It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottUlta - Biggest cosmetics retailer in US faces outrage and boycott

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

Why is it gross?

Maybe not gross, but vulgar and crude. Just like referring to themselves in a bikini as just a "woman bulge". Don't mind my dick, its actually a woman bulge....

What I truly don't understand..maybe I'm just a neanderthal..but wtf is this guy getting a sponsorship from Tampax? it make no sense whatsoever

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Why is it gross?

Maybe not gross, but vulgar and crude. Just like referring to themselves in a bikini as just a "woman bulge". Don't mind my dick, its actually a woman bulge....

What I truly don't understand..maybe I'm just a neanderthal..but wtf is this guy getting a sponsorship from Tampax? it make no sense whatsoever

Why? 'Dylan was using a public restroom when a fellow woman called out if she had a tampon, Dylan shyly replying ‘no’. Afterwards, she decided to buy some to keep in the house and in her purse for all her girlfriends, ending the video with “women support women.”

PLUS: 2 million TikTok followers.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I knew you wouldn't get it so I had already edited the previous post. See above.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Why is it gross?

Why? 'Dylan was using a public restroom when a fellow woman called out if she had a tampon, Dylan shyly replying ‘no’. Afterwards, she decided to buy some to keep in the house and in her purse for all her girlfriends, ending the video with “women support women.”

Ya, ok, fair enough ..I guess, still weird, on Tampaxs part, and look, I don't hate this person at all. I can appreciate the enthusiasm and positive attitude, but they make me cringe, calling women things with slits makes me cringe. None of this affects my life though..it's just weird.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I knew you wouldn't get it so I had already edited the previous post. See above.

Oh, so you question gender equality in sports.

Me too. I don't think we're there yet. Male and female bodies are structured differently.

Not everything is equal.

I have researched it -- have you?

Hard to find a neutral site -- maybe this one:

Transgender Women in the Female Category of Sport: Perspectives on Testosterone Suppression and Performance Advantage. link.springer.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Wouldn't a man be individual and have individual tastes?

Many -- maybe. But I'm always aware of claiming most.

I do believe it's most, but not all, that leaves room for those that do like it.

Let's do a mini poll here.
OK Guys, let's have it.
Do you like ladies with

A. Face full of makeup
B. Little Makeup
C. No Makeup

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Why is it gross?

Ya, ok, fair enough ..I guess, still weird, on Tampaxs part, and look, I don't hate this person at all. I can appreciate the enthusiasm and positive attitude, but they make me cringe, calling women things with slits makes me cringe. None of this affects my life though..it's just weird.

I just really don't understand what I'm supposed to be offended by.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I do believe it's most, but not all, that leaves room for those that do like it.

OK Guys, let's have it.
Do you like ladies with

A. Face full of makeup
B. Little Makeup
C. No Makeup

I was free and single for quite a few years -- made the most of it

Here's what most men I knew shared with me about makeup: "They like looking at it -- they don't like tasting it"

Most wanted me to look "HOT" when we went out -- but take it off before the bedroom.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Posers?

Also,
So can we now use the C-word again?

Why is it gross?

It doesn't bother me. Seems reasonable -- what else would you call it?

As I tell my grandson, "People are their heart".

Look past the physical and straight to who they are as a person.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Why is it gross?

Offended or not, is all in the eye of the beholder. I don't think it offends me, but honestly, be it an uninformed opinion..I feel like we are entertaining and encouraging mental illness..of some kind

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

That was point though.

We've got a disconnect somewhere, because this doesn't follow the point I was making!

When you "legislate" a right you have to take it away from someone else. Natural God given rights are for everyone so no one loses on that.

No, because laws and regulations should protect and defend our rights. Only when law grants a privilege to some does it take away a right from another. Even what we call civil rights must apply equally to all persons; although I realize that's no longer true in practice.

You are male and want to play against females? You can get that legislation passed. Now the females no longer have the right to play against other females. They have to play against both.

Okay, there's a lot to unpack there, but I would say this is a perfect example of legislating a privilege for some at the expense of the rights of others. Preferential treatment.

Both men and women have every right to choose to play with whoever they so choose, as long as all other parties ALSO so choose. But no one has the right to demand anything of anyone else; therefore, men do not have a right to demand women play with them.

Legislatively speaking, especially in regards to schools that receive federal funding and are therefore subject to federal mandates for those funds, as long as the laws and regs support team sports for both men and women -- albeit separate teams/classes -- no rights are taken away from anyone. Everyone still has an opportunity/right to play and compete and participate.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Why is it gross?

Offended or not, is all in the eye of the beholder. I don't think it offends me, but honestly, be it an uninformed opinion..I feel like we are entertaining and encouraging mental illness..of some kind

I think everyone is who their brain tells them they are.

If the wires get crossed - they get crossed.

If your brain and body don't match -- that would be difficult for anyone. You'd probably need mental counseling -- but no, not a mental illness.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So to cure those voices in your head telling you what to do all you have to do is get rewired?

Mental counseling as in psychological help?
But not a psychological issue?
And does this mental counseling needed to "uncross the wiring", or meant to recondition the rest of body and mind to accept crossed wiring as normal instead?
I am telling you right now that me not understanding preferred pronouns as being a real thing to want to understand makes more sense from contemplating your "crossed wires" explanation.
Crossed wires=inversion.
It is not supposed to make sense

Why is it gross?

If your brain and body don't match -- that would be difficult for anyone. You'd probably need mental counseling -- but no, not a mental illness.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Why is it gross?

The same could be said for schizophrenics though, their brain/mind is telling them something alternate of reality. Anyway, yes, I fully agree it must be very difficult, and for that, I can sympathise.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

There is the disconnect. What you call a privilege I call a legislated right. A privilege is having a school sport you can try out for. A legislated right is a pass on the rules for participation that apply to others. And when that is given to one player via legislation, it takes that "privilege" away from someone else.

I think its pretty much the same point, just different terminology.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think you are implying you were pretty even without makeup
But what if you were ugly?
I consider it witchcraft myself.
False advertising if your goal is to mate and pairbond.
But of course there are vacuous males also.
But until now they did not wear makeup and claim they are women.
Makeup seems important to this type of "woman".

I like little to zero makeup myself.
I like honesty

OK Guys, let's have it.
Do you like ladies with

A. Face full of makeup
B. Little Makeup
C. No Makeup

I was free and single for quite a few years -- made the most of it

Here's what most men I knew shared with me about makeup: "They like looking at it -- they don't like tasting it"

Most wanted me to look "HOT" when we went out -- but take it off before the bedroom.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Okay -- gotcha!

I do agree -- just different perspective and verbiage. Much of what people are demanding today as "rights" are really just privileges, which do violate ("take away") the rights of others.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Oh, so you question gender equality in sports.

Me too. I don't think we're there yet. Male and female bodies are structured differently.

Not everything is equal.

I have researched it -- have you?

Hard to find a neutral site -- maybe this one:

Transgender Women in the Female Category of Sport: Perspectives on Testosterone Suppression and Performance Advantage. link.springer.com...

I don't have to research it to know the difference between male and female. Those lines were never blurred for me. I know the physiology involved. I know the difference in muscle mass and density. I know the difference in fast and slow twitch musculature. I know the effects of leverage on performance. Yes, I do know what I am talking about.

Consider this: If the arms of a swimmer are compared to oars on a boat. Men generally have larger hands and longer arms than women. The broader the face of the paddle (hand), the longer the oar (arm), the more force it generates in the water for any given amount of strength. Add to that an oarsman who already has greater upper body strength than his competition. How do you even try to consider that fair?

My example goes well beyond just equality in sports. Sports is just an example, as above.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

OK Guys, let's have it.
Do you like ladies with

A. Face full of makeup
B. Little Makeup
C. No Makeup

Little to none, please.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I tend to agree with you... mostly because the men I know agree with you!

I set the bar low from day one. I never started wearing makeup, and my husband likes it that way. If I I'm going to some event where I know I'll probably be photographed though, then I do wear a little makeup. And I hate it!

OK Guys, let's have it.
Do you like ladies with

A. Face full of makeup
B. Little Makeup
C. No Makeup

Come on guys! Weigh in here!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join