It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Who`s next ?

Prime Minister Mr. Bean?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Would have missed John major then? 1990-97?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Looks like we need a forum called "UK Political Madness."

Well, the UK is normally very stable and where there is instability the ending can be swift and brutal. Politics in the UK is less (er) mad than other countries.

The interesting feature of some of this has been the continual attacks by the media, some of which were justified, but some a bit tiring with clear double-standards.

Either way, the establishment will get their man into power.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DoomsdayDude

Kinda has more experience than the last two, having been Black Adder, just saying…

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Irish reunification is a given, Hence the reason I never included it.

Absolutely no reason why Scotland, Wales, and NI should be dragged any further into the mire by London's/Englands suicidal politics and political choices.

We should/need to keep Great Britain unified and just build a wall around westmister!
Build that wall!
Build that wall!

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I meant, can't us English folk have a vote?

Perhaps you could start a campaign for English Independence. Be the first time your country hasn't relied on stealing another country's assets and labour in nearly 1000 years.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Oooooh...(clutches pearls).....

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'd be all for that.

We've lived top well at the expense of others for far too long now.

I'd happily let Scotland Wales and Ireland go solo and back to the EU if they chose to.

And the Falklands, still can't understand why we still have it.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Perhaps you could start a campaign for English Independence. Be the first time your country hasn't relied on stealing another country's assets and labour in nearly 1000 years.

Am I sensing abit of anger/hate in your post?
Maybe a general election would cheer you up....

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Oh no, not all the anti-English, I'm an oppressed Scot, victim and grievance rubbish again.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They need Farage.

Where'd he go?

Farage moved to TV and has his own show
www.gbnews.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

See, its just those sort of inflammatory posts that get people's backs up and will only cause this thread to drift completely off-topic.

There is so much I could say in response....but I won't.

As I said in my last post about Northern Ireland, start a thread about Scottish independence, or English independence or even how all English are bastards and I'll gladly contribute to them all. But posting your divisive dogma here only serves to derail this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Ummm...Andy...whose shaking from the cold already...mind you...used the term..."cockwomble"...

We same to have clones of ineptitude at the helm on both sides of the pond...

It's slush falling here at the moment...there was some good hail an hour or so ago...

Winter falls early...

Keep that Turtleneck handy...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The EU media and it's leaders are blaming Brexit for Britains political instability. That's all we need, bloody Macron getting on his high horse, and using it to deflect Frances strike troubles.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Winter is winter here YouSir, that being damp and wet, dreary and dismal most of the time, unless it snows, and then it's rather pretty.

Not what i would call cold yet all the same but probably in the post so to speak.

Only shaking im doing right now is my head at Truss and the Tories antics.

I mean they seem to go through PMs the same way people do rolling papers.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

.No one will be able to fix the mess BoBo the clown left your quaint lil isles in.

We at least get the opportunity to try as we can remove a leader at any time. Unlike America who is stuck with a lame duck for 4 years.

That's how democracy works here.

Ummm...Pray tell...what's democratic about a gaggle of party wankers putting their names in a hat...in an attempt to choose the least odious...?

Democracy...is when the peasants get to scratch their opinion on the ballot...and hopefully have them counted...next to all those dead people that invariably also end up casting their...from beyond the grave votes...

I do like the idea that you can shytecan them...when they fack up...

A...Flush the current turd...next...kinda deal...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
The EU media and it's leaders are blaming Brexit for Britains political instability.

Well, of course they would. The EU was diminished by the UK leaving, with UK imports from the EU falling by significantly more than exports from the UK. Meaning that the EU has been an economic loser.

However, the politics in the UK are still divided by the Remoaners and the Brexiteers, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of the changes underway. The acid test will be whether the UK continues on the path to resolve the problems of the Protocol in Northern Ireland, which has been an interesting case study in the EU annexing a part of the UK in all but name.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: alldaylong

.No one will be able to fix the mess BoBo the clown left your quaint lil isles in.

We at least get the opportunity to try as we can remove a leader at any time. Unlike America who is stuck with a lame duck for 4 years.

That's how democracy works here.

Ummm...Pray tell...what's democratic about a gaggle of party wankers putting their names in a hat...in an attempt to choose the least odious...?

Democracy...is when the peasants get to scratch their opinion on the ballot...and hopefully have them counted...next to all those dead people that invariably also end up casting their...from beyond the grave votes...

I do like the idea that you can shytecan them...when they fack up...

A...Flush the current turd...next...kinda deal...

YouSir

You miss the point.

The UK opposition parties can call a motion of no confidence in the Prime Minister. If the vote is won ( which it has been on previous occasions ) then a General Election takes place and a new government is formed.

America doesn't have that luxury. As i stated you get stuck with someone like Biden for 4 years and there is nothing you can do about it. That is not democracy.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I wish we could get some PM resignation action in Canada.

We're Jealous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join