It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Misogynists really Homosexuals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I heard this theory the other day and now I just can’t shake it.

Basically they are saying men that are misogynists (TRUE misogynists, not just crabby dudes) are secretly gay.
I went through the Rolodex in my mind of all the guys I know that are true misogynists….I know two, and it has me really wondering.
Are these men taking out their angst on women because they hate themselves, and truly love men?

Please do not take this as any kind of disrespect to the gay community. If anything it might show that people in this day and age still
Don’t feel free enough to be what they are really are due to societal norms…

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is funny. I never thought misogynists are secretly gay as plenty of straights hate women. However, I think a lot of gays hate women. Just the impression I've gotten.

I could be wrong. So be it.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Does the theory hold true for misandrists as well?

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You make it sound like a lot of people hate women lol even women hate women. Put three in a room and two will get along, the third will have an eating disorder by lunchtime.....

a reply to: Creep Thumper

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have known a couple.

They believed more that women had a "place" and had to stay within their boundaries. I don't think they were gay, they were more domineering and completely sexist. The woman in the kitchen cooking dinner and taking care of kids only types. They hated women in authority and always objected to working for or with women as equals.

I think that is still misogynistic right? Or am I mistranslating the definition?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Since homosexuals also can means lesbian, this is a silly question.

The behavior you described is happening on both sides. As well as heterosexuals doing it to homosexuals, too. It's intrinsic behavior because the other side is off-putting. For each of these four categories, there is an intrinsic repulsiveness:

Lesbians can't imagine getting down with men.
Gays can't imagine getting down with women.

Heterosexual women can't imagine getting down with other women.
Heterosexual men can't imagine getting down with other men.

Only us bisexuals, who are often -but not exclusive- poly-amore and can feel sexual attraction and at the same time unconditional love to both genders are not repulsed by any of the above.

And often bisexuals are targeted by homosexuals because of the same intrinsic repulsive feelings the other four categories naturally feel. It's a bit ironic that heterosexuals often are more tolerant towards bisexuals than homosexuals. That's my personal observation.

My theory on why this is:
Most in the four categories want to make clear where they belong to. Not to the other categories but their own peers. Tribalism.
edit on 17.10.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I think there could be some, the severely repressed kind. Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of men that do hate women though I believe. Especially if they are not subservient. Or maybe they hate them and enjoy making them subservient. Not sure.

I've personally never met a gay man that hated women though or gave any indication they did.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Here

a person who hates, dislikes, or mistrusts women. a person whose views are shaped by ingrained and institutionalized prejudice against women; a sexist: a renowned playboy and misogynist—a poster child for sexism. adjective showing a hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women: He faces federal hate crime charges for racist and misogynist rants.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: JAGStorms

I've personally never met a gay man that hated women though or gave any indication they did.

Same here but I do know of a lot of heterosexual men that hate women. It's obvious by the way they treat and abuse women; alpha male control issues is the problem, basically a sense of insecurity is the etiology.

Then you have the incels that are so intimidated by women they place the reason they cant get laid on the females.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 17-10-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm sure most misogynists do hate themselves. And I'm sure some of them are gay.

But I'm also sure that being a misogynists doesn't mean you must be gay. Misogynists like every other group have among them all types of sexuality's.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I honestly still think that incels aren't even a real thing. Like the people claiming it are just pretending and don't think or act those ways in real life.

I never met an incel in real life.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I was born gay not born with a hatred for women.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConcernedCanadian

I was born gay not born with a hatred for women.

This doesn't apply to you.
This applies to men that don't consider themselves gay.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Thank but I'll decide what's applicable to me. You're on a roll.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I have met some. It's not that they're just people who can't get laid, or too scared to try, rather they have covert narcissism and sociopathic tendencies which give rise to a perception that their gifts and "nice guy" routine should be rewarded by sexual favors, and when they get together you will hear rape jokes, and the worst of them will be the sort to slip drugs in women's drinks.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

If you were born gay and openly admit it you are obviously not what this thread talks about.
If you don’t hate women, you are obviously not a misogynist either.
Don’t know what is so confusing about that.

edit on 17-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
No, mostly guys who "hate" women simply hate women and not necessarily gay.

Unless you want to posit that gays hate women naturally?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
No, mostly guys who "hate" women simply hate women and not necessarily gay.

Unless you want to posit that gays hate women naturally?

No, this is absolutely not about gay men hating women.

This is about a small subset of men that are misogynistic, and the reason, the true reason behind it.

It has often been said that those that are the most homophobic are actually gay. We’ve seen that play out many times.
I think there is more to this theory too.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Consider how the world of Islam seems to like to treat their women.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

If you were born gay and openly admit it you are obviously not what this thread talks about.
If you don’t hate women, you are obviously not a misogynist either.
Don’t know what is so confusing about that.

I heard a theory that folks who associate homosexuality with the hatred of women are cro mags

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join