the interests of ordinary people! Not as good as Rainer's comments last year that she was forced to apologise for, but better than usual.

Also, as Johnson was leaving office a few weeks ago, didn't he trumpet some "I'll be back" parting shot? Did Truss step up to facilitate the 'hero's return'? Was Kwerteng the expendable option for number 11? Just how low would Truss go to secure her lifetime £115k per year stipend?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

No. Truss saw herself as Thatcher 2.0 and is and was an ideological Tory.

"The new HK"? What does that mean?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Also, as Johnson was leaving office a few weeks ago, didn't he trumpet some "I'll be back" parting shot?

Think he said "hasta la vista" attempting to parody Schwarzenegger's line in Terminator 2.

Let's hope not is my thinking on the matter, the man's a menace to reality, with one rule for him and another for everyone else.
edit on 20-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join