It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Misogynists really Homosexuals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Maybe that's my problem, the idea of a traditional nuclear family and a partner for life really appeals to me. Unfortunately i'm attracted to women who are fiery, independent and outgoing. I get bored too easily with women who don't stand up for themselves. Give me a bat sh!t crazy, hormonal firecracker and i can't resist. When i was younger i seemed to attract tomboys, seemingly i was "cute". Can't deny i like girls like that.
edit on 17/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Believe it or not, my husband and I are kind of renegade misfits with offbeat traditional values.

We never fit in anywhere, but we fit in with each other.

It's weird how life works out.

I'm sure you can find a fiesty strongwilled gal who will love to make sammiches for you!

We DO exist.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
This is funny. I never thought misogynists are secretly gay as plenty of straights hate women. However, I think a lot of gays hate women. Just the impression I've gotten.

I could be wrong. So be it.

I think a lot of people, hate a lot of people, for basically anything and everything.

To the OPs question - possible. I say that because most dudes I know who are very, very straight do in some way hold women in high regard. Sought after. On the other hand, most women haters I know aren’t really loved by women - so that’s a chicken or egg conversation.

It’s been said that some people hate others because the person they hate reminds them of themselves in some way.

I can track that logic.

So if that’s true, or partially true, then maybe your argument holds water - and could be worth further study from a pure curiosity standpoint of the human psychology.

Personally, I doubt it’s deep seeded or closet homosexual desires. I think the taboo discussion around misogyny is understanding what role women play in the psychological development of misogynistic behavior. My sense is misogynist is more a case of male behavior emulation and less about women specifically. On the other hand, I can’t fully explain misogyny via that answer.

Said another way, a male might be taught to hate women by other men or by women. We don’t spend a lot of time on the latter, however, which I would argue is net-negative for women broadly over a longer period of time, and from multiple angles.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Basically they are saying men that are misogynists (TRUE misogynists, not just crabby dudes) are secretly gay.

You've got to distiguish the closeted gay men from the guys who are unfaithful to their wives and carrying on secret romances with OTHER WOMEN.

Same with women who are man-hating lesbians. If she's hanging out with her girlfriends calling the cops and "pressing charges" for every minor incident, she's usually dating OTHER MEN on the police force and in other positions of authority partially to get a feeling of revenge or satisfaction on her ex.

MOST OF THE TIME when two women get real close to each other and "turned on" like that, they're just going out to a bar or a nightclub or somewhere or stripping and finding boyfriends. And of course. That's the sort of men they hook up with. Otherwise it just doesn't stand to reason that human beings would eat piss and # and call it love.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I’m sure there’s a perfect woman out there for me, I won’t stop looking that’s for sure.

I see a lot of my friends in toxic relationships and I just think why. If I’m not happy then I get out of there, I can look after myself and make my own sandwiches. I really think a lot of men get married because they need a surrogate mother, someone to wash their clothes, cook their meals and cuddle them to sleep. I see these people as weak, they let the women walk all over them and then crumble into desperation when the relationship fails. I have no sympathy for them, move on and get a new woman if the one you’re with doesn’t want you anymore. I don’t depend on anyone but myself and normally am the one who ends relationships.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

sammiches??

More like steak and ribs.

no simpin' pimpin'

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
I see a lot of my friends in toxic relationships

AA? How come people say 'toxic' when they really mean 'intoxicated' as in drunk?

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: justinacolmena

No, they mean toxic as in, crap relationships where they don't even enjoy the company of their partner. Normally can be spotted by their smiling facebook pictures together as if they have a perfect relationship. Reality is all they do is argue and throw things at each other.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I guess it depends on the prism you are looking through or the kind of media you view

from what I have seen a lot more homosexuals defend same sex and single sex spaces that the reverse, reality is it doesn't affect them but they are still fighting for woman's rights in the same way women fought for their rights..

but then that is a UK centric view

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Some of the worst woman hating men out there are gay men. They truely hate women. Its crazy to see

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I doubt it. Most misogynists are probably pretty lonely, however, e.g., "incels."

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin
Some of the worst woman hating men out there are gay men. They truely hate women. Its crazy to see

Yes, but I don't think that works in reverse where most misogynists are gay. I think most misogynists are incels or rapists rather than gay.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
misogynists

You keep using that hword.
I don't think that hword means what you think that hword means.

I was watching/slightly participating in a discussion. where anyone who disagreed with woman, she labelled a Misogynist. It was blatant that she hated Men and thought that Men should never be attracted to a woman. Someone right then accused her of being a Lesbian and that she Hated Men and she logged off immediately and we never heard from her again.

It's amazing when someone thinks their 'way of life' should overshadow everyone else's. And don't get that THEY are the oppressive one.
edit on 20-10-2022 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I knew I’d get some hate for my comments.

Well you're the one spewing hate, not me.

I know you and your posting history. I do appreciate you. If you are male, then you are an exception to what I’m saying. And if that’s the case, I’m willing to admit I’m wrong and say it’s the majority, instead of all of them.

If you have to ask me that question you don't know me or my posting history. So just in case if I was female, what would it change for you?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Although speaking from the more non-repressed category of gay men, thinking back to my 20's and 30's, I also met a lot of straight women who kinda treated me like their old handbag.

And some, I realize now had/have severe personality disorders.

Does that mean I hate all women outside the family?
No, but I won't socialize with women any more like I used to.
edit on 23-10-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: KKLOCO

I knew I’d get some hate for my comments.

Well you're the one spewing hate, not me.

I know you and your posting history. I do appreciate you. If you are male, then you are an exception to what I’m saying. And if that’s the case, I’m willing to admit I’m wrong and say it’s the majority, instead of all of them.

If you have to ask me that question you don't know me or my posting history. So just in case if I was female, what would it change for you?

There was no hate. Simply, my experiences.

Honestly, I always thought you’re a female.

You present a good point. I guess it doesn’t make a difference, does it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join