It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I know what you mean , life has got really weird.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Johnson returning from holiday ? That's the third holiday he has had since July. Why isn't he here serving his constituents ?

If he is even allowed to stand, there should be loud protests. Minister resigned because of him, numerous MPs gave him a vote of no confidence only 3 months ago. He is under investigation by Parliament.

This has to be a joke surely.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It is a joke.

And don't call me Shirley.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Another Cabinet minister coming out for BoJo

Anne-Marie Trevelyan endorses Boris Johnson
The transport secretary has become the fifth cabinet minister to back Mr Johnson for the leadership.
news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Wake me up when my nightmare is over?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Nightmare ?
I'm enjoying it , I want Johnson to get back in to put a few noses out of joint and show the Tory party the will of the people outweighs the will of the Parliamentary party , Conservative party members will vote for Johnson as like me they think his removal was undemocratic.

Personally I'd prefer a General election so the voice of the many not the few can be heard.

I'd also like to know if the "Indicative vote" by MPs will count in the end tally and if it's one member one vote for all.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Freeborn
The first thing that struck me immediately was Liz Truss smiling that "I know something you don't" all the way through her address. I don't think it has anything to do with the pension or 'expenses' account she has secured for herself when she retires, although it is icing on the cake.
I think Farage is right, the WEF 'young globalists' were spitting feathers over Boris and even more over Truss trouncing Sunak who is.
If we think chess here, Boris is not WEF to start with and got in as leader and PM mainly because of his Brexit stance. WEF of course wants UK back in the EU. If Boris secures his 100, and that is not impossible let's face it, then he can indeed crow that he was, aka conservative party, voted in on a landslide majority with a mandate by the country. Nobody can argue against that, its fact. The Tory grandee are, I suspect, right behind him as no way do they want to be dragged back into EU for starters.
We do have the issue of him still being investigated I believe. But by the time anything comes of that he will have parked his chubby arse firmly behind the dispatch box as PM and I wouldn't be at all surprised (although it is a bit more of a stretch) he'll have Sunak back as Chancellor, regardless of the fact that Sunak was Brutus. Although he might indeed keep Hunt, but I digress. The public wont care by the time the results of the enquiry into him come out, they are tired of all this. But he will be the only one that I can see at the moment, that could go to the country with a GE and secure yet another Conservative win, albeit with a much smaller majority probably. There is no way the grandee can risk a GE with anyone else in charge and Stammer (WEF) win and get in.
As far as the Tory grandee are concerned, they need a winner and Boris has a good record as Mayor and PM at winning and rallying people together.

Moving back to Farage, It will be interesting to see if he can pull off setting up a new political party, the man has a tenacious record, like a dog with a bone, we shall see.

The only dark horse I see here and nobody is talking about is Dominic Raab.

But what the hell do I know, I'm batting about in the dark like most folk at all the shenanigans.

Rainbows
Jane

I refer you all back to my post on page 9.
Sunak is the bookies fav.... which means he'll lose. Boris will have made sure he's got over 50% before he said yes.
If it's down to him against Sunak, the vote goes to the members electronically.
I seriously think he'll be back..... just waiting for all the Terminator memes now

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%
Boris got in with a landslide and people's mandate.
Once his feet are under the table again, he'll be able to call a GE and still win, if only just.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Remind me again, why was he forced to resign?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Like I said, people are past caring at this point.
If I put my tin foil ATS hat on, I would even venture that the whole ousting of Boris was a carefully orchestrated plan to wipe the slate and start again. Still wouldn't be surprised if he wins he puts Sunak back as Chancellor.
I'm not making any claims, I'm just trying to see how tory grandees will see things.
Rainbows
Jane
PS no I wont remind you because you very well know for yourself why he was ousted.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So perhaps when Boris is PM again and then gets found guilty of misleading Parliament and has to resign perhaps Liz Truss will run for PM again?

Gaaah!

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Remind me again, why was he forced to resign?

Numerous reasons.

We can start with appointing a sex offender as Chief Whip. And when challenged if he knew what he was Johnson lied and said he didn't know.

And then move on from there.
edit on 21-10-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Now you come to mention it, it does ring a bell.....

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I think that Britain will soon be involved fully in this unpopular war in Ukraine, and they don't want a leader that does not fit the part. They will need someone who will rally everyone behind the flag, the problem is that times have moved on.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The UK will not be 'involved fully' in the war in Ukraine.
There still is enormous support for Ukraine....but very little support for British troops getting actively involved.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nail on head, and THAT is my biggest worry if Boris gets back in.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't know if this generation or the few before it have any concept of what the misery of war is.I still remember old guys from the first world war struggling on, my uncle was gassed and had a hole through his withered arm from a bullet. Another guy selling matches and walking on stumps for legs. An old lady lost her husband and the house was still the same as if it were nineteen eighteen she was still in mourning in nineteen sixty-five. The music teacher said there was a big bang and he was the only one left in a trench with all his mates in bits. With informed consent who would have a bar of it?

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

We can start with appointing a sex offender as Chief Whip.

It was a mistake appointing him given his history but Christopher Pincher hasn't been charged with anything because the incident was blown out of proportion by the press , unwanted drunken advances happen in most pubs at some point and that is all Pincher was guilty of.

Johnson had this Country on the right track but anti Brexit MPs in the Tory party aided by an out for revenge Dominic Cummings fed the stories to the press to bring him down , was "partygate" really that serious when you take all the "Yeah but" emotion out of it.

I think he should be allowed to complete the mandate given to him by the British public and it's they who should decide the next PM when that mandate officially expires in 2024.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Short of them digging up Winston Churchill who do you imagine that would be?

There are no politicians with the capability to rally the people up or convince the majority into another world war in this day of age.

Because they are all a shower of inept lying bastards on both sides of the aisle.

Most people simply are not willing to go die in far-off lands for that mob.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join